News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

dreday3

And Geppetto and Figaro continue on living inside Monstro fishing.

Maybe Figaro will host the new fireworks show - it can be set to the music from the opera Barber of Seville (Figaro!) and the fireworks can be set in time with the music. :D It would be chaos.

Now that would be a fun show.

TikibirdLand

I have been dying to see HEA every since it came out. I've watched it on YouTube a bunch of times. Finally booked a trip for March 2022 and now it won't even be there :(
I'm sure this one will be amazing too but HEA was so perfect in my opinion.
I saw HEA in 2017. It's more immersive than you can capture on video, IMO. Loved the projections on the castle (we were inside the outer circle near the fence). So much to look at; it was hard to take it all in. Definitely a multiple visit experience! Even my teen-agers were mesmerized by it.

I have high hopes for this new show. It should spread the crowds out down main street and -- hopefully -- overcome the crowding near the castle (and it was crowded!).

fgmnt

I was never able to really grasp if HEA was good because it was good or simply that I had low expectations and it succeeded them. I think HEA might have some obviously better production quality elements but narratively Wishes was much more memorable. Not too related but even if Harmonious comes out not being a disappointment, I don't think the company has the interest (regardless of capability) of telling a story as well as RoE did.

TTA94

A original song would be nice to but also something nostalgic. So far we haven’t heard of anything nostalgic happening for the 50th.

Disone

You know HEA has more “boom” than wishes.
HEA absolutely out fire powers Wishes in every sense. Even this 2021 version that we're seeing now which has significantly less Firepower is still significantly more than what Wished had to offer.

Enchantment has big shoes to fill when it comes to replacing HEA because by all accounts HEA been grossly more popular than Wishes. I know the wishes fans don't want to hear that but the ratings are in five years later in HEA is still extremely popular! Ridiculously more so than Wishes. And I kind of get it.

Originally Spectromagic did not do much for me. I had very high expectations and to be honest after watching it for the first time I immediately preferred / missed the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Overtime Spectromagic grew on me. I really came to enjoy it. Wishes with somewhat the opposite. When it first debuted in comparison to Fantasy in the sky fireworks, Wishes had it all and while I was slightly disappointed it followed to the Fantasmic storyline there was absolutely no doubt that it was vastly Superior to its predecessor.

But over time I felt Wishes had become very long in the tooth. There came to be a time where I was genuinely disinterested in the Wishes fireworks show. I remember watching it in the hub just wondering "is it over yet?"

Why is Jiminy Cricket narrating, scratch that, explaining to me what the next segment is about??? Why does each segment come to a distinct stop and then the show starts seemingly all over again. Why is Tinker Bell in the beginning and not part of the finale? She's a climactic moment that should be the finale.... The same critique I share with fantasy in the sky.

And above all from even the first time I saw Wishes, I genuinely liked it but my critique was still, OMG! they just followed the Fantasmic storyline all over again. How many times are we going to do this:(???

HEA takes a decisively different take on that and it makes it personal. You are in control of your own story. Reach out and fine YOUR, Happily. Ever. After.

I tear up thinking about it every single time. I connect to the show in a way I have not connected to a fireworks show in a very long time and this includes Disneyland's Remember dreams come true. And PS, DL was my original and still my emotional Home Park. In the Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom debate I am squarely team Disneyland. So for HEA to even be able to compete with something like Remember Dreams Come True, much less actually Edge it out, is remarkable.

Keeping it east coast...Prior to HEA it was an easy decision between Wishes and Illuminations ROE. Post HEA I found myself gravitating to the Magic Kingdom despite it being much more difficult to get to then just parking and walking into Epcot.

I honestly don't think Enchanted is going to be able to duplicate that. I think HEA is special... An unplanned secret success that Disney is going to have a hard time replacing. I look forward to the effort but my expectations are a little low.

Last edited:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
HEA absolutely out fire powers Wishes in every sense. Even this 2021 version that we're seeing now which has significantly less Firepower is still significantly more than what Wished had to offer.

Enchantment has big shoes to fill when it comes to replacing HEA because by all accounts HEA been grossly more popular than Wishes. I know the wishes fans don't want to hear that but the ratings are in five years later in HEA is still extremely popular! Ridiculously more so than Wishes. And I kind of get it.

Originally Spectromagic did not do much for me. I had very high expectations and to be honest after watching it for the first time I immediately preferred / missed the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Overtime Spectromagic grew on me. I really came to enjoy it. Wishes with somewhat the opposite. When it first debuted in comparison to Fantasy in the sky fireworks, Wishes had it all and while I was slightly disappointed it followed to the Fantasmic storyline there was absolutely no doubt that it was vastly Superior to its predecessor.

But over time I felt Wishes had become very long in the tooth. There came to be a time where I was genuinely disinterested in the Wishes fireworks show. I remember watching it in the hub just wondering "is it over yet?"

Why is Jiminy Cricket narrating, scratch that, explaining to me what the next segment is about??? Why does each segment come to a distinct stop and then the show starts seemingly all over again. Why is Tinker Bell in the beginning and not part of the finale? She's a climactic moment that should be the finale.... The same critique I share with fantasy in the sky.

And above all from even the first time I saw Wishes, I genuinely liked it but my critique was still, OMG! they just followed the Fantasmic storyline all over again. How many times are we going to do this:(???

HEA takes a decisively different take on that and it makes it personal. You are in control of your own story. Reach out and fine YOUR, Happily. Ever. After.

I tear up thinking about it every single time. I connect to the show in a way I have not connected to a fireworks show in a very long time and this includes Disneyland's Remember dreams come true. And PS, DL was my original and still my emotional Home Park. In the Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom debate I am squarely team Disneyland. So for HEA to even be able to compete with something like Remember Dreams Come True, much less actually Edge it out, is remarkable.

Keeping it east coast...Prior to HEA it was an easy decision between Wishes and Illuminations ROE. Post HEA I found myself gravitating to the Magic Kingdom despite it being much more difficult to get to then just parking and walking into Epcot.

I honestly don't think Enchanted is going to be able to duplicate that. I think HEA is special... An unplanned secret success that Disney is going to have a hard time replacing. I look forward to the effort but my expectations are a little low.
Totally agree...but for a point of interest, tinker bell was at the beginning because she lights the fireworks. Something to that effect...I can’t remember the reference as I don’t know Peter Pan all that well but that’s what my friend told me who is a super geek about this stuff. He was upset they moved her to the end as it gets rid of that idea, but it eventually grew on him.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I’m an entrepreneur and HEA came out when I was in the worst part of the journey of being one. So I really resonated with the story and lyrics. Funny how that happens for people. I think that’s why ppl get attached to shows. By contrast, I was like..meh when EF came out.
We will see what the next one brings. Big shoes to fill for sure.

Disone

I’m an entrepreneur and HEA came out when I was in the worst part of the journey of being one. So I really resonated with the story and lyrics. Funny how that happens for people. I think that’s why ppl get attached to shows. By contrast, I was like..meh when EF came out.
We will see what the next one brings. Big shoes to fill for sure.
100% true. FITS started with Something like....

There was a magical spirit named Tinkerbell, who sometimes still today will return to this Magic Kingdom. The legend is told to children of ages, that if you wish hard enough, that you too may catch a glimpse of tinkerbell who may fly high above Cinderella Castle as she lights tonights Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks. Spliting hairs here, but technically she few OUT OF the castle not high above it, so pershaps high above the Magic Kingdom would have been better? Regardless....

Wishes did away with that narrative and with a more subtle "the most Fantastic, magical things can happen and it all starts with a wish". I was fine with that. IMO better then the announce job of firework tech the previously gave Tink:)

Wishes was great. But it was time something new. I went to both the Last Wishes, and he first HEA. I warmed back up to Wishes on that last night. Experiencing it with a hint of the wonder I first had when I saw its debut performance so long ago. But it was a just a hint, still it was enough to make me wonder what HEA had in store. Against my better judgement, I actually had high expectations of HEA. And truthfully I feel HEA and Flight of Passage were that last two projects Disney exceeded my HIGH expectations on. For Rise I am not sure that I had HIGH expectations, or if Disney just met them. And for Railway my expectations were exceeded, but also were low. I do fear Harmonious, mostly because even though I am expecting a HEA 2.0 and something that honestly may not be a best fit for Epcot, I do have high expectations of Harmonious.

Disney Analyst

100% true. FITS started with Something like....

There was a magical spirit named Tinkerbell, who sometimes still today will return to this Magic Kingdom. The legend is told to children of ages, that if you wish hard enough, that you too may catch a glimpse of tinkerbell who may fly high above Cinderella Castle as she lights tonights Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks. Spliting hairs here, but technically she few OUT OF the castle not high above it, so pershaps high above the Magic Kingdom would have been better? Regardless....

Wishes did away with that narrative and with a more subtle "the most Fantastic, magical things can happen and it all starts with a wish". I was fine with that. IMO better then the announce job of firework tech the previously gave Tink:)

Wishes was great. But it was time something new. I went to both the Last Wishes, and he first HEA. I warmed back up to Wishes on that last night. Experiencing it with a hint of the wonder I first had when I saw its debut performance so long ago. But it was a just a hint, still it was enough to make me wonder what HEA had in store. Against my better judgement, I actually had high expectations of HEA. And truthfully I feel HEA and Flight of Passage were that last two projects Disney exceeded my HIGH expectations on. For Rise I am not sure that I had HIGH expectations, or if Disney just met them. And for Railway my expectations were exceeded, but also were low. I do fear Harmonious, mostly because even though I am expecting a HEA 2.0 and something that honestly may not be a best fit for Epcot, I do have high expectations of Harmonious.

Something I really do love about HEA is the surprise of Tinkerbell as "You Can Fly" swells.

Such a magical moment. Great way to end the show.

Moka

God, I hope HEA makes a return.

My gut is telling me it will, but you never know. Though, super curious to see how this new 50th show will turn out. It would have to be... something out of this world for me to be okay with it taking the place of HEA for the next few years. It's just the waiting game until Oct. 1st for me.

Saving my trip for after Oct. 1st, too. So, I'm missing my last chance to see HEA. Please be good.

MorphinePrince

I always called Wishes "Snoozes" because after seeing it five or six times, it really became one of the most boring fireworks shows ever. I agree with you though, Enchantment has tremendously big shoes to fill. And frankly, based off this generic description of the premise, I don't think it will live up to HEA. I hope I'm wrong, though!

Jwhee

It’s hard to get excited for these things anymore. Most of these new ones are so similar.

The level of disappointment I had when I went to SHDL and realized the show was the exact same as what I saw in Paris.

jklakeview

I always called Wishes "Snoozes" because after seeing it five or six times, it really became one of the most boring fireworks shows ever. I agree with you though, Enchantment has tremendously big shoes to fill. And frankly, based off this generic description of the premise, I don't think it will live up to HEA. I hope I'm wrong, though!
I liked both but in different ways. HEA is a great way to bring together so many elements of Disney movies but it's a lot to focus on. It's a fun, exciting firework show geared to keep children and adults excited. The villain portion of the show is incredible and dramatic. With that said, nothing compares to the feeling Wishes gave me when I would watch it. It was a romantic, loving feeling that made you appreciate who you were spending that moment with. It always made me feel like hoping that my kids would remember that moment with me forever. It also made me hold my hands with my wife, put my arm around her, and hold her just a little closer and tighter than I already do. The only other part of Disney that ever made me feel that way was the end of Illuminations. From the time "We Go On" would play, through sitting there after the fireworks finished, staring out at the water, letting the chaos of the park filter out, I would just sit there lost in the moment. I would think about my deceased father and my one family trip to Disney when I was a child, I would look at my wife and just fall in love a little more, and I would look at my 2 crazy boys and thank God for the time I've had with them. IMO this is what Disney has lost over the years. It's still fun, but simply has lost those deep, emotional moments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom