Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DisneyDodo

Another option would be to double the capacity of the Magic Kingdom ... How?

Turn it into a two session park, and run it for more hours.

Session A - 7 am till 3 pm
Session B - 3 pm till 11 pm

$120 a ticket for each session or $200 for both.

Now you essentially doubled MKs capacity for the day. Like a restaurant turning tables over during the evening hours.

Or if you want to be crazy, build a second MK :)
This doesn't double capacity - it halves it, for the same price.

doctornick

The choice still exists, and the consequences are much the same as I experienced in 1991: aimlessness is less efficient than planning. Some may prefer that, and that’s their right.
Right. And the main reason that spontaneous days are less enjoyable is not because of these products but because of massive increases in attendance (without a corresponding increase in capacity). It’s not like the parks have been “relaxing” and not busy this past summer without fast pass existing.

aliceismad

Another option would be to double the capacity of the Magic Kingdom ... How?

Turn it into a two session park, and run it for more hours.

Session A - 7 am till 3 pm
Session B - 3 pm till 11 pm

$120 a ticket for each session or $200 for both.

Now you essentially doubled MKs capacity for the day. Like a restaurant turning tables over during the evening hours.

Or if you want to be crazy, build a second MK :)
Yeah. They do that. It's called afterhours events and parties. Many people on these boards hate them.

jpinkc

I'm assuming it's the money it costs. Leaving a bad taste in people's mouths to have to pay for what was once free.
Really it was never truly Free it was baked in to your Park Ticket and Room Reservation for on site. Now if they had LOWERED Regular Admission ticket and done this It would be seen as the SHALLOW CASH GRAB IT IS

po1998

Or......

(And I know has been suggested constantly for the past 22 years and always shut down)

They could build a fifth gate. If the issue is that there are too many people in the resorts and they're not building rides, keep the hotel rooms the same and build a fifth park. In theory you would reduce congestion in the other parks by 20%. I understand that they're super cheap and not interested in creating anything new but that's the obvious fix for the "We have too many people!!" problem.
What is just as effective and less costly than a 5th gate...add more attractions to the four existing parks. 😉

Missing20K

Or rope dropping them, which is an option everywhere except Rise and, initially, Rat.
And GotG, and TRON, and……. 😉

Nope. A fifth gate would increase total crowd levels by more than 20%, making things more crowded, not less. And those crowds would disproportionately visit the Magic Kingdom. And they would disproportionately want to be on Main Street at Fireworks time.

Bringing more total people to Walt Disney World puts additional strain on the spots that are already pinch points.
So do you ever increase supply? Or just increase prices and efficiency? (A slightly rhetorical, mostly not, general economics question)

Would there be any circumstance in which it would make sense to increase capacity? (A mostly non-rhetorical question, slightly not, specific DIS question)

NoOtherOptions

Why not scrap this Genie / Genie + concept / project keep what is already in place while thinking things through on how to, now hold on to your shirt, providing a special experience for the guests. The old happy guests spend more money thing rather than how can how to scam a few more dollars off the suckers.
Why would they ever scrap it when in like 3 months people will stop complaining and just eat their gruel?

pdude81

Solid 6.5 hours of sleep per night. Seems reasonable for a vacation destination that relies quite significantly on families with young and younger children. I suppose I’ll set an alarm for 11:58 pm to purchase G+ and 6:58 am to buy the IAS time slots.
People get sleep on a WDW vacation? This surprises me if you want to get on more than 3 rides a day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom