Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Is it still possible to do an attraction that you had booked on G+, book the next after you scan in, and then after the first attraction go in and keep trying to modify the 2nd attraction until you get a time close to the time you want (or sooner)?

I still wish they would just let everyone book the times they want like Fp+

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If it's Na'vi River Journey on an E ticket scale -- i.e. longer and more AAs but with NRJ's attention to overall place-setting and detail -- it will absolutely be worth the wait. That would mean they built an awesome attraction.
You got a lot of hope for a shoehorned/mismatched overlay for a movie that frankly was never that popular…

UNCgolf

You got a lot of hope for a shoehorned/mismatched overlay for a movie that frankly was never that popular…

Where are you reading hope into that? I wasn't saying I expect them to actually build that.

I was only saying that NRJ is is a much better starting point/base for a dark ride than just about anything else they've built in 15+ years. Despite its flaws it has highly detailed, immersive physical sets -- Tiana needs that to have a chance of being a great attraction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it still possible to do an attraction that you had booked on G+, book the next after you scan in, and then after the first attraction go in and keep trying to modify the 2nd attraction until you get a time close to the time you want (or sooner)?

I still wish they would just let everyone book the times they want like Fp+
Fastpass…and all it’s successors…is about crowd distribution and flow.

the biggest mistake they made was making it “reservations” around the dining plan. It really was. Should have been a virtual queue always.

Dining plan was a mistake too…but I’ll digress.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Where are you reading hope into that? I wasn't saying I expect them to actually build that.

I was only saying that NRJ is is a much better starting point/base for a dark ride than just about anything else they've built in 15+ years. Despite its flaws it has highly detailed, immersive physical sets -- Tiana needs that to have a chance of being a great attraction.
Realize I’m just messing with you…

But i wasn’t kidding about the details.
It is a ride built to provide a thrill and the movie was never that popular.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Genie+ has decreased to $25 per person for today (Saturday 3/18).

Attachments

• D03A20B6-FCC1-40F1-AA94-0635F1B8D75E.jpeg
    D03A20B6-FCC1-40F1-AA94-0635F1B8D75E.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33

Fido Chuckwagon

If it's Na'vi River Journey on an E ticket scale -- i.e. longer and more AAs but with NRJ's attention to overall place-setting and detail -- it will absolutely be worth the wait. That would mean they built an awesome attraction.
No, it will be Navi River Journey on a Navi River Journey scale. I hope you like lots of projections and maybe 1 or 2 animatronics!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That wouldn't surprise me. That would still be preferable over a lot of other potential outcomes, though -- like if they turned it into Little Mermaid, or even Ratatouille or MMRR.
I honestly don’t know why rat gets the hate?

It’s a clone…but a cute original concept from Paris. Rate it as such.

You sound more not into the trackless. I get that…they’re already overdone and rather dull

UNCgolf

You sound more not into the trackless. I get that…they’re already overdone and rather dull

I don't hate Rat -- I just don't like how often you park in front of a screen and watch a movie. You do at least move through some decent physical sets between the movie portions, though. It's fine overall.

Of course that's not really a potential issue for Tiana anyways since they can't park the boats in front of a screen.

Something like Little Mermaid is probably the worst case scenario for Tiana.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Wish they would have translated it to all English tho but ya know that would cost Bobby too much

EPCOT-O.G.

No, it will be Navi River Journey on a Navi River Journey scale. I hope you like lots of projections and maybe 1 or 2 animatronics!
I can see them having more AA’s, but really 90% of the budget goes to the two Tiana ones.

I do think they have themselves in a pickle if they just reskin what’s already there. My ongoing assumption based on trends in WDI history is to remove rides with extensive and costly to maintain AAs and replace them with screens. If this ride retains half of what’s there it would be a great aberration from the last two decades of ride development.

DisneyDreamer08

Nice! I just went back and checked and the water mark was removed from ride photos on days we had Genie. I wish I would have known this because we had several ride photos not show up in our account. My husband and I rode Guardians twice separately. So we should have had 4 photos. We had zero of us and about 6 of other random people. But since we didn’t purchase memory maker, I was just like, oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

pdude81

Nice! I just went back and checked and the water mark was removed from ride photos on days we had Genie. I wish I would have known this because we had several ride photos not show up in our account. My husband and I rode Guardians twice separately. So we should have had 4 photos. We had zero of us and about 6 of other random people. But since we didn’t purchase memory maker, I was just like, oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
You can still contact photopass and ask them to look into this. Especially if you have other pictures to know what you were wearing and the ride photos should be from the same time. All is not lost

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom