News Disney extending Walt Disney World Annual Pass duration by an additional month

donsullivan

Premium Member
This will be interesting to see play out. My current monthly payments AP will expire in August. I opted to just suspend payments because I didn't want the renewal to get pushed too close to Christmas. I just renewed it earlier this week for another year. The current language of this suggests that I would not be eligible for this additional month since the pass that would be eligible will have already expired in October when they add this. Oh the questions that will need to be sorted out.

AshaNeOmah

I wonder if there have been discussions to give out-of-state AP holders a multi-day Hopper ticket with a 2021 or 2022 expiration and just cancelling the rest of the pass. Possibly one day for each month left on your Pass, with a minimum of five days? That way, the multiple trip year won't have been wasted for those passholders. Only upon request, of course.

What would the downside be?

Kevin_W

I wonder if there have been discussions to give out-of-state AP holders a multi-day Hopper ticket with a 2021 or 2022 expiration and just cancelling the rest of the pass. Possibly one day for each month left on your Pass, with a minimum of five days? That way, the multiple trip year won't have been wasted for those passholders. Only upon request, of course.

What would the downside be?

That would be nice. We got the AP last summer right before the price break with the intent of a 4-day trip then plus an 8-day trip this summer (we threw in a few days at Christmas because that is the lure of the AP!). The "partial refund" would about cover the cost of a 2-day ticket, which doesn't get us back our 8-day trip we had planned.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This will be interesting to see play out. My current monthly payments AP will expire in August. I opted to just suspend payments because I didn't want the renewal to get pushed too close to Christmas. I just renewed it earlier this week for another year. The current language of this suggests that I would not be eligible for this additional month since the pass that would be eligible will have already expired in October when they add this. Oh the questions that will need to be sorted out.
Yeah I was wondering the same - it isn't clear.

ThatMouse

Cool! So Disney just did exactly what I was complaining about them not doing. We can now cancel our barely used Silver pass we paid in full and everyone else gets an extra month! Seems a lot more fair to me now!

The "partial refund" with cancellation is probably minus the down payment that monthly payers pay plus the months the pass it was active.

JohnD

So here's my predicament. My Silver pass which I pay monthly was supposed to expire October 11. I have a Pop Century reservation beginning October 19 (can’t do earlier because of work schedule) My credit card was credited for the March payment. I called and asked to have my card extended for the period of time the parks have been closed instead so that the extension would cover my trip. I was told the only way to do that was to back out the credit. I said, okay. So the credit has now been backed out.

But now park reservations begin June 22, payments do not resume until July 11, and the one month extension doesn't begin until October anyway. My card still shows an expiration date of October 11. I'm concerned I'll lose out on the opportunity to reserve my place for a park between June 22 and July 11 unless I'm guaranteed to reserve a place because I have a resort reservation.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Last edited:

Den Carter

Any thoughts or intel on whether this extra month would be pro-rated for people whose AP expired during the closure period? My pass has been extended for 49 days (Mar 15-May 5, my original expiry date). I wonder if I'll be eligible for a portion of an extra month? So many questions!!

pdude81

So confusing. Been on hold all day trying to ask about something like this and told no. But it's actually already happening. Just not in time for park reservations

BMP

what if our passes expired during the closure? Do we still get a 1 month extension and if yes, how does that work with an OCT notification data (my pass now expires in August... will get extended to Sept?

disneygeek90

I haven’t gotten an email about my stay, and I thought all reservations can’t be made until 60 days out. Is someone hearing differently?
I didn't read anything that said 60 days out for a park reservation. I do think that would be more fair if true, though.

Hcalvert

I didn't read anything that said 60 days out for a park reservation. I do think that would be more fair if true, though.
I think [insert correct gender pronoun] is getting that idea because Disney posted this information when they announced reopening and that park reservations would be required. Who knows if it is still something that is happening. 🤷‍♀️ If Disney does not put some type of time restrictions on it, the app will most definitely crash. 🤦‍♀️

lazyboy97o

The October thing makes no sense unless the plan is to not restart the clock until October. This is Disney, so they could be doing something stupid like giving people October for free or poorly communicating the details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom