News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yup, that pretty much confirms that Genie will contain the replacement for FP+.

I disagree…it’s gonna be the SAME awful app with fresh paint and the same awful prebook ride management…with tap to pay buttons

Was it confirmed on the call that Genie is coming to DLR also, not just WDW?

said wdw specifically

Last edited:

Todd H

star wars GIF

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I disagree…it’s gonna be the SAME awful app with fresh paint and the same awful prebook ride management…with tap to pay buttons

said wdw spexiclsky
No, no, Genie will $ave gue$t$ time and money by not $tanding in long line$ and in$tead allow them to enjoy other MAGICAL experience$ (And commercial opportunitie$).

sup

I’m growing more and more disillusioned with Disney trying to control everything about your stay. I love Disney World don’t get me wrong, but they now highly schedule every aspect of your trip. I come from a line of work where I’m on a very rigid schedule. I’m much more of a go with the flow person on vacation. But it sound like even more so with Genie that can’t be possible.
face in you phone all day,,, just like work.. it sucks

Jeff4272

Haven’t been following this subject to closely but will Genie replace MDE? And how is Genie going to work for local APs who do not plan things out to far in advance and or go to the parks last minute?
Ummmmm. Not sure if you noticed but you cannot do that any more b you need a park pass. Trying for less people and more money. Pricing us out. They are changing their model. The AP holder who doesn’t spend a lot of money is what they are trying to get rid of.

“Peasants need not apply”. deluxe guests only

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ummmmm. Not sure if you noticed but you cannot do that any more b you need a park pass. Trying for less people and more money. Pricing us out. They are changing their model. The AP holder who doesn’t spend a lot of money is what they are trying to get rid of.

“Peasants need not apply”. deluxe guests only
Not quite…you reserve whatever you allotment you have…then reset after. That’s what it is…whether it sucks or not is relative to the person
Whatever. Just tell me how to game the system.
Want to hear the bad news on that?

Waters Back Side

There was nothing said in that article that definitively means resort guests have to pay to skip lines on every ride. Still not going to rule out that guests will be able to do so at no charge even if it's less then 3. We will see when it goes live or more is shared. This is nothing we all have not already known or speculated for a while.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sounds like I am going to have my phone out and on all day. Sucks to be a slave to a phone. I am old school and don't sleep, shower and poo with my phone like young people. I hate this face in your phone all day thing.
My kids are like that on vacation. Not just slightly more mature people;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom