• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Genie, Genie+ officially introduced along with confirmed details of how it will work

jpinkc

Ok... just got a email from our Disney travel person, she says you CAN NOT add Genie+ currently to your tickets unless you are staying at an ON Property (IE Disney run) hotel. Swan and Dolphin and etc guests are not able to add Genie+ until maybe another week or 2.

arich35

I am a little worried with getting Genie+ when park hopping. Seems like Epcot and HS would be a perfect day to get G+ but Slinky Dog is the main attraction people will want. If I am not going to HS until lets say 5 or 6 in the evening, getting a pass for SD is going to be tough. It seems like waiting until maybe 8 or 9 AM for a later evening pass for SD would be best but that really limits the passes you can get at Epcot the first 5 hours of the day

LovePop

Those passes dont exist anymore.
I think that was sorta the point?

Yes the cheap passes do exist, and they are the latest offer! Take a look, and tell me if it doesn't make you want to move to Orlando tomorrow:

ap.PNG

You can go all all week every month, except weekends, Spring Break, Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. And unlike Disneyland, everything is available for reservation too:

2.PNG

Is that awesome or what? Forget Disneyland's stupid Keys!

arich35

I am a little worried with getting Genie+ when park hopping. Seems like Epcot and HS would be a perfect day to get G+ but Slinky Dog is the main attraction people will want. If I am not going to HS until lets say 5 or 6 in the evening, getting a pass for SD is going to be tough. It seems like waiting until maybe 8 or 9 AM for a later evening pass for SD would be best but that really limits the passes you can get at Epcot the first 5 hours of the day
I am wondering if doing HS first in the day and ending at Epcot would be best. Did anyone see when Test Track ran out of passes today?

Patcheslee

I am wondering if doing HS first in the day and ending at Epcot would be best. Did anyone see when Test Track ran out of passes today?
Don't know if it ran out, it's currently down so won't show anything.
Everything else is still showing availability in 5 minutes except Remy at 8:40

hsisthebest

Ok, which of these scenarios below is correct- the first is from the FAQ of Genie+, the 2nd is from today’s update on Genie+ opening? Both are here on wdw magic.

I am staying offsite next summer and have been loathing the later access for offsite guests- it would be great if everyone starts at 7.

from wdwmagic:

16. When can I purchase Individual Attractions for Lightning Lane access?

Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests can purchase up to 2 individual attraction selections for Lighting Lane access at 7am on the day of visit. Non-resort hotel guests can make a purchase when the park opens.

Also from wdwmagic:
Before we get onto secondary selections, your first Disney Genie+ Lighting Lane selection can be made at 7am, regardless of whether you are staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotel or offsite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom