Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

danv3

Its inefficient, no matter how angry you get and it goes backwards to a system (paper fast pass) that did not work and that's why they got rid of it

Neither efficiency nor working well (for guests) is the goal, though. The goal--the only goal--is sweet, sweet cash.

DCLcruiser

How do you purchase it for length of stay? In the MDE App I see where to purchase it but its only for the day and does not allow me because I do not have a park pass reservation for today (in which I do not). How do I add it on to my theme park tickets/park reservations?
You add it when you book the tickets. If you already purchased tickets you have to add Genie+ each day.

Chi84

Premium Member
How do you purchase it for length of stay? In the MDE App I see where to purchase it but its only for the day and does not allow me because I do not have a park pass reservation for today (in which I do not). How do I add it on to my theme park tickets/park reservations?
You have to go to My Day (next to My Future Plans) and change it to the first day of your valid admission ticket. Then you should be able to scroll down to a bar that allows you to add Genie+

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Us diehard fans are being screwed. After all these years of love and support to these parks. You know why maybe it’s time to build another resort in the US for crowd control and something else to see, something a bit different than the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Maybe a smaller seasonal castle park up north for smaller volumes but eat some of the Holiday and summer crowds. Us New Yorkers are at outdoor events until January.
Perhaps you can put together a business plan, get some backers, and build your own theme park?

nickys

Premium Member
I'm guessing to avoid complaints of, "Your app said the wait would be 5 min. at 3pm, but it was 20!".
Maybe. But Touring Plans showed graphs from Genie side by side that appeared to suggest the wait for ITTBAB would be longer all day than FOP! 🤣🤣

Brian Noble

Us diehard fans are being screwed.
But I bet most of us will still go. In the immortal words of Pogo: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

What they should have done (at least for the Genie+ part) was just raised the prices $15 per day (and some amount for annual passes) and included Genie+.
I'm not sure why that's obviously better. In the current model, I can decide if I want to pay the $15 or not. Sometimes I might want to, other times I won't. If it ends up getting folded into admission no matter what, I don't get to choose.

What's more, we know what happens if everyone has access to it. It was called FP+, and it had plenty of problems---maybe the most significant of which was that it was too popular.

LovePop

And take a chance that it may go down for the rest of the day. No, thanks.
You have a point there. But then, aren't you taking a chance either way? RotR can go down during the IAS ticket also. Or does it more likely go down in the evening, like the system got tired after working all day?

DCLcruiser

I added it for the entire trip (October 22 to 27). It's not immediately apparent how to do so - I initially got the message to call, but it worked when I changed My Day to October 22. Then it just confirmed the full 6-day amount and charged my credit card.
I wonder if it works because your trip has not started yet? It would be interesting to see if someone started their trip before today, and then tried to add Genie+ to their remaining days (assuming longer than just today).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom