Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

G00fyDad

So were these all the changes that were talked about earlier this year that were supposed to happen for 2023? Just the latest update and the change to date-based/pick your park tickets instead of reservations? (for single days)

I'm slightly disappointed, thought bigger changes were coming.

The changes you want you ain't gettin' and the changes you gettin' you don't want.

OIP (1).jpg

Jrb1979

It isn’t 2023 yet. 😉

I think further changes are coming around both park reservations and Genie+
For Genie+ there really isn't much else to change. I don't see it going back to pre-booking or allowing you to pick your times. What else is there to change?

Park reservations aren't really going away. All they changed is when you buy your ticket you pick your park at the same time.

nickys

Premium Member
For Genie+ there really isn't much else to change. I don't see it going back to pre-booking or allowing you to pick your times. What else is there to change?

Park reservations aren't really going away. All they changed is when you buy your ticket you pick your park at the same time.
That’s only true of single park tickets. Other changes have been been outlined by more than one source on here.

Further changes to G+ have been hinted at by someone many here (including me) trust, revisiting some of the initial thinking around it.

mysto

It isn’t 2023 yet. 😉

I think further changes are coming around both park reservations and Genie+
I went to an analytics conference recently and someone from Disney was there. The current system was described as causing "friction". They are using analytics to hopefully drive changes that will reduce that friction. It may take some time to match up the statistics with proposed changes and decide on an approach. It may also require more than one try, after each change collect more data and see how it goes. No mention of any of the scorched earth destroy genie proposals you hear around here.

Jrb1979

That’s only true of single park tickets. Other changes have been been outlined by more than one source on here.

Further changes to G+ have been hinted at by someone many here (including me) trust, revisiting some of the initial thinking around it.
I know they have been hinted at but I don't see what they really can change without going back to FP+.

As far as park tickets go, the rumor for multi day tickets is you would have to pick your first park.

Patcheslee

Pre-purchase Genie+ 30 days with the ability to pick which days maybe vs automatically length of ticket?

Jrb1979

Is it too complicated yet?
I just don't get it. They continue to make things more complicated then it needs to be. They need to stop trying to be different then every other park out there. They may be tops in theming but at the end of the day it's still A THEME PARK.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just don't get it. They continue to make things more complicated then it needs to be. They need to stop trying to be different then every other park out there. They may be tops in theming but at the end of the day it's still A THEME PARK.
Well…if I had to describe the problem…I’d say…
Without enough capacity to spread out the guests who come through the gate
This.

This is the problem.

It’s a numbers game and they have lost it. Because they have no flexible capacity that can move people around to ease the seat demand.

They had it once…then this yutz came to town:

1671503637708.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom