Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mikejs78

Premium Member
The "all inclusive" ticket absolutely did not sell for $30 in 1982. It went for half that: $15.

The first WDW I ever paid for with my own money was a 3-day hopper which I bought in May 1983 for $35. Again, that was a 3-day ticket. These are the ticket prices from May 1983:

View attachment 594336

The following chart, which I have not updated in many years, includes the most expensive Adventure Book in the price of the ticket up to 1981.

View attachment 594334

Essentially, WDW ticket prices closely followed Median Household Income until the early 2000s.

Looking more closely at what has happened across all WDW ticket prices since then:

View attachment 594335

Since the early 2000s, WDW ticket price increases have far outpaced Household Income across almost all income groups. (Pretty much every group except the top 1%, which I did not chart.)
I stand corrected.

SingleRider

For the Genie+ attractions it says "Buy at park open or if a resort guest at 7:00am". I thought everyone could get their first Genie+ selection at 7am and only the individual purchases were restricted to resort guests at 7am?

vikescaper

After updating MDE and playing around with Genie for a bit, I don’t hate it. I started to “plan” for my next day at DHS on October 31 and selected the rides that interest me the most. The annoying part is that it is now telling me that is time to book dining reservations and any extras I may want. I already have two dining reservations for that day so I really don’t want another. I am still curious to see how everything goes once the parks open for the day.

brb1006

Bob Chapek in the coming months
fa1b60d08ccc55f0c11f1626a81f7be2.gif

vikescaper

Unless I am missing something, you can’t view all your plans on one page like you used to be able to. You have to select a different day on the calendar to view those plans. Also, I attempted to purchase Genie+ for today and it seemed like it was going to let me even though I don’t have a park reservation. I didn’t want to go any further because I didn’t want to chance anything.

aaronml

Unless I am missing something, you can’t view all your plans on one page like you used to be able to. You have to select a different day on the calendar to view those plans. Also, I attempted to purchase Genie+ for today and it seemed like it was going to let me even though I don’t have a park reservation. I didn’t want to go any further because I didn’t want to chance anything.
Yeah I’m not really sure why they removed the “My Plans” part of the app. I’d prefer to use that in advance, but primarily the Genie “My Day” UI on the day of my visit.

Patcheslee

Can't even do the plans without having tickets linked. I was going to just play around a bit.

nickys

Premium Member
What I’ve seen from someone else who did play around with Genie at midnight was that she was able to select a day a few months away that she does have a reservation for. She added the 8 attractions she was interested in and could “choose” special experiences (although only one was available) and up to 5 restaurants. And then the message came back “cool, we’ll create your plan in XYZ days”. So you only get to see your “Genie plan” on the day of your visit.

Not only that but if she tries to go back and look at it, the calendar starts at today and she had to scroll through the calendar until her actual day. It doesn’t let her choose the single day she’s made a “plan” for.

nickys

Premium Member
Is anyone else unable to see any of their dining reservations now
I’ve just seen someone else she can’t see them in one list like before. She has to click on each day separately and scroll through a whole lot of recommendations first.

Not sure if that’s under My Plans or My Genie Day Plans. Have you tried both?

edit: she can’t see the list of them anywhere.

nickys

Premium Member
It's not a menu option at the moment but if you search for "My Plans" you can get to the old list of everything.
Can you clarify please? I have a friend whose trying to have a stress-free trip and is already unhappy that she can’t see a list of plans like she could before.

So simply search My Plans and that brings up the old style list, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom