News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark P.

Assuming this is built on a more stable platform than the existing error- and crash-prone MDE app, this could be a game-changer. Imagine being able to guide newbies toward less popular attractions by "suggesting" an itinerary that redistributes crowds during peak days? Being able to dynamically recommend sets of FP+ selections based on historical preferences or existing reservations? This is a perfect use case for machine learning that could benefit both guests *and* park ops, and I'm cautiously optimistic.

drizgirl

Assuming this is built on a more stable platform than the existing error- and crash-prone MDE app, this could be a game-changer. Imagine being able to guide newbies toward less popular attractions by "suggesting" an itinerary that redistributes crowds during peak days? Being able to dynamically recommend sets of FP+ selections based on historical preferences or existing reservations? This is a perfect use case for machine learning that could benefit both guests *and* park ops, and I'm cautiously optimistic.
Sorry, we have no reason to believe Disney is capable of developing a more stable platform.

Kane88

I’m growing more and more disillusioned with Disney trying to control everything about your stay. I love Disney World don’t get me wrong, but they now highly schedule every aspect of your trip. I come from a line of work where I’m on a very rigid schedule. I’m much more of a go with the flow person on vacation. But it sound like even more so with Genie that can’t be possible.

rowrbazzle

Yup. My thought was Disney has decided enough companies are making money providing planning services to their business so they need to get on it. It makes sense to provide something in-house to keep folks more focused on what Disney offers and help with Disney's own tracking. I imagine many Disney newbies would opt for an official Disney service too.

SirWillow

This could be really good, or an even worse version of MDE. MDE can be great when it works, but it doesn't work so often...
I can get it to work when I'm at home, but after a day or two in Florida, it no longer will even load. Or all the times that it just plain crashes completely.

And the Disneyland version I still after a month of trying can't get it to add our tickets, and we've only got a month left until we go. Hoping it will decide to work so we use MaxPass.

So unless they can manage to fix app killing bugs like that, I don't care what else it does, it won't do it. Hopefully that's part of it as it sounds like it's a complete rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom