Disney Forum Fans VS Generic Disney Fans

Chicken Guy

T
You always have to have an ear to the ground to try new things. Walt did this. However, one thing Disney was normally good at was keeping the overall theme and atmosphere the same while trying new things. You still should keep plenty of things that worked in the past. Like when people want to modernize Frontierland or Fantasyland.......................I don't think they really "get" those lands.
Too bad they never ask to modernize Tomorrowland 😔

Ghost93

I don't think I quite fit into either camp. I have zero problems with more IPs being added to the parks. What I do have an issue with is IP being shoehorned into lands/areas where it does not fit. I can still enjoy a ride that's out of place but would prefer thematic consistency. For example, I like Frozen Ever After, but I think it should have been built in Magic Kingdom — not shoehorned into Epcot.

Likewise, I think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is a GREAT attraction, but it shouldn't have replaced the Great Movie Ride which is the heart of Hollywood Studios. MMRR would have been much more at home in fantasyland or a Toontown land. But despite being deeply saddened by the closure of the Great Movie Ride I can still appreciate the phenomenal technical achievements of MMRR.

As far as Wakanda, I would like the land to be built, but I don't know if it really fits in with ANIMAL Kingdom. Black Panther is T'challa's title...it's not really about actual panthers. I wouldn't be upset if it was built in Animal Kingdom (aesthetically, Wakanda would look better there than a Zootopia land would), but I think it would be much more fitting in a Marvel centric theme park or even a Hollywood Studios expansion (since that park seems to have abandoned the whole idea of showbusiness/movie magic and is now just a place where popular IPs go).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom