Disney Extra Hours Pass

cikacz1981

Original Poster
Just wondering if there are any shortcuts around the extra hours pass only for Disney hotel guests. I've been to Disney for the past 13 years and have always stayed in the park. Going for an unexpected trip next week and staying in downtown Disney. Do they always change the room card colors because I still have old ones from last year?

DisneyJoe

I believe you are asking how to cheat the system, and I believe that is against the forum rules.

Officially, you must have a VALID resort id that will be checked to receive a wristband to allow you to stay in the park for evening EMH, and they shouldn't allow you into morning EMH without a valid resort id.

maryszhi

they are always strict. and the last time i went back in march, you had to show your resort id before you went on the ride

loweyan

Some Locations of wristband distribution have even taken to swiping the magnetic strip for validation. So don't cheat the system, there are plenty of other great things to do than worry about 2 extra hours in one park or another. :) But enjoy your trip!

tigsmom

Just wondering if there are any shortcuts around the extra hours pass only for Disney hotel guests. I've been to Disney for the past 13 years and have always stayed in the park. Going for an unexpected trip next week and staying in downtown Disney. Do they always change the room card colors because I still have old ones from last year?

To answer your question, no there is no way around it. You must have a valid park ticket as well as a valid resort ID. Find something else to do with your extra time, there are plenty of things to choose from.

the-reason14

Well, it really depends. For the most part, I have only had about 3 or 4 occasions where the cm swiped my card. All the other many times, the cm just looked at it, and waved me through. Some looked hard, soom didnt look at the date and just the color, but it really all depends. So you could, but I wouldnt really try because it really isnt worth it imo. Emh at the water park is easier to do this, they barely looked at our room key at all.

PeoplemoverTTA

Are you staying at the Hilton in DTD? If so, I believe they are the only DTD hotel to participate in EMH (although that may have changed). If not, why not head over to BW or PI?

Personally, I usually conk out early and rarely make it through EMH :eek:. I am great with morning EMH, though.

PrincessBitty

The last few times we have been there, they have definitely been strict. You have to get the card checked (either swiped or they check the date) and then they have people stationed throughout the park to check for wristbands every time you pass them. They are pretty quick about getting non-resort guests out quickly since you can't travel any direction but out due to the wristband checkers on the walkways.

bluefaery

I believe you are asking how to cheat the system, and I believe that is against the forum rules.

Officially, you must have a VALID resort id that will be checked to receive a wristband to allow you to stay in the park for evening EMH, and they shouldn't allow you into morning EMH without a valid resort id.

When I was there in Feb no cm ever checked me for a vaild resort ID during EMH in the morning.

Erin_Akey

We have four kids and every time we use the EMH, they always check the date on all six cards. Once I left one card in my purse and they noticed i didnt have the sixth and my hubby had to get it from me before we could get the sixth wristband. It is written pretty bold on there and so it doesn't take a trained CM more than a quick glance to know if you are valid or not.

I do not think it would work at all.

redkoala245

Your card would have to be updated to whenever you are going. So you would have to change it. And you have to show resort ID in order to get a bracelet in order to stay for EMH. In the evening they have a time limit of how long the bracelet stand is going to open (I'm not sure about the morning). Otherwise they would make you leave. And the CMs for the ride want you to show them your bracelet.

Rob562

When I was there in Feb no cm ever checked me for a vaild resort ID during EMH in the morning.

If you're talking about the MK, sometimes at the start of morning EMH they aren't as rigorous about checking Resort IDs because at that time it's relatively difficult to *get* to the MK without being a Resort Guest. They hold day Guests back at the TTC for a while. If you drove your personal car there, they'd check for your Resort ID at the TTC before letting you onto the monorail.
Later, when they start letting Day Guests into the TTC, they get more strict about checking for Resort IDs before letting people into the park.

-Rob

krankenstein

If you're talking about the MK, sometimes at the start of morning EMH they aren't as rigorous about checking Resort IDs because at that time it's relatively difficult to *get* to the MK without being a Resort Guest. They hold day Guests back at the TTC for a while. If you drove your personal car there, they'd check for your Resort ID at the TTC before letting you onto the monorail.
Later, when they start letting Day Guests into the TTC, they get more strict about checking for Resort IDs before letting people into the park.

-Rob

I had the same experience as the poster you were referring to, but mine was at DHS. Just a little FYI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom