Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Casper Gutman

How many of those rides at the Studios will you actually be able find LL timeslots for though? Or once you're done at AK and head to EPCOT, will there still be TT or Soarin LLs left? This all remains to be seen...
Yup… everyone will have the same idea. Almost everyone will have Genie and be trying to get on ToT, MMRR, and RotR.

Waters Back Side

How many of those rides at the Studios will you actually be able find LL timeslots for though? Or once you're done at AK and head to EPCOT, will there still be TT or Soarin LLs left? This all remains to be seen...

If this ends up a problem Genie will fail miserably and nobody will buy it again. The rides that were always the hardest to get are mostly on the IAS tier anyway. Getting Smugglers and MMRR without waking up st 7am shouldnt be a problem.

Waiting until 9 am to get Slinky or Rise could very well be a problem.

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

HUsband and I loved it. Looked for it when we went back many years later only to find Frozen. Agree that is wasn't some Disney Icon........ but I miss it.

I'm in the boat thst Maelstrom was also nothing special but it was never intended to be. It never drew big lines. Similarly like the one next to it in the Mexoco Pavilion (Grand Fiesta).

My only point on Frozen is despite the Animatronics it is a lot of emptiness inside. It draws crowds and is good for kids into the movie but there is nothing that stands out about it. I suppose it slightly exaggerated when i said "nothing abiut it is better then the Mermaid ride, but it is far from an impressive e ticket attraction and it does not belong where it is.

UNCgolf

And now, for something completely different:

The Airing of Unrelated Grievances.

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

Casper Gutman

If this ends up a problem Genie will fail miserably and nobody will buy it again. The rides that were always the hardest to get are mostly on the IAS tier anyway. Getting Smugglers and MMRR without waking up st 7am shouldnt be a problem.

Waiting until 9 am to get Slinky or Rise could very well be a problem.
Why do people think there is even the slimmest chance Disney will let Genie fail? It seems to me that, as the endpoint and justification of more then a decade of corporate philosophy, Disney will manipulate the parks in any way necessary to make sure Genie is indispensable for almost every guest. They’ll make sure standby lines for Small World are 150 minutes if they have to.

Jeff4272

I agree with this 100% unless they stagger the availability of Genie+ like they did with ROTR BGs (except with more frequency). As I mentioned in a previous post, they could release a percentage of each rides availability at different times.

if they only drop 25% of availability every 3 hours it could work

Marriedatdisney

I just have to vent. Have my DVC reservations for december. Bought the tickets today... four of us... $3k for seven days. Which is bananas. Would have bought DVC annual passes but they blockout thanksgiving and christmas week - which is when we're going. I login or TRY to login to make park reservations. Site doesn't work. Try a different browser. Still bombs out. Go to another computer.... get thru, try to make a park reservation. Tells me my party doesn't have tickets. Go the to page for tickets. Yup, they're there and linked.

It's one thing to get nailed for ever increasing tickets and costs.... but at least... make. your. damn. technology. work. I'm a Chief Technology Officer. I know it's complicated. But my god, you have massive teams and offshore resources etc. Buying tickets, and making reservations is not rocket science. I know I'm going to get gouged over and over but at least manage your infrastructure. It's been bad for years and never gets better. Fire your CIO, Fire your CTO, find someone that knows how to build technology.

Minnesota disney fan

I just have to vent. Have my DVC reservations for december. Bought the tickets today... four of us... $3k for seven days. Which is bananas. Would have bought DVC annual passes but they blockout thanksgiving and christmas week - which is when we're going. I login or TRY to login to make park reservations. Site doesn't work. Try a different browser. Still bombs out. Go to another computer.... get thru, try to make a park reservation. Tells me my party doesn't have tickets. Go the to page for tickets. Yup, they're there and linked.

It's one thing to get nailed for ever increasing tickets and costs.... but at least... make. your. damn. technology. work. I'm a Chief Technology Officer. I know it's complicated. But my god, you have massive teams and offshore resources etc. Buying tickets, and making reservations is not rocket science. I know I'm going to get gouged over and over but at least manage your infrastructure. It's been bad for years and never gets better. Fire your CIO, Fire your CTO, find someone that knows how to build technology.

So, you have to pay $3,000. plus your DVC charges???? Nuts.

Disney's IT started going downhill when they fired all their experienced IT workers and hired off site to cut costs. OH, that this was followed by the original team having to teach the new team too. I remember reading about this at the time, and thought, Oh No, there goes good IT at disney. We won't go back anymore and are happy to have had so many visits over the years.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Disney's IT started going downhill when they fired all their experienced IT workers and hired off site to cut costs. OH, that this was followed by the original team having to teach the new team too. I remember reading about this at the time, and thought, Oh No, there goes good IT at disney. We won't go back anymore and are happy to have had so many visits over the years.

disney’s tech platforms were notoriously unreliable long before that layoff that made the news. Makes good clicks but not really meaty. Besides, disney was contracting work before then too.

Marriedatdisney

Oh... dialed in for tech support.. Current hold time is..... 168 minutes...

Marriedatdisney

Yes, family of four x 7 days park hopper = $2960. To stay on topic... this is before the Genie+ costs because they haven't launched yet. We own 600+ DVC Points... But our park trips are going to be cut back with all of this going on. It's just not enjoyable anymore. Too complicated and not a good value for the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom