News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickys

Premium Member
Are those FP guaranteed? Could a guest get 3 FP to any/same ride, any park, any time within the same day? If so, then I think it's worth it.

Signature Services book them for you at 90 days, plus your regular ones for the same days at the same time.
They can be for any ride, any park.
Still subject to hourly rules, no duplicates (although at 60 days you can change your regular ones to duplicate a club level FP).
You cannot later the club level FPs at all, no modify, no delete. Signature Services need to do that even on the day.
Effectively the club level FPs are like three anytime FPs except they are for specific rides. But you can still get a 4th & subsequent FP even if they are still unused.

Bear in mind you need to be staying CL or at a DVC 3-bed villa, CC cabin or Poly bungalow. And pay $50 per person per day for a minimum of 3 days. But not everyone in the room needs to book them.

wedenterprises

Signature Services book them for you at 90 days, plus your regular ones for the same days at the same time.
They can be for any ride, any park.
Still subject to hourly rules, no duplicates (although at 60 days you can change your regular ones to duplicate a club level FP).
You cannot later the club level FPs at all, no modify, no delete. Signature Services need to do that even on the day.
Effectively the club level FPs are like three anytime FPs except they are for specific rides. But you can still get a 4th & subsequent FP even if they are still unused.

Bear in mind you need to be staying CL or at a DVC 3-bed villa, CC cabin or Poly bungalow. And pay $50 per person per day for a minimum of 3 days. But not everyone in the room needs to book them.
Thanks for the info!

I think at some point buying FPs will make sense for me, personally. I spend money on the dumbest things at WDW so I'm sure I can make adjustments without spending more money overall.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for the info!

I think at some point buying FPs will make sense for me, personally. I spend money on the dumbest things at WDW so I'm sure I can make adjustments without spending more money overall.

Just FYI, for the moment the programme is cancelled. Signature Services are closed so those with CL stays 2-3 months away are not able to book the add-on.

BromBones

So an app that is going to suggest the ideal times to do things.

Wouldn't the ideal time be the same time for most people? So how many people will the "Genie" recommend do the same thing at the same time?

RSoxNo1

I would think this is a project that could get cut. The counter argument to that is that they'd view it as a money maker.

It took us a while to figure out how not to do that. It's not obvious how to do it, especially when you don't know whether people are actually doing what you tell them.
Has anyone heard of what this might actually cost? Is it going to be similar to the $50/day they tested? Also, what about the actual structure of the plans? Are they going to be prepackaged or will we be able to select ala carte? And r you going to have to stay in a certain room category still?

EricsBiscuit

So an app that is going to suggest the ideal times to do things.

Wouldn't the ideal time be the same time for most people? So how many people will the "Genie" recommend do the same thing at the same time?
Not necessarily. It’s probably based off input of preferences, demographics of the group, and other factors.

nickys

Premium Member
Has anyone heard of what this might actually cost? Is it going to be similar to the $50/day they tested? Also, what about the actual structure of the plans? Are they going to be prepackaged or will we be able to select ala carte? And r you going to have to stay in a certain room category still?

I think this is more like trying to suggest a plan for the day. Nothing was said about it costing anything as such, I assumed it would be a feature of MDE.

However it could also be used to suggest FPs to buy when they introduce paid FPs.

TrojanUSC

I think this is more like trying to suggest a plan for the day. Nothing was said about it costing anything as such, I assumed it would be a feature of MDE.

However it could also be used to suggest FPs to buy when they introduce paid FPs.

So many guests use external media and sites for trip planning, Disney wants to bring a lot of that in-house. Additionally, the app will be used for additional uncharges and enhanced revenue options.

lentesta

Premium Member

My reading of it was that it was a separate app from MDE and Play Parks, based on the blog announcement:
We look forward to sharing more details on Disney Genie closer to its planned launch in late 2020, including how it will interact with the existing My Disney Experience and Play Disney Parks apps.

nickys

Premium Member
My reading of it was that it was a separate app from MDE and Play Parks, based on the blog announcement:
Pretty sure there'll be an upcharge involved for this, somewhere, somehow. The job description for the architect role for it had 'revenue' mentioned prominently.

Thanks! I guess it will definitely be linked to the idea of paid FPs in some way. It may be you have to purchase it to be able to access additional FPs.

But I don’t believe it will compare to your Touring Plans tool with regard to park planning. And I say that as someone who doesn’t create a TP plan to follow religiously but instead uses it to plan the day, evaluates it and books FPs to fit in with it.
Genie will likely use fairly generic suggestions, similar to the various pages on their website for “families”, “thrills”, “tweens” etc. It’ll be interesting to see how they market the idea to persuade people to buy it.

mhaftman7

I’m definitely interested in seeing how this shakes out. I doubt it would be 100% revenue based, but to have the option to pay for what you REALLY want to do is intriguing. As a family of four that goes on vacation to, believe it or not, ACTUALLY spend time with one another, $200 per day (if that is or close to the price point) is pretty steep.

RSoxNo1

Pretty sure there'll be an upcharge involved for this, somewhere, somehow. The job description for the architect role for it had 'revenue' mentioned prominently.
With the anticipation that the parks will be open under wildly different circumstances, wouldn't it stand to reason that this project does not debut in late 2020 as originally forecasted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom