Disney expanded 60 day rule??

Schweino

Original Poster
I was prepared to wake up at 4:40 am every day for the next 8 days to take advantage of booking our top choices on the first day available. Soon as 5 am Central hit, Disney allowed me to book up until 12-4? Didn't want to make the screenshot super small but on 12-4 we got Royal Table.

1601288588673.png

Schweino

Original Poster
Also with that said, I swore I read that Sci-Fi at Hollywood was open for reservations? Maybe I am mistaken but sad I could not get that on 12-3. Though I think I'm okay with Vine - we did that in August last year and the characters were already in their Halloween gear so it was a cool experience and think a holiday theme would be awesome :)

Schweino

Original Poster
Guests of Disney Resorts can make dining reservations at 60 days for every day of their trip. This has always been a perk of staying onsite.

Sci Fi is open but may already be sold out. Keep checking back for cancellations.
Yes, but 11-28 through 12-4 is beyond 60 days. 11-27 is the 60th day, so its curious how they allowed me to book after 11/27.

EDIT: Re-reading what you posted, I may of misread it. So on the 60th day away from my trip, I can book dining for the full trip?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes, but 11-28 through 12-4 is beyond 60 days. 11-27 is the 60th day, so its curious how they allowed me to book after 11/27.

EDIT: Re-reading what you posted, I may of misread it. So on the 60th day away from my trip, I can book dining for the full trip?
Yes since you are staying at a Disney Resort. Off property guests have to book one day at a time (unless their trip is less than 60 days out.)

Schweino

Original Poster
Yes since you are staying at a Disney Resort. Off property guests have to book one day at a time (unless their trip is less than 60 days out.)
Thanks Tuvalu! Sadly it looks like Sci-Fi is booked every day during our stay :( I think I will be okay getting all of our top choices except for that one. Be Our Guest and Royal Table were the must grabs for my wife and our honeymoon :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks Tuvalu! Sadly it looks like Sci-Fi is booked every day during our stay :(
Keep checking back.

I’ve had difficulty in the past with booking DHS restaurants in December. For whatever reason not all of them were “loaded” into the system at 60 days. Sci Fi was one, Mama Melrose another. I checked a couple weeks later and times were available. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You may also get lucky and find availability the night before you want to dine. People change their minds and cancel 24 hours in advance to avoid the no-show penalty, opening those ADRs for someone else.

Schweino

Original Poster
Keep checking back.

I’ve had difficulty in the past with booking DHS restaurants in December. For whatever reason not all of them were “loaded” into the system at 60 days. Sci Fi was one, Mama Melrose another. I checked a couple weeks later and times were available. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You may also get lucky and find availability the night before you want to dine. People change their minds and cancel 24 hours in advance to avoid the no-show penalty, opening those ADRs for someone else.
I shall. They actually had some 3:30/3:45 times available and that is just too early lol. We may just keep Vine to experience the characters instead of a cheesy sci-fi flick :)

JIMINYCR

Its always been more difficult to grab those ADR's during certain times of the year but now with the change of having the 60 day limit in place its going to be/ could be more challenging for some guests getting what they are hoping for.

Jon81uk

Its always been more difficult to grab those ADR's during certain times of the year but now with the change of having the 60 day limit in place its going to be/ could be more challenging for some guests getting what they are hoping for.

60 days shouldn’t make any difference, in fact it should make it easier to get reservations as people know their plans so everyone is on a level playing field.

What will make more of a difference is lower capacity due to distancing

JIMINYCR

If I'm at 180 days out I had more time with less competition for my ADR. When I'm at 60 that brings in a lot more guests competing for the same number of tables. There was a reason resort guests got 180 days, a better window of time than off site guests that got 60. Now the advantage of my booking a package onsite disappears doesnt it?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If I'm at 180 days out I had more time with less competition for my ADR. When I'm at 60 that brings in a lot more guests competing for the same number of tables. There was a reason resort guests got 180 days, a better window of time than off site guests that got 60. Now the advantage of my booking a package onsite disappears doesnt it?

The 180 day ADR window was open to all.

Schweino

Original Poster
The 180 day ADR window was open to all.
Yeah I think the 60 day rule and lower capacity at parks actually made getting reservations easier than the standard way. I just looked two seconds ago and Be Our Guest and Royal Table still have dinner spots. When we booked our trip last year, those were not available on the 180th day in the evening (which is why I got up at 4:30 am because I was not missing out).

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah I think the 60 day rule and lower capacity at parks actually made getting reservations easier than the standard way. I just looked two seconds ago and Be Our Guest and Royal Table still have dinner spots. When we booked our trip last year, those were not available on the 180th day in the evening (which is why I got up at 4:30 am because I was not missing out).
I think what’s made it easier is that there are very few people going right now.

I do think going forward that it might be somewhat harder to get what you want at 60 days though. At 180 days out, many regular visitors simply wouldn’t bother rushing to book ADRs. So those that took the trouble to do so probably had less competition. On the other hand what it did mean was a lot of double booking, where people booked a couple of places and then cancelled one later once FPs were booked and plans were firmed up.

By 60 days, most people will know their plans. There might be disappointment for more people, but the double reservations will be fewer.

Pros and cons then. One thing I do think will be impacted is the very high end reservations like V&As. Some people might have planned their special anniversary or birthday trip around a meal there. Knowing 6 months ahead whether you were successful gave people time to plan around it. Not knowing until 2 months before could be nerve wracking for someone planning a very special day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom