News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

ToTBellHop

We got very lucky flying in today (landed early and had fastest DME experience we’ve ever had) and got to see DE from our balcony at Bay Lake Tower. We all really enjoyed it, but we couldn’t see much in the way of projections. Great fireworks show, at least. I played the music perfectly synced because I’m me. We will see it in MK tomorrow.

mattpeto

We got very lucky flying in today (landed early and had fastest DME experience we’ve ever had) and got to see DE from our balcony at Bay Lake Tower. We all really enjoyed it, but we couldn’t see much in the way of projections. Great fireworks show, at least. I played the music perfectly synced because I’m me. We will see it in MK tomorrow.
Man I hate that we are losing DME, I’ll prob keep crying about it forever until the train is done in 2067.

culturenthrills

As someone who was at the debut of Happily Ever After and the public debut of Disney Enchantment on October 1st the audience reaction to both can't be more different. I had never seen an audience react the way they did to the segments of HEA that night. Loud cheering, people singing along with the songs especially during "How Far I'll Go". People were going nuts and then after the villians segment people were cheering so loud you could barely here Mufasa speak and then the set up to and Tinks flight people were going nuts. After the finale the ovation that show got was one of the longest I've ever seen after a fire works show. DE was a complete 180. A smattering of applause after some segments. The only thing that got any real applause was when the Main Street projections happened, after Into the Unknown and once people realized Tink was flying. The applause at the end was polite but no one was cheering or going nuts. The word of mouth on this show is going to be bad and already is. I am going to watch it a few more times but I doubt this will be a must do anymore like HEA was.

mattpeto

As someone who was at the debut of Happily Ever After and the public debut of Disney Enchantment on October 1st the audience reaction to both can't be more different. I had never seen an audience react the way they did to the segments of HEA that night. Loud cheering, people singing along with the songs especially during "How Far I'll Go". People were going nuts and then after the villians segment people were cheering so loud you could barely here Mufasa speak and then the set up to and Tinks flight people were going nuts. After the finale the ovation that show got was one of the longest I've ever seen after a fire works show. DE was a complete 180. A smattering of applause after some segments. The only thing that got any real applause was when the Main Street projections happened, after Into the Unknown and once people realized Tink was flying. The applause at the end was polite but no one was cheering or going nuts. The word of mouth on this show is going to be bad and already is. I am going to watch it a few more times but I doubt this will be a must do anymore like HEA was.

I think if Disney Enchantment followed up Wishes, it would have gotten similar buzz.

DE is a good show, it's just not HEA.

Purduevian

I'm really trying to avoid spoilers as I will be seeing the show soon. Where is the best place to watch Enchantment? I know there are projections on main street, but is it worth moving away from the castle for them? If so, how far down main street would people suggest?

gerarar

Premium Member
I'm really trying to avoid spoilers as I will be seeing the show soon. Where is the best place to watch Enchantment? I know there are projections on main street, but is it worth moving away from the castle for them? If so, how far down main street would people suggest?
Try to avoid places where there’s walkways/through-ways nearby. They’re very noisy from the people passing by to the CMs directing traffic.

Idk if it’s just me, but it seems harder to hear the soundtrack/narration in DE. So I would avoid noisy places as a must. (this comes from watching dozens and dozens of livestreams/videos, so my viewpoint depends on the video quality and such..)

Bocabear

Could it be that projections are just becoming the usual and not special anymore?
I saw the castle show at Shanghai Disneyland and found it almost unwatchable... 20 minutes of cartoon characters projected on the caste with a smattering of pyrotechnics...
Could have been my location which was off to the side, but after HEA and shows like it, it just now seems like "more of the same" and not truly special anymore. Also the new show doesn't seem to have a story or through line...just a lot of random film clips...Same thing I would say with the Harmonious show...Pretty, but ponderous...

Brian

Could it be that projections are just becoming the usual and not special anymore?
I saw the castle show at Shanghai Disneyland and found it almost unwatchable... 20 minutes of cartoon characters projected on the caste with a smattering of pyrotechnics...
Could have been my location which was off to the side, but after HEA and shows like it, it just now seems like "more of the same" and not truly special anymore. Also the new show doesn't seem to have a story or through line...just a lot of random film clips...Same thing I would say with the Harmonious show...Pretty, but ponderous...
I've always been of the opinion that projections should complement the show, not make the show. The latter seems to be the case more and more as new shows are introduced, although it's easy to see why.

Bocabear

I've always been of the opinion that projections should complement the show, not make the show. The latter seems to be the case more and more as new shows are introduced, although it's easy to see why.
That is the thing...to walk that fine line between overuse and effective entertainment...Seems like these new shows are just TV projects on buildings...more and more....

Disney Glimpses

I can't believe they did not add the fountains that Paris and the other castle parks now have...that would have added a fresh new element rather than more and more projectors.
The truth is, I think if we could peek into a world where COVID-19 does not exist, we'd be floored by how much they planned on doing and ended up not doing. The 50th is sadly a wash due to the pandemic. Obviously, much bigger problems re: pandemic than a theme park celebration, but for the purposes of this conversation, I think we're seeing 5-10% of what was planned.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I actually think that DE has *more* of a story and throughline than HEA - although I still think HEA is the better overall show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom