News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have a video that compares the amount of fireworks and castle pyro launched at HEA vs DE:

I think the original 2017 HEA has more castle pyro than 2021 version of HEA due to some castle pyro being cut at the MK, same as Disneyland which cut some but significant amount of castle pyro on their firework shows predate Mickey's Mix Magic since 2019 due to refreshed Sleeping Beauty castle. I would not surprised if some castle pyro will be cut in Minnie's wonderful Christmastime once the show returns, or maybe NYE Fantasy In the Sky.

I think at least some of that is supply issues.

Dan Deesnee

I think the optics of bringing an "old" show back are not something Disney will want to deal with.

HEA might return but it will be "Plussed! With all new songs and projections added in!" Aka, potentially ruined. I do like the idea of bringing it back for parties or after hours events.

Also Walt and Mickey walking through the castle at the end would have been pretty incredible.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think the optics of bringing an "old" show back are not something Disney will want to deal with.

HEA might return but it will be "Plussed! With all new songs and projections added in!" Aka, potentially ruined. I do like the idea of bringing it back for parties or after hours events.

Also Walt and Mickey walking through the castle at the end would have been pretty incredible.

I don't think they'll change the songs. They may add Main Street projections though.

Disney Glimpses

The final pyro cut to HEA this past summer wasn’t really a cut. The infrastructure changed for DE and the show was modified to be compatible with that. If you watch, DE you’ll notice that launchers and the quantity of those launchers that were used in HEA in its final performance are the same now.

Disney Glimpses

It would only be poor optics if they brought it back after a month or six months. If they return it after the anniversary, no one who matters will say boo. Sure our little community will know the truth but in reality guests will be happy to see their favorite show return.

gerarar

Premium Member
The final pyro cut to HEA this past summer wasn’t really a cut. The infrastructure changed for DE and the show was modified to be compatible with that. If you watch, DE you’ll notice that launchers and the quantity of those launchers that were used in HEA in its final performance are the same now.
If that’s the case, sad that the final bright white comets in the HEA finale were “discontinued” in its final few months.

But weren’t new launchers added to accommodate DE along the FL roofs? That was confirmed via aerials months ago.

Squishy

I was thinking they might do some maintenance and use the old rooftop launchers for Minnie's wonderful Christmastime fireworks.

Disney Glimpses

If that’s the case, sad that the final bright white comets in the HEA finale were “discontinued” in its final few months.

But weren’t new launchers added to accommodate DE along the FL roofs? That was confirmed via aerials months ago.
Launchers were added yes but many of the original launchers were modified to shoot on angles. It's why the finale only utilizes 3 on each side as opposed to 4 (which used to be 5). It's also why the star that's supposed to land above Tiana's scene overshot Cinderella Castle by a mile in the final showing 😂

JS514

This is sort of off-topic, do we have any news regarding the Dreamlights? I’ve just assumed that they are gone for good because that is what I’ve come to expect from Disney, however I haven’t seen any confirmation or rumors either way. I figured at least during the celebration due to the “ribbons” on the spires.

If there’s another thread with the answers, point me that way😊

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is sort of off-topic, do we have any news regarding the Dreamlights? I’ve just assumed that they are gone for good because that is what I’ve come to expect from Disney, however I haven’t seen any confirmation or rumors either way. I figured at least during the celebration due to the “ribbons” on the spires.

If there’s another thread with the answers, point me that way😊
They're gone for at least this year and next while the castle has the extra 50th decorations.

It's unknown if they'll come back. Hopefully, WDW has them safely stored away in some tent somewhere.

Touchdown

They're gone for at least this year and next while the castle has the extra 50th decorations.

It's unknown if they'll come back. Hopefully, WDW has them safely stored away in some tent somewhere.
Don’t forget, if they come back they will need to be repainted. The castle is pink and navy now, the white and royal blue strands won’t camouflage anymore.

Disney Glimpses

I don't think there was ever any indication that they intended to keep the castle rose gold longterm. Since they'll have to drain the moat again to remove the 50th decor, it's probably not much of an imposition to revert some of the paint at that time as well.
I believe it was quoted somewhere as the new permanent look. Or perhaps insider knowledge on here. I can't remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom