Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

sbbr

I think they probably want to have one consistent time to make it less complicated with early access, park opening being different depending on park and date, etc. It will be less confusing for people if it's the same time no matter what day it is or what park you're going to. 7 am is the time for virtual queues as well, so maybe they feel like that's the earliest reasonable time that people might want to start planning their days. Everyone is going to have different preferences for timing and I bet they would get complaints from a lot of rope droppers if they couldn't have their first LL of the day planned out on their way to the parks.

Jeff4272

Won't that depend on the times you are given for a particular ride? For example, if you want SDD and everyone else is also trying to book it, isn't it possible the time you'll be given is around 1 or 2pm?
Yes but then why make people get up at 7am and make it at park opening? Its an arbitrary time if you cannot stack so the time doesnt matter as long as everyone has the same opportunity

Meaning if you get up at 7am and get 2pm SDD return then why not let people sleep in and do it at 9am?

Jrb1979

Agree......this makes no sense then........7am is a joke
It does for Disney. They are good at training people to do what Disney wants. First they made everyone become spreadsheet planners. Now they are working on training everyone to be rope droppers.

pdude81

I'm willing to bet that after you scan in for your 9am or 11am or whatever that the next one is immediately bookable. Still doesn't allow for stacking much but tolerable.

Jrb1979

I'm willing to bet that after you scan in for your 9am or 11am or whatever that the next one is immediately bookable. Still doesn't allow for stacking much but tolerable.
Which is understandable. I don't think they really want people stacking much. Less stacking means more availability for everyone.

Purduevian

No one is making you get up at 7am.
But there is a disadvantage to not getting up at 7am and Disney apparently picked that time for no good reason. I'm thinking of the old TSMM issue where FP was sold out for the whole day within the first hour or so. Imagine if SDD sells out for the entire day by 7:15am. Even worse, if this happens on Test Track where the park doesn't even open for 3 more hours.

Jrb1979

But there is a disadvantage to not getting up at 7am and Disney apparently picked that time for no good reason. I'm thinking of the old TSMM issue where FP was sold out for the whole day within the first hour or so. Imagine if SDD sells out for the entire day by 7:15am. Even worse, if this happens on Test Track where the park doesn't even open for 3 more hours.
I don't think rides will sellout much. Unlike when FP was around and everyone had it, I think 50% of people at best will buy this everyday.

runnsally

Won't that depend on the times you are given for a particular ride? For example, if you want SDD and everyone else is also trying to book it, isn't it possible the time you'll be given is around 1 or 2pm?
Yes - once there is a precedent for how quickly times are booked, you’ll have to plan approximately what time you need to be in the system to book a particular ride at a particular time. But this doesn’t mean being up at 7a on the dot if you don’t plan on getting to the park until 11…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom