Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Patcheslee

Something that just occurred to me is for people that don't have park hoppers, Genie+ could in theory still show time slots and BPs available at other parks in an attempt to get people to upgrade to hopper tickets. Imagine being at AK and seeing there's an BG for RotR after a failed attempt HS day to ride. Or a time slot for Space Mtn after their MK day.

danv3

Given IAS and the relatively low number of attractions in three of the four parks, Genie+ only seems to make any sense in the MK. Little chance of getting your money's worth in any of the other parks except perhaps on the absolute busiest days, but then the Genie+ availability might be so limited that you still don't get your money's worth.

disneygeek90

Nobody liked Maelstrom until they closed it.
This. I remember walking right onto it all the time. It was an attraction to do while walking in the Showcase, but hardly something I felt I had to do often.

Like it or not Frozen is enjoyed by many people, and is absolutely a draw for those with little kids that have a love for the franchise. More so than Maelstrom ever was.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Given IAS and the relatively low number of attractions in three of the four parks, Genie+ only seems to make any sense in the MK. Little chance of getting your money's worth in any of the other parks except perhaps on the absolute busiest days, but then the Genie+ availability might be so limited that you still don't get your money's worth.
Will make a difference at DHS. To be able to get LL.access to ToT, RnRC, MFSR, TSM, and either Slinky or MMRR seems worth it to me.

Also worth it for park hopping - if you're doing more than one park in a day, you could LL stuff at AK and then hop to Epcot to do TT/Soarin.

UNCgolf

Maelstrom was mediocre, but it was certainly a better fit than Frozen.

I also think it was a better attraction than Frozen from a design standpoint -- it was somewhat disjointed, but it was still more interesting and worked better overall than FEA does. If FEA was a non-IP attraction it would be one of the worst Disney has ever built, but people ride it because they want to see Frozen characters and hear Frozen songs.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Malestrom is still the worst new attraction added to EPCOT. It was stale, it was a letdown, and the biggest 'fan tip' about the attraction was that people could skip the ride's film finish.

And this is coming from someone who used to considers themself a part-time Oslo resident and who adores Norweigan culture.

Frozen is still gonna benefit from Fastpass... no matter what.

Wendy Pleakley

I liked Maelstrom a lot, but I'm a sucker for cheesy dark rides.

I think there's a lot of factors causing differing opinions on that attraction.

It has been argued that Disney allowed it to sink into disrepair, making it seem less egregious they would shutter it.

On the other side of the fence, even if one thinks Frozen is the better ride, many people resent the inclusion of a cartoon into World Showcase, this being just one of many changes to the original vision of Epcot, which many people lament.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't think Frozen is particuarly bad. I'm not a fan of its placement, but as a ride itself it's a decent classic C-ticket dark ride. Definately a once per trip for us, but it's decent, and the animatronics are a pleasure to watch.

danv3

Will make a difference at DHS. To be able to get LL.access to ToT, RnRC, MFSR, TSM, and either Slinky or MMRR seems worth it to me.

Also worth it for park hopping - if you're doing more than one park in a day, you could LL stuff at AK and then hop to Epcot to do TT/Soarin.
How many of those rides at the Studios will you actually be able find LL timeslots for though? Or once you're done at AK and head to EPCOT, will there still be TT or Soarin LLs left? This all remains to be seen...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom