News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

I rather guessing MSEP return to WDW in lieu of DE when they didn't respond to guest suggesting return of HEA.
Disney is never going to immediately respond to knee jerk guest suggestions. Heck, perception of Disney Enchantment is improving day by day just as many on this board predicted. That being said, I think most agree objectively, as far as projection shows go, that HEA is a superior show. It would be highly unlikely for that show to not return again. But for now, guests do still want to see Disney Enchantment as it is a new show and new shows sell.

wtyy21

Disney is never going to immediately respond to knee jerk guest suggestions. Heck, perception of Disney Enchantment is improving day by day just as many on this board predicted. That being said, I think most agree objectively, as far as projection shows go, that HEA is a superior show. It would be highly unlikely for that show to not return again. But for now, guests do still want to see Disney Enchantment as it is a new show and new shows sell.
As time goes, i believe they will like more Disney Enchantment, especially projection effects on Main Street which were never seen at previous shows.

I would like to see how MSUSA projection utilized in Minnie's Christmas fireworks.

ToTBellHop

As time goes, i believe they will like more Disney Enchantment, especially projection effects on Main Street which were never seen at previous shows.

I would like to see how MSUSA projection utilized in Minnie's Christmas fireworks.
Maybe they can just upgrade the projections…it’s not difficult to do at all.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just an observation from the last few nights, but it looks like they finally ran out of Heart of Te Fiti/Moana swirl fireworks — which were leftovers from HEA’s run. I doubt they’re gonna return.

Some custom shape fireworks at least still present are the cubes/boxes, smiley faces, and the “Mulan” shell from HEA, now used in Night on Bald Mountain segment.

ToTBellHop

Just an observation from the last few nights, but it looks like they finally ran out of Heart of Te Fiti/Moana swirl fireworks — which were leftovers from HEA’s run. I doubt they’re gonna return.

Some custom shape fireworks at least still present are the cubes/boxes, smiley faces, and the “Mulan” shell from HEA, now used in Night on Bald Mountain segment.
Let’s hope they get new custom fireworks…

TTA94

Any insiders know why Main Street did not get search lights? Where they ever in the plans? Or could they still be added at some point? Sounds like Paris got them and will be getting MS projections as well.

Squishy

Don't know if it was the fog or if it's a new addition but the Hub spotlights were in the show, it looked close to Shanghai's new spotlight setup briefly in some scenes.

TTA94

Don't know if it was the fog or if it's a new addition but the Hub spotlights were in the show, it looked close to Shanghai's new spotlight setup briefly in some scenes.

I love Shanghai’s lighting package. And the show in general is a lot better than Enchantment, well, the Marvel segment is debatable.

wtyy21

I love Shanghai’s lighting package. And the show in general is a lot better than Enchantment, well, the Marvel segment is debatable.
Expecting more lighting package at upcoming HKDL nighttime show "Cherish the Dreams" (where that nighttime show will involve more searchlights), as well as upcoming DLP 30th anniversary show (also expecting more lighting package). Two upcoming nighttime shows at their respective parks soon become more better than those at US parks.

gerarar

Premium Member
Seems like the effects were always there, it's just the air quality that really helped make them visible

also at 6:01:45 & 6:10:52

Good eye! That livestream you linked is a goldmine to watch all the FL spotlight choreography. One aspect of the shows that always gets overlooked imo!

Anyways, like you thought — those towers and lights were always there, but the usage of them was very minimal in past shows. I believe their main original purpose was for parades at night.

There are two towers on each side of the path at the end of Main Street leading to the Hub.
There are two types of spotlights on the towers, static and moving ones.
Here are the static ones lit up:
87E9EEC7-F1EB-456E-9C7C-CB097B7427F3.jpeg

Then here are the moving automated ones lit up:
7901C40D-0E6F-4964-8B3E-6697D95EE9EF.jpeg

DA4A236D-7AD3-435D-A769-CA826AF80994.png

I looked at some HEA videos, and they were only used in the villain segment to coincide with lightning strikes or explosions. The static LED spotlights were only ever used, never the moving ones.
F75332A7-7780-43AD-94F2-E018745E95FA.png

44F96837-3071-4559-BA7A-38D3415F3986.jpeg

White arrow points to static LEDS that are used in HEA. Blue arrow to pair of moving spotlights which remain off for entire show.

I also checked MWCF and those towers are never used, interesting enough.

Vegas Disney Fan

We watched it twice last week and the first night I found it very disappointing, it wasn’t bad but I felt it just lacked something. The second night I found it much more enjoyable but still think it lacked emotion.

It’s a good show but I really hope HEA is brought back at some point, that show just hit all the right notes, tugged at my emotions, and was about as perfect as could be.

I have the same thoughts towards Dream at DL, the other shows are fine but that one’s just incredible because it pulls at the heart.

Disney Glimpses

After watching Disney Enchantment several times in person, I have some finalish thoughts:
  • The intro is pretty good and has grown on me to the point where it excites me nearly as much as HEAs

• The pre-finale scene with Moana is really strong, not quite as strong as Go The Distance in HEA, but still great. However, it ends very abruptly with a bunch of stray fireworks and then silence which is incredibly jarring and quickly blunts any emotion built from the scene.

• The choir version of You Are The Magic is very good and invokes emotion. They should've gone straight into this choir version instead of replaying the studio version again before it. The projections in the finale are lackluster and the finale has the appearance of being phenomenal (based on the visible shell trails) but the shells themselves don't live up to expectations when they explode.

• As for everything in between the intro and pre-finale, HEA beats it by a mile. Too much of the show is based on 2010s era film that invokes no nostalgia or emotion. The projections are subpar as well, as heavily discussed in this thread. The Frozen section is the most compelling, but it is sloppily sung and I believe they could've done more with the projection in this scene.
Long story short, HEA was a more complete show from start to finish that felt like every detail was planned. DE feels like a show that was built by several different groups and pieced together (some groups good, some not so great). DE really isn't sufficient to run much longer than a couple years; certainly not longer than HEA ran for (3 years not counting the COVID closures).

All that being said, I'm not sure bringing back HEA is the answer; they kinda took the wind out of its sails by replacing it. My hope is that they create a show that blows away both HEA and DE and run it for 5 or more years. I do hope we see HEA in a nighttime event like a generic After Hours; I think guests would like that and it would be a nice selling point.

Obviously, the biggest mistake of all was developing a show that has absolutely nothing to do with the 50th anniversary and replacing an already immensely popular show that ran for a relatively short time.

Fin!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom