• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Fantasy dining questions

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Hey there, we are planning our first Disney Cruise for September (yay!) We want to do the 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy. This is the itinerary:
Day 1 Port Canaveral, Florida
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Cozumel, Mexico
Day 4 George Town, Grand Cayman
Day 5 Falmouth, Jamaica
Day 6 At Sea
Day 7 Disney Castaway Cay
Day 8 Port Canaveral, Florida

We want to do brunch at Palo and dinner at Remy. We are thinking about doing Palo brunch on Day 2 and Remy dinner on Day 6. What do you think about those choices? Is missing "Day 6 rotational dinner" a good choice or would I be better off doing that on Day 2? I don't know the "theme" nights and all that.

Also, can we choose our rotation schedule in advance? I would like to go to Animator's Palette and Enchanted Garden multiple nights for dinner but I would be okay replacing one of the Royal Court dinner nights with Remy. Thanks so much for all the help!!

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Advertisement
Palo brunch on Day 2 is perfect.

My suggestion for your Remy dinner is to do it on Pirate Night. On our last cruise, the pirate night menu was disappointing. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that your Pirate Night dinner is in the same restaurant that you were in the previous night. So you won't be missing out on any of the restaurants. The exact night for Pirate night should be marked on your planning page on the DCL website. Now this your first Disney cruise, so you may want to experience Pirate Night dinner, and nobody will fault you for that. But if it were me, as a Platinum cruiser, I would skip Pirate night dinner and go to Remy.

You will not know your dining rotation until you check in at the terminal. However, if you don't like the rotation that you get, you can request a change when you board the ship. The last few times we've sailed, they made crew members available in the D-Lounge right after lunch for dining changes and Palo/Remy reservations.

jaklgreen

Hi, you can not choose your dining rotation in advance. At best, you might be able to add a request but that is about it. At sea days are the busiest for brunch and fill up very very quickly by those who can book the soonest(concierge and Platinum castaway cay members). I would have a back up day for brunch. As far as dinner goes, you will get the standard dinner at Royal Court only the first time you eat there, within the first 3 nights. Then every night after that will have a theme and all 3 restaurants will serve basically the same menu.

jaklgreen

Palo brunch on Day 2 is perfect.

My suggestion for your Remy dinner is to do it on Pirate Night. On our last cruise, the pirate night menu was disappointing. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that your Pirate Night dinner is in the same restaurant that you were in the previous night. So you won't be missing out on any of the restaurants. The exact night for Pirate night should be marked on your planning page on the DCL website. Now this your first Disney cruise, so you may want to experience Pirate Night dinner, and nobody will fault you for that. But if it were me, as a Platinum cruiser, I would skip Pirate night dinner and go to Remy.

You will not know your dining rotation until you check in at the terminal. However, if you don't like the rotation that you get, you can request a change when you board the ship. The last few times we've sailed, they made crew members available in the D-Lounge right after lunch for dining changes and Palo/Remy reservations.
See now, we actually love pirate night. Love the jerk chicken!

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Wow, really good info. Thanks guys!
QUOTE="jaklgreen, post: 8517814, member: 84791"]As far as dinner goes, you will get the standard dinner at Royal Court only the first time you eat there, within the first 3 nights. Then every night after that will have a theme and all 3 restaurants will serve basically the same menu.[/QUOTE]
Really? I had no idea! So it's just a matter of setting and maybe dinner show for Animator's Palette? I'm just trying to figure out which restaurant and/or themed night to miss for Remy! I know I want to see both of the AP shows so I think it comes down to skipping EG or RC. I think I would be ok skipping RC over EG.

ChuckElias

See now, we actually love pirate night. Love the jerk chicken!
I like Pirate night, too. Especially when the kids were little. But I was very disappointed with the food (and menu choices) in April on the Dream.

I totally get why somebody would not want to skip it -- especially somebody like @WildernessLodge , who is taking a first cruise. But for me, personally, if I were going to skip one dinner on my next cruise, it would be Pirate night.

jaklgreen

That's because on 7-night itineraries, brunch is only offered on Sea Days, isn't it? Has that changed?
Yeah, think you are right. At sea days only for Palo brunch. OP, try to get either day and if you don't then on the day that you board the ship you can see if they have any availability left. They post in the Navigator where and when. Usually around 1pm at one of the restaurants. I have had luck with that.

jaklgreen

Wow, really good info. Thanks guys!
QUOTE="jaklgreen, post: 8517814, member: 84791"]As far as dinner goes, you will get the standard dinner at Royal Court only the first time you eat there, within the first 3 nights. Then every night after that will have a theme and all 3 restaurants will serve basically the same menu.
Really? I had no idea! So it's just a matter of setting and maybe dinner show for Animator's Palette? I'm just trying to figure out which restaurant and/or themed night to miss for Remy! I know I want to see both of the AP shows so I think it comes down to skipping EG or RC. I think I would be ok skipping RC over EG.[/QUOTE]

Go the the Disney Cruise line blog website and they have a list of all of the menus on what day. I would look to see which menu was the least appealing to you.

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Really? I had no idea! So it's just a matter of setting and maybe dinner show for Animator's Palette? I'm just trying to figure out which restaurant and/or themed night to miss for Remy! I know I want to see both of the AP shows so I think it comes down to skipping EG or RC. I think I would be ok skipping RC over EG.
Go the the Disney Cruise line blog website and they have a list of all of the menus on what day. I would look to see which menu was the least appealing to you.[/QUOTE]
That's a good idea, thank you!

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
You are welcome. You are going to love sailing on the Fantasy! My daughters and I are going this June for my oldest's HS graduation. This is our favorite ship so far. Can't wait for the new ones to come.
Oh cool! That's awesome to hear that this is your favorite ship - what makes it your favorite? My bf and I have never cruised and we wanted to get one of the newer ships. The restaurants look more interesting and the AquaDuck looks awesome! We were actually hoping to get the Dream but we didn't love the itineraries.

jaklgreen

Oh cool! That's awesome to hear that this is your favorite ship - what makes it your favorite? My bf and I have never cruised and we wanted to get one of the newer ships. The restaurants look more interesting and the AquaDuck looks awesome! We were actually hoping to get the Dream but we didn't love the itineraries.
Maybe because it is the week long cruise LOL. We like the size of it and how beautiful it is. Our rooms are always great and spotless(like all of the Disney cruise ships). This will be my 4th time on the Fantasy and my 9th Disney cruise. It is just starting to feel like home.

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Maybe because it is the week long cruise LOL. We like the size of it and how beautiful it is. Our rooms are always great and spotless(like all of the Disney cruise ships). This will be my 4th time on the Fantasy and my 9th Disney cruise. It is just starting to feel like home.
Oh wow!! You're an expert lol. I've been dreaming of one ever since 1998 and I'm SO excited that I'm finally able to go!! Any tips or suggestions for me?!

jaklgreen

Oh wow!! You're an expert lol. I've been dreaming of one ever since 1998 and I'm SO excited that I'm finally able to go!! Any tips or suggestions for me?!
Don't forget to relax. That is the best part of cruising, just sitting and relaxing. I usually load up my Nook and sit in the adult area and get some piece and quiet. The kids loved going to the kids clubs, of course this trip one will be an adult. We would spend some time doing some of the activities and the ship and have all of our meals together but we also spent some time just doing what we each wanted separately. We are really big into trying new foods and we would order a bunch of dishes to share. The cruises were where my girls got to try a lot of stuff that I would never get at home like seafood(we live in the midwest). I would also take them to do the things that I never got to do like swim with the dolphins, manta ray feedings, etc on the shore excursions. The stage shows are a must if you have never seen them either. Exploring the ship and looking at all of the magnets that people put up on the doors is a fun little activity. And don't forget the Mid Ship Detective Agency game.

WildernessLodge

Original Poster
Don't forget to relax. That is the best part of cruising, just sitting and relaxing. I usually load up my Nook and sit in the adult area and get some piece and quiet. The kids loved going to the kids clubs, of course this trip one will be an adult. We would spend some time doing some of the activities and the ship and have all of our meals together but we also spent some time just doing what we each wanted separately. We are really big into trying new foods and we would order a bunch of dishes to share. The cruises were where my girls got to try a lot of stuff that I would never get at home like seafood(we live in the midwest). I would also take them to do the things that I never got to do like swim with the dolphins, manta ray feedings, etc on the shore excursions. The stage shows are a must if you have never seen them either. Exploring the ship and looking at all of the magnets that people put up on the doors is a fun little activity. And don't forget the Mid Ship Detective Agency game.
You are getting me so PUMPED lol sounds so amazing!!

Yeah, think you are right. At sea days only for Palo brunch. OP, try to get either day and if you don't then on the day that you board the ship you can see if they have any availability left. They post in the Navigator where and when. Usually around 1pm at one of the restaurants. I have had luck with that.
We were actually able to change our Palo dinner to Palo brunch the day of our reservation, so it's always worth checking! And I also agree with skipping Pirate Night dinner, for what it's worth. :)

...also make sure you order Room Service once or twice (or more!). It was great to have the All Hands on Deck cheese and fruit tray in our room right after we boarded to munch on between Cabanas' lunch and our scheduled dinner. One thing I FORGOT to do was to order their 'Cake of the Day', which is different each day and the specific cake is not listed on the menu.

We leave next Saturday on the Fantasy for the 7-night Western Caribbean itinerary. :) This will be our 3rd cruise (2nd for most of our kids), and we're still learning all kinds of things. There's a cake of the day? Another thing I need to find out about now! :hilarious: Also didn't know you can switch up your dining rotation. Should we? Which restaurant should we try to eat at 3 times on a 7-night cruise? Does it matter? :eek:

Top Bottom