Disney free dining question

jimmyritt33

Original Poster
My mom is joining us for 4 days of our 10 day trip. In order to get the free dining package she needed to be on the reservations for the full time that we are going. My question is can I use her meal plan for the other 6 days she will not be there? How do they track your meals?

Lucky

My mom is joining us for 4 days of our 10 day trip. In order to get the free dining package she needed to be on the reservations for the full time that we are going. My question is can I use her meal plan for the other 6 days she will not be there? How do they track your meals?
Answer #1: WDW has no way to prevent you from using her credits on extra TS meals.

Answer #2: See rules in DDP brochure, and see your own signature line.

CleveRocks

Answer #1: WDW has no way to prevent you from using her credits on extra TS meals.

Excellent answers ... except that I'd expand #1 to also include CS credits and snack credits.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah weather you go with 2 people or 8 if your all in the same room they will just ask for 1 card because the meal credits are based on the room, not the individual. When you use a credit and get your reciepts it will show you total credits left for the room, not you personally. Even if she is in another room as long as you have her card or someone from that rooms card you will be able to use it no questions asked.

Rob562

Well, it's not *quite* a conscience thing... It sounds like they're paying for her to be there the entire time, and thus are entitled to those credits, but she won't actually BE there the entire time.

-Rob

jimmyritt33

Original Poster
I know Rob, I just figured that since we had to pay for the same package, we'd mine as well get our money's worth out of it.

Lucky

Well, it's not *quite* a conscience thing... It sounds like they're paying for her to be there the entire time, and thus are entitled to those credits, but she won't actually BE there the entire time.

-Rob
Remember this is free dining we're talking about, and they're getting credits for 6 days for someone who's not there. Maybe they're paying for her park tickets and for an extra adult in the room for those 6 days, so I can see how it might be morally defensible, but likely is technically not allowed.

jimmyritt33

Original Poster
I guess the thing I am now looking at is the fact that they keep track by the room. I would have a different opinon if they kept tabs by person. So if it's the 3 adults and our 1 child then I guess we could use the remaining credits on ourselves. I don't envision getting extra meals at the Royal Table, just picking up an extra snack here or there.

H20Babie

It can be done, but not the way you think.

On my last trip (solo), my mom decided to join me for the last few days. I was on a Magic Your Way + Dining package. She did not need to be on my package. This is how it went:

When I checked in, I informed the front desk that my mother would be joining me on XXX date for XXX days. I was able to arrange Magical Express service for her as well. When she checked in, they gave her her own room key and then added her tickets.

The only downside is that she could not go on the dining plan (as she was not in her own room for the length of her stay; she was in mine). She paid out of pocket for her meals (3 table service and whatever counter service we ate). BTW, my mom is not a big eater so if your mom is the same, it may okay).

Hope this helps, and it does give you another alternative to consider.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom