News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

wtyy21

They had fully cut castle pyro for Mix Magic, as that show was created during the castle refurb.

Halloween Screams still has full castle pyro/flamethrowers. As will Believe in Holiday Magic. Hopefully Disneyland will get a proper summer show again…
I know. However some of castle pyro were cut at the time and not so good as the original version, same as HEA this year but in more significant at DL since 2019. This has been noticeable at the Jungle Book segment for DLF (less castle pyro), Opening, Oogie Boogie, and closing segments for Halloween Screams (less castle pyro), and Believe in Holiday Magic (some segments see the significant part of castle pyro cut).

gerarar

Premium Member
@wtyy21 released a great detailed video comparing HEA when it first premiered in May 2017 and in its last few weeks in September 2021.

From this, we can conclude that HEA had roughly 788 fireworks when it debuted, which then fluctuated throughout the years, ultimately decreasing to its final count of about 644 in 2021.

Disney Enchantment only roughly had 682 fireworks when it debuted a couple weeks ago. This number will most likely fluctuate in the coming weeks/months as pyro changes, as we’ve already seen numerous shells replaced with horsetails (most notably in the finale).

Thus, in its prime, HEA always had more fireworks over DE — about 100 more, albeit the former show being ~3 minutes longer than DE.

Final counts:
HEA 2017: 788
HEA 2021: 644
DE 2021: 682

Videos/sources:

wtyy21

@wtyy21 released a great detailed video comparing HEA when it first premiered in May 2017 and in its last few weeks in September 2021.

From this, we can conclude that HEA had roughly 788 fireworks when it debuted, which then fluctuated throughout the years, ultimately decreasing to its final count of about 644 in 2021.

Disney Enchantment only roughly had 682 fireworks when it debuted a couple weeks ago. This number will most likely fluctuate in the coming weeks/months as pyro changes, as we’ve already seen numerous shells replaced with horsetails (most notably in the finale).

Thus, in its prime, HEA always had more fireworks over DE — about 100 more, albeit the former show being ~3 minutes longer than DE.

Final counts:
HEA 2017: 788
HEA 2021: 644
DE 2021: 682

Videos/sources:

It is actually the Great Marko who posting that video, not me. In addition, some castle pyro cuts was happened in the MK today, similar to Disneyland does since 2019 where some but more substanial castle pyro was cut in older fireworks show pre-Mix Magic. So, i would not surprised to see some castle pyro cut happened in NYE FitS, as well as Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime.

gerarar

Premium Member
Something really cool (and confusing) I also noticed about HEA in its final few months — they actually adjusted the projections, specifically characters/objects to avoid overlapping the 50th crest.

Here, they made the Genie’s lamp smaller.
9185A332-492D-4CC6-98B8-B49F245F5DAD.png

And in this, they moved glowing Hercules to the bottom.
764A583F-0C6B-424E-A48D-1F6AAFAC5143.png

Now, let’s look at DE’s projections. It doesn’t take into account the 50th crest and overlaps on top the various characters — Tiana, Miguel, Hercules, Moana, etc….
9D923B86-CE4D-4F4E-91BC-872AED9A0A5F.png

F4BE24DE-6F2A-47DA-9A49-F3791085A5F3.png

6E62C090-BAAF-4C6C-BB2A-A7B252FF5633.png

0638EA0B-7F7D-4FC8-8F25-6C9779FCB0BF.png

Hard to believe this is a simple oversight. If they adjusted the projections for HEA’s short return, surely they could’ve done similar for DE..

I think @disneyglimpses did a similar comparison earlier in the thread, so apologies if this is repetitive.

wtyy21

This is basically the same as how I would want the show to be

This was a show that supposed to be (pre-pandemic concept) for the 50th anniversary fireworks, showing Mickey, Walt and Roy footage, classic Disney films, and Walt Disney World attractions/shows with movies attached for that attractions, like Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland.

EDIT: It was possible to copying that TDL show for MK with fountains instead Main Street projections at the time, except that show supposed to be focused of four WDW parks and disney films and with big fireworks that TDL don't have. IMO, the modified "Let the Memories Begin" song would be fit for the 50th show than "You Are the Magic" despite the latter is better.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

I am still not convinced that they put all that effort into modifying Happily Every After's projections, lights and pyro to accommodate not only the 50th anniversary decorations but the new/modified infrastructure for Disney Enchantment for only 90 days.

Fully expecting to see this show return in early 2022.

wtyy21

I am still not convinced that they put all that effort into modifying Happily Every After's projections, lights and pyro to accommodate not only the 50th anniversary decorations but the new/modified infrastructure for Disney Enchantment for only 90 days.

Fully expecting to see this show return in early 2022.
Or maybe spring 2023, after the 50th celebration ends.

BaymaxFan

You weren’t kidding! They were literally running at 5fps or something, lol!

Here’s a livestream from tonight with timestamp embedded of when MS projections first come on. They were never fixed and remained this way to the end of the show.

Also been noticing the past couple days that some pyro is already being switched around. For example, lots of shells were switched to smaller horsetail shells and the finale has been scaled back. But this could of course be due to supply issues and such.

How is it even possible for them to scale back the finale? It was already short and disappointing

Animaniac93-98

I saw and heard bits and pieces in the park, but just now listened to the full soundtrack. I found the parks blog video and watched it.

The most obvious thing to me is that they wanted to mimic the style and feel of HEA as much as possible, without literally copying it. The problem with that is, by design, the imitation will never be as good as the real thing. The song selection and arrangements, just aren't as good. If they wanted to copy a show, they just should have done Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland.

Also, like many Disney nighttime shows of late, there's an obvious refusal to have much music outside of the animated catalog released between 1989 and now. There's a century's worth of Disney music to draw from. Not everything has to have "Under the Sea" and "Be Our Guest".

gerarar

Premium Member
The most obvious departure from DE to HEA is the music choices and executions. Where HEA had a mix of original and re-recorded/cover songs, DE is only re-recorded and cover songs.

Like Elsa should be the one singing ‘Into the Unknown’. The only one that sounds very close to the original is ‘We Know the Way’. The cover for ‘I Am Moana’ is fine, but having Moana’s grandma sing that first part will be similar to how Mufasa spoke Remember, who you are.. in HEA. Both moments come right after the villains segment, so it needs that hook to get the emotions going.

Just weird decisions all together with this show, songs were fine I guess, but the execution could’ve been a whole lot better.

Giss Neric

The most obvious departure from DE to HEA is the music choices and executions. Where HEA had a mix of original and re-recorded/cover songs, DE is only re-recorded and cover songs.

Like Elsa should be the one singing ‘Into the Unknown’. The only one that sounds very close to the original is ‘We Know the Way’. The cover for ‘I Am Moana’ is fine, but having Moana’s grandma sing that first part will be similar to how Mufasa spoke Remember, who you are.. in HEA. Both moments come right after the villains segment, so it needs that hook to get the emotions going.

Just weird decisions all together with this show, songs were fine I guess, but the execution could’ve been a whole lot better.
Heck, they should have used Show Yourself instead of Into the Unknown.

The one positive thing I thought was better than HEA was when before Tink's flight you can see the projection of Tink going around the castle all the way to the top then she lights up and flies. I think that was executed well.

gerarar

Premium Member
Heck, they should have used Show Yourself instead of Into the Unknown.

The one positive thing I thought was better than HEA was when before Tink's flight you can see the projection of Tink going around the castle all the way to the top then she lights up and flies. I think that was executed well.
I agree about Show Yourself — at least do a mashup between that and Into the Unknown like in Shangaii’s nighttime show.

And the same happens in HEA if you look closely, but it is more obvious/prominent in DE. In HEA, Tink flies around the castle turning it into the royal red color, section by section until she flies.

Sir_Cliff

Something really cool (and confusing) I also noticed about HEA in its final few months — they actually adjusted the projections, specifically characters/objects to avoid overlapping the 50th crest.

Here, they made the Genie’s lamp smaller.
View attachment 593157
And in this, they moved glowing Hercules to the bottom.
View attachment 593158

Now, let’s look at DE’s projections. It doesn’t take into account the 50th crest and overlaps on top the various characters — Tiana, Miguel, Hercules, Moana, etc….
View attachment 593159
View attachment 593160
View attachment 593161
View attachment 593162

Hard to believe this is a simple oversight. If they adjusted the projections for HEA’s short return, surely they could’ve done similar for DE..

I think @disneyglimpses did a similar comparison earlier in the thread, so apologies if this is repetitive.
This is one of those "what is going on at Disney?" things for me.

Within a few months, they showed the kind of care and attention to detail you would expect by modifying an existing show for the final few months of its run to accommodate the new decorations on the castle so it will look better for guests. Then they launch a brand new show designed to premiere with the new decorations on the castle and they don't show the same care and attention to detail, instead just ignoring the decorations and allowing the projections to remain awkwardly mapped over the castle.

Same company, same park, same type of show on the same castle, and at virtually the same time, yet two significantly different approaches to show quality.

jrhwdw

Oh Look! Enchantment is copyrighted now too!!!!!! Dang it TDO!!!!(if that's who doing it)You have better things to do then to go after Streamers!!! Like getting FOF back or actually solving MK's Night Parade Fiasco we've had since Oct 2016!!! Maybe we were better off with HEA/EF!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom