News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
I mean, if Disney wants to save money, they will bring back HEA after two or so years of DE.

DE uses the left and right adjacent launchers next to main one, so 3 total launches. I would assume this uses more resources and money in the long run. But who knows, Disney is unpredictable these days.

(they could also cut the extra launchers instead down the road, which would be a shame)

Parker in NYC

I mean, if Disney wants to save money, they will bring back HEA after two or so years of DE.

DE uses the left and right adjacent launchers next to main one, so 3 total launches. I would assume this uses more resources and money in the long run. But who knows, Disney is unpredictable these days.

(they could also cut the extra launchers instead down the road, which would be a shame)
I can’t imagine Chapek and Co. allowed this to go forward without being cost-effective. No matter how the show is configured.

ToTBellHop

As far as I know, they form a Mickey by launching 3 shells to form it, as opposed to a single shell like someone mentioned above.

They do that in their current firework show, Mickeys Mix Magic in the finale reprise.
Yes, and I believe it is because of the air launchers—they control the elevation of the explosion better.

wtyy21

So bad that they wouldn't include Mickey-shaped fireworks in the Disney Enchantment fireworks show designated for 50th anniversary of WDW. I believe disneyland using that shell since at least 2004 or 2005 (50th anniversary fireworks RDCT)

jrhwdw

I think the 3 Shell Mickey started with Believe Stars/Holiday in 2000. If there's another Mickey, IDK when that started. Wonder why MK hasn't attemped that trick in the current FITS, Wishes, now HEA?

FantasiaMickey2000

You are mistaken, but it's the internet's fault.

Disney said HEA was definitely ending. But they didn't say "permanently." But that was the blogosphere's takeaway.

Our insiders here have said there is a possibility for HEA to return. It depends. And no firm decision has been made yet.
I don’t think it’s the internet’s fault. In MDE, if you go to show times it says “Happily Ever After - Last Chance to See the Show.” I don’t think a reasonable person would interpret that as anything other than permanently ending. You wouldn’t say last chance to see the show if you planned on bringing it back.

gerarar

Premium Member
I think the 3 Shell Mickey started with Believe Stars/Holiday in 2000. If there's another Mickey, IDK when that started. Wonder why MK hasn't attemped that trick in the current FITS, Wishes, now HEA?
I always thought the 3 shells in “Reach Out and Find Your” was an attempt at a Mickey, but 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t work. Around 2018 they would use one larger shell and two smaller ones, so a Mickey seemed likely.
EB70CE9B-C047-4481-8CDB-4138B77A6CFC.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t think it’s the internet’s fault. In MDE, if you go to show times it says “Happily Ever After - Last Chance to See the Show.” I don’t think a reasonable person would interpret that as anything other than permanently ending. You wouldn’t say last chance to see the show if you planned on bringing it back.
You would if you were Disney. And you would know it if you followed Disney over the years. They are never precise in their marketing. Their marketing team is the worst. And it's not unknown for them to put out information that was blatantly untrue. The vloggers should have known better.

ToTBellHop

How many times did MSEP glow away forever?

FantasiaMickey2000

You would if you were Disney. And you would know it if you followed Disney over the years. They are never precise in their marketing. Their marketing team is the worst. And it's not unknown for them to put out information that was blatantly untrue. The vloggers should have known better.

How many times did MSEP glow away forever?
If there is anything that the last 2 years should have taught us is that this isn’t the same company as it was pre 2019. There is new leadership and new avenues of thought at the top now. Am I saying there is zero chance they bring it back? No. But why bring back an old show when they can announce a new show to advertise and bring in guests? After all, the 50th headliners are basically just 2 new nighttime spectaculars and ratatouille. You wouldn’t get that bringing back HEA. And I think there’s a big difference between a parade and nighttime spectacular. Have they ever brought back a nighttime spectacular after announcing it was gone for good?

ToTBellHop

If there is anything that the last 2 years should have taught us is that this isn’t the same company as it was pre 2019. There is new leadership and new avenues of thought at the top now. Am I saying there is zero chance they bring it back? No. But why bring back an old show when they can announce a new show to advertise and bring in guests? After all, the 50th headliners are basically just 2 new nighttime spectaculars and ratatouille. You wouldn’t get that bringing back HEA. And I think there’s a big difference between a parade and nighttime spectacular. Have they ever brought back a nighttime spectacular after announcing it was gone for good?
Then why are they excitedly announcing that they are bringing Nemo back with updates? A new show would bring in more guests, no?

FantasiaMickey2000

Then why are they excitedly announcing that they are bringing Nemo back with updates? A new show would bring in more guests, no?
Apples and oranges. It’s disingenuous to compare a nighttime show they have replaced to a vacant theater of which they already have costumes and likely some songs/story boards sitting ready to use. And I don’t consider a blog post advertising like they are with the new show. They never brought back Wishes or Fantasy in the Sky. There is no precedent in Orlando for changing the show and bringing back an old one. MSEP and Nemo were/are situations where they had/have physical show buildings, floats, and props built and sitting there doing nothing. Now if Enchantment flops that can be a different story.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Marketing has gotten worse during the pandemic. They laid a lot off, and it's clear they are understaffed. It's clear that department is not a high priority for the current powers that be.

The reason HEA might come back is because it was very well received by guests. So well received, WDW decided they didn't need an electric night parade.

Unless Enchantment has much higher audience scores, HEA is a good contender to come back after all the 50th stuff is done.

Also. Again... we have insiders who say it isn't permanently dead. They're more reliable than marketing.

ToTBellHop

Apples and oranges. It’s disingenuous to compare a nighttime show they have replaced to a vacant theater of which they already have costumes and likely some songs/story boards sitting ready to use. And I don’t consider a blog post advertising like they are with the new show. They never brought back Wishes or Fantasy in the Sky. There is no precedent in Orlando for changing the show and bringing back an old one. MSEP and Nemo were/are situations where they had/have physical show buildings, floats, and props built and sitting there doing nothing. Now if Enchantment flops that can be a different story.
You are creating a narrative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom