News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Joel

Spoiler alert: It is Wishes that has the truly incomprehensible storyline in which song selections exists barely in the same planet as Jiminy's non-sequitur of a narrative.
The moral of Wishes is literally: "Dude, just keep hoping for whatever you want in life and, uh, somehow it'll magically happen!" As teenagers and young adults, we millennials took that advice seriously and as a result have been called lazy and worthless ever since!

You hear that, you Wishes-loving boomers? Everything sucks now because you told us to trust Jiminy Cricket!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrb1979

The little I have heard about this show is that it will by and large feel very much like the original HEA. Disney PR is just completely overthinking the messaging to avoid any negative association regarding DE.

You should also know that the decision to return HEA was actually quite difficult for them. The fact that they did it means the DE numbers were probably even worse than you imagine.
I have to laugh. They care about GSAT for a night time show yet don't for Genie+ or the lack of capacity in the parks.

Disone

Yeah people pine for HEA like it was Wishes. It wasn't.

Spoiler alert: HEA and DE are both incoherent clip-show mashups without any semblance of narrative momentum or cohesive story. One of them just has a synthesized pop-rock theme song that people like better than the other one's synthesized pop-rock theme song. I'm sick of pretending like HEA was some kind of triumph of creativity and imagination.
Ehhhh. Wishes was okay when it first came out but it got long in the tooth and lasted too long. I went to its final performance and Wishes couldn't even put a lump in my throat not chill down my spine.

It basically followed the Fantasmic storyline that something goes wrong blah blah blah

It came to an absolute halt way too many time Between each segment and then Jiminy cricket would explain to you what you were about to see next.

Spoiler alert: wishes was nothing more than a audio clip show that completely lacked flow from one segment to the next.

The only reason why it was successful is because it was so much longer and had so much more pyro than the previous fantasy in the sky.

If it came out new today, people would be bored to tears by it.

It had its day in the sun. But that day is done.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mufasa (JEJ) and Hercules has to stay.

I think Moana part is the one that gets whacked, she will be in Epcot and AK.
If you're referring to JoW, that is not sufficient for a musical that's getting more views on D+ than Frozen. It'll be either in HEA or the 100th Anniversary show, or both.

She's not in AK yet. And if she does show up there, knowing Disney, it will be for its 105th Anniversary.

Disone

If you're referring to JoW, that is not sufficient for a musical that's getting more views on D+ than Frozen. It'll be either in HEA or the 100th Anniversary show, or both.

She's not in AK yet. And if she does show up there, knowing Disney, it will be for its 105th Anniversary.
105th? I feel like you're being optimistic 🙂

hismattjesty

Just give us the cast member appreciation show: Longer Fantasy in the Sky/Wishes!/Happily Ever After segments, shorter Enchantment segment, and new non-cast specific narration.

This will probably go over like a lead balloon, so I'll see myself out..............

ToTBellHop

Just give us the cast member appreciation show: Longer Fantasy in the Sky/Wishes!/Happily Ever After segments, shorter Enchantment segment, and new non-cast specific narration.

This will probably go over like a lead balloon, so I'll see myself out..............
That would have been fine for the 50th but doesn’t work as a permanent show.

Disney Glimpses

Regarding Happily Ever After: they aren't going crazy on changes to the show. It's even possible they don't change it at all.

Edit: I should clarify, when I say "don't change it at all" I mean the storyboard/music. I do think there's a wildcard out there on projections, lights, etc. The show will be updated but don't expect this day and night difference.

Last edited:

Disone

Regarding Happily Ever After: they aren't going crazy on changes to the show. It's even possible they don't change it at all.

Edit: I should clarify, when I say "don't change it at all" I mean the storyboard/music. I do think there's a wildcard out there on projections, lights, etc. The show will be updated but don't expect this day and night difference.
Good because I wanted the show Happily Ever After. I know the last version of Remembered Dreams Come True that played was a little bit shorter than the original version but for the most part it was still RDCT.

Same can happen for HEA, I don't mind a tweak here and there but I want the actual show and not just the anthem.

I'm just greedy like that🙂. Don't give me a " taste of happily ever after",

Give me Happily Ever After.

trainplane3

So the things everyone wanted updated/adjusted then. Main Street projections seem like a no brainer as long as they aren't the low resolution crap we have right now.

TheMaxRebo

I would think at a minimum they would add the Main St Projections

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom