News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was there this past Sunday and can confirm the finale was back to pre-April 21st pyro, though the Mickey fireworks were still intact. First time seeing Enchantment in the park. Pretty much mirror what’s been said before; it is a better show in person, but definitely inferior to HEA. There are great moments throughout, but it lacks the thematic through line to tie it all together. And without a clear story, which Wishes and HEA do so well, it’s hard to really connect to the show. It’s quite the spectacle to behold, but doesn’t linger with you once it’s over. On the bright side, I look forward to the short wait times during the fireworks the next time I’m at the park lol.
I always took it as a modern Fantasy in the Sky, that show never really had a story either

Touchdown

FYI Disney this is how you wow your audience with a 50th show:

That’s Kings Island’s 50th show, complete with fireworks, fountains and drones. It celebrates the park history and is a gigantic upgrade from their previous show tripling in length (old shoe linked below.). It’s a shame Enchantment was a mild downgrade from the previous show. KI also retracked it’s signature ride (the beast) which significantly improved the ride and put a brand new paint job on its other older wooden coaster the racer. They have three themed shows during the day celebrating the park history and a block party every night too. They also still have banners and special food options.

jrhwdw

Right now Disneyland paris has a parade/dance party with about 452 characters in it that runs 5 times a day and a drone show for their 30th. But we get festival of fantasy lite and the 6flags version of HEA...
I like Mix Magic the least and that's' s better than Six Flags.......so Enchantment is way Better!!!!!!!!

Why should HEA return anyway???????????? It can't turn back time, and if MK changes any of it, this site will hate the whole Show!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoFloMagic

Why should HEA return anyway???????????? It can't turn back time, and if MK changes any of it, this site will hate the whole Show!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have three reasons - pick your fave...

1-to end enchantment's reign of terror on the magic kingdom.

2-Because HEA is a better version of enchantment (I don't imagine this is a controversial statement, even amung enchantment fans). And "happily ever after" is a better slogan than "you are the magic", which is slightly condescending to hear from a company that millions of people pay thousands of dollars to in order to experience said magic.

3-they seem to be in cost saving mode and they'll have to re-animate enchantment when they take those swirls off the turrets... So why not just plop back in the show that matches the non-50th castle? Especially if it's more popular? And doesn't use multiple fireworks launch sites?

If they're feeling frisky they can add in a 100 year anniversary tag at the end. And once upon a time.

bcoachable

Right now Disneyland paris has a parade/dance party with about 452 characters in it that runs 5 times a day and a drone show for their 30th. But we get festival of fantasy lite and the 6flags version of HEA...
But they didn’t have to deal with Covid hurting the workforce situation that Central Florida did- so they have plenty of workers to ramp things up to full blast- oh wait….

solidyne

FYI Disney this is how you wow your audience with a 50th show:

That’s Kings Island’s 50th show, complete with fireworks, fountains and drones. It celebrates the park history and is a gigantic upgrade from their previous show tripling in length (old shoe linked below.). It’s a shame Enchantment was a mild downgrade from the previous show. KI also retracked it’s signature ride (the beast) which significantly improved the ride and put a brand new paint job on its other older wooden coaster the racer. They have three themed shows during the day celebrating the park history and a block party every night too. They also still have banners and special food options.

Wow. Incredible show. The first song is way better than WDW's, too. They actually refer to the park ("Our KI") in the celebratory song. Imagine that! I haven't heard WDW sing about WDW since the "Disney World, Disney World, Walt Disney World" song on "channel 1" on the old Contemporary Resort TVs! Now we settle for songs about "dreaming," "magic," etc. Our 50th has no tributes, no thanks to the guests, no respect for the park itself, really.

Imagine a song called, say, "Our World" that revisits key historic moments, talks about different generations of visitors, and actually is about WDW!

Bonus points to KI for the reference to the Brady Bunch episode "Cincinnati Kids"(though the song was from a different one).

ladybat2

I only saw it once in 2008 and it was an experience I’ll never forget!!
I think you can still hear the fantastic music for it on Youtube. I last saw it in 1993. My little girl (grown with kids of her own now) screamed Arial's name so loud she could barely talk the next day. I've never seen any thing since that tops it. Though Disney has given us fantastic shows since but for me that was the tops. Epcot back then was way better than now too. In latter years they went in and chopped up the best rides and shortened and cheapened them. Took out the ones that had Walt's style built into them and put in ones like Test Track (which I hate). I wish every one could have experienced Epcot back in its early years. Truly mind blowing for its time. Nothing else like it. Though it was not exactly what Walt's wild and fantastic imagination dreamed up for it I think he would have been very proud of it anyway. Now? Not so much.

Touchdown

Wow. Incredible show. The first song is way better than WDW's, too. They actually refer to the park ("Our KI") in the celebratory song. Imagine that! I haven't heard WDW sing about WDW since the "Disney World, Disney World, Walt Disney World" song on "channel 1" on the old Contemporary Resort TVs! Now we settle for songs about "dreaming," "magic," etc. Our 50th has no tributes, no thanks to the guests, no respect for the park itself, really.

Imagine a song called, say, "Our World" that revisits key historic moments, talks about different generations of visitors, and actually is about WDW!

Bonus points to KI for the reference to the Brady Bunch episode "Cincinnati Kids"(though the song was from a different one).
They have assembled a really great team at that park, as an example (and I’m sure someone who contributed to this) the head of the PR department is Don Helbig. Before pursuing a career path in Public Relations (and holding jobs outside the park this local was a major fan, he’s actually the world record holder for the most rides on the parks oldest coaster, The Racer (over 12,000 rides.) Most of the executives are homegrown and have a similar attachment to the park, ever since that park was sold to Cedar Fair it’s just gotten better and better every year.

matt9112

But they didn’t have to deal with Covid hurting the workforce situation that Central Florida did- so they have plenty of workers to ramp things up to full blast- oh wait….

Yeah your right the multi billion dollar company has no means to attract talent from elsewhere. There’s nothing they might have billions of that often convinces talent to move and or relocate.

SoFloMagic

If anyone miss HEA hoping the return, Momentous is basically a sequel and successor of the show, albelt without high pyro at HKDL previously seen at Disney in the Stars.

Its a pretty impressive piece of storytelling. Tells a Disney story while also being rooted in Chinese values. Remember me was heartbreaking when put together with the original song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom