News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

brb1006

especially for disney where nostalgia is the biggest cash magnet in their arsenal

i wouldn't be surprised at all to see HEA return for a "limited time" in a few years
Ever since Walt Disney World's Summer Nighttastic! back in 2010, I'm having trouble trusting them using the term "limited time" after Main Street Electrical Parade (originally planned to only run for the Summer of 2010) was extended for a few more years.

VJ

Ever since Walt Disney World's Summer Nighttastic! back in 2010, I'm having trouble trusting them using the term "limited time" after Main Street Electrical Parade (originally planned to only run for the Summer of 2010) was extended for a few more years.
uh-huh, that too

TikibirdLand

Well, I'm looking forward to whatever Enchantment looks like. IMO, doing projection mapping down main street is a big plus; it should take some of the stress off the hub and allow for some interesting show elements. Maybe Main Street Electrical Parade using projection mapping from the castle down main street? Lots of other cool ideas when this becomes reality.

cslafferty

The biggest problem with HEA is the heavy reliance of castle projections. To get the most from the show, you have to watch it from the hub area, putting TONS of people in one spot. DE will have projections on the castle AND down Main St, dispersing the crowd a bit more. I think if HEA comes back after the 50th, it would need to be modified to project down MS as well.

TTA94

Well, I'm looking forward to whatever Enchantment looks like. IMO, doing projection mapping down main street is a big plus; it should take some of the stress off the hub and allow for some interesting show elements. Maybe SpectroMagic using projection mapping from the castle down main street? Lots of other cool ideas when this becomes reality.

Fixed that for you lol 🙂

Touchdown

I’m really hoping we get an “E ride in the sky” show like Remember. MK has never really had one before. The idea of an updated Pirates and HM segment excites me, as does a Frontierland portion where you could mash up BTMRR and CBJ. FL would be a way to put together a classic Disney medley with of course itsaw as well and finally as a fan of the Buzz vs Zurg portion of WOC I would also love that to be the climax. I think it would be extremely well received.

Last edited:

TTA94

I’m really hoping we get an “E ride in the sky” show like Remember. MK has never really had one before. The idea of an updated Pirates and HM segment excites me, as does a FL portion where you could mash up BTMRR and CBJ. FL would be a way to put together a classic Disney medley with of course itsaw as well and finally as a fan of the Buzz vs Zerg portion of WOC I would also love that to be the climax. I think it would be extremely well received.

I agree and that’s what I was hopeing for to. To me the name Enchantment and the description about the show doesn’t really indicate that will be the case unfortunately.

Touchdown

I agree and that’s what I was hopeing for to. To me the name Enchantment and the description about the show doesn’t really indicate that will be the case unfortunately.
I don’t know, I could invision the show being about how this Florida swamp was “enchanted” into becoming the Magic Kingdom.

Unbanshee

Where did Disney say that HEA was going away ""permanently"" and never coming back? From what I've read, the "permanently" designation was from bloggers interpreting a simple "ending."

"That means this summer is also your last chance to come out and catch the current fireworks shows before they sparkle into Disney history."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom