Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

hopemax

The real problem for WDW modeling for revenue is that this is a diminishing marginal return.........

As there rides get experienced more and more, less and less will be willing to pay (thats why nobody is paying for Space Mountain, Frozen and Everest right now and unwilling to pay for other rides if they became IAS rides........(rather wait than pay)

WDW will have to constantly be able to bring new attractions to satisfier that demand

I know GOG, Tron and ROTR are the shiny new toys but sooner or later it will happen to them too (and i think it will happen to RemRat before the end of the year)
We shouldn't judge from the first day, in non-peak season while International travel is still hugely impacted by the pandemic. No one needs to buy Everest because 60+ minute waits are not typical there and there are tricks to avoid even more modest waits. It's 1:00 and it's still only 20 minutes. The other two, yes, the types of guests who are currently visiting (DVC people with points to burn and people who need their fix) may not feel the need to buy them while waits are better than 2019. But when the visitor makeup returns to normal patterns, and if overall demand returns to normal levels with corresponding wait times then we'll see. International, especially, I can see people just rolling it into "the cost of doing the business of a US vacation" as if it were a food, ticket, or lodging line item. People who plan on being "one and done"... they are who this is targeted toward, and they may not be traveling to WDW today, Oct 19, 2021.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
can an IAS and Genie+ selection overlap, or better yet have the exact same return time window?
Yes and it will show this
0F69F6E6-4471-420E-AC90-9830279E3B5D.jpeg

LovePop

That's a good question!
With a toddler, value to me isn't derived through money. Short waits are key. Like I said, lower than $9 would be nice but it's not the priority.

I wouldn't want my toddler waiting in anything past a posted 30min wait. If it was a must do and the last day of our holiday and the toddler was starting to get tired, I'd pay through my eyeballs to skip that line.

Sorry boys, chapek wins.
True. You might be able to beat that situation if you get all the must dos done before the last day so that you are not stuck with paying through the eyeballs, but that might not always be feasible.

Chapek is not winning against me. I'll pay for Genie+ but I'll cut something else to make it even.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
True. You might be able to beat that situation if you get all the must dos done before the last day so that you are not stuck with paying through the eyeballs, but that might not always be feasible.

Chapek is not winning against me. I'll pay for Genie+ but I'll cut something else to make it even.
It's never too early to start selling blood.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Do you only have an hour to return for the LA$ rides, or can you return anytime after the time you select like with a DAS pass?
All LL bookings give you an hour timeslot to show up. There is a 5 minute grace period of showing up early. We're waiting on someone to test if LL has the same 15 minute grace period after the booking time. So, you are able to miss your booked time if you show up too late (unlike DAS). But sometimes, a CM may grant you a little 'magic.' Make sure the sob story is good and you look like you're going to cry.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think this bears monitoring going forward (like the rest of this rollout). I'm not advocating purchasing the I.L.L's, but there was supposed to be a perceived "benefit" for on-site guests in this regard so they would have first choice from the time slots. Holding back additional AM slots or more until after park open for non-resort guests doesn't really feel much like a benefit if you've purchased an afternoon slot at 430pm to only find out they've released a whole other wave of AM slots.

The difference is people were trying to make this out to be some 'benefit' of huge value because again people are spending all their energy on how to 'optimize' stuff... vs just letting this be a convenience Disney offers.

Disney never sold this as some 'why you should book onsite' - it was just an implementation detail shared.

As it's been said before (but people don't listen...) Disney is incentivized to keep LL availability present throughout the day. Don't be upset that resort guests don't have some uber exclusive access others don't. It was never going to be that way given the constructs of the system and the incentives Disney has.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Why would you want to buy a box of empty crayons? How do YOU not get that?

Lmao they're trying to sell you an ILL on top of the VQ return time!?

Big brass ones.

I plan to buy Genie+ at 7PM when I'm in the parks simply as a tip to ol' Bob Chapek to let him know he's doing a great job!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
If they're going to release inventory throughout the day, then booking something 4 hours away seems like a bad decision for most people. Just book something that has availability sometime soon even if it's something minor and then keep checking for more release times of the attraction you wanted.

So you're saying... it may work better to just take recommendations as they come based on runtime conditions...

From a system that was built to give people recommendations based on runtime conditions...

spock-fascinating.gif

:)

People have this 'first come, first serve' mindset about FP so engrained they are struggling to realize Disney may actually be enabling a 'adhoc' model...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom