News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

JohnD

She added to it last night.
Since Disneyland has Walt & Mickey in their projections, she felt that WDW needed to add something for its own park history -

Have Roy and Minnie walk towards each other and then sit on their bench.
Walt and Mickey could look down at them smiling.
They could wave at each other.
Sounds like she has a future in imagineering.

matt9112

I watched the live stream on Thursday and saw it live last night.

While it’s not my favorite fireworks show ever, I will say that it plays MUCH better in person than it did on the live stream. I quite enjoyed it last night. It’s certainly not the disaster I thought it was after Thursday evening’s presentation.

My issue with the show remains that there’s no mention of Walt or even Mickey Mouse. I mean, come on.

Walt doesn't sell frozen II merchandise duh!

tallica

Does it? I didn't find that all too convincing. I get what they were going for but the Tink animation plays too fast compared to the slow going zipline'd Tink. The two effects might come together at the correct point in time but the Tink animation is far too fast and the zipline Tink too slow for them to be percieved as one and the same character. At least, it's that way for me.

If the Tink animation were slower against a more neutral background she'd "read" better visually. She gets lost in the rainbow pride pattern they put her against and the rapid animation doesn't help. I think that's why some people are questioning the blink and you miss it appearance. It's almost as if she just "appears" into existance. I don't think the visuals work at all personally.

As for the negativity... It's warranted. The projections are too busy and the fireworks too few. The pacing of the show plays too quick lessening any chance for guests to process the visuals on the castle in any meaningful way. Because of that there's a general lack of awe and appreciation. The pacing kills this show. The other issue is of course the subject matter. Wrong show for the 50th.
Well said.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Here's my prediction:

• Enchantment will continue to get GSAT ratings that show it's popular enough to keep around for the next 18 months, possibly a little beyond (I could see it going to Memorial Day, 2023). They tweak the show a little, but for the most part it stays unchanged, and because it's a good show, although not a great show like HEA.
  • Disney knows how popular HEA was; unlike Wishes, it has not aged to the point where it's obsolete for modern audiences - and will not be able to resist the marketing campaign that HEA is back - maybe plussed with Main Street Projections - Summer, 2023.

ToTBellHop

Here's my prediction:

• Enchantment will continue to get GSAT ratings that show it's popular enough to keep around for the next 18 months, possibly a little beyond (I could see it going to Memorial Day, 2023). They tweak the show a little, but for the most part it stays unchanged, and because it's a good show, although not a great show like HEA.
  • Disney knows how popular HEA was; unlike Wishes, it has not aged to the point where it's obsolete for modern audiences - and will not be able to resist the marketing campaign that HEA is back - maybe plussed with Main Street Projections - Summer, 2023.
I think this is rather likely. And, honestly, I could support this. If they came out and said “Enchantment is a Most-Magical Celebration on Earth-exclusive. See It while you can!” I think a lot of the complaints would go away. It feels more like a celebration-special than a permanent fixture. Update Harm at the same time to pull out the songs HEA uses and add some better scenes to Harm.

Let Angela be a boss for the full 18 months.

Last edited:

mattpeto

Here's my prediction:

I think what may hold back HEA from ever returning is simply ego.

Fireworks directors, executives won't want to bring back an old show they replaced unless they can put their stamp on it. I absolutely think if it returns, it will be modified. Main Street projections, add in a song (+Encanto) - seems like our only hope...

I have been touting the AH 50th party between January and August for some time now. But @disneyglimpses idea is best. Make HEA the fireworks show for those party nights. And while that's a great idea, it's probably just too close from "retirement" to return.

Disney Glimpses

I think what may hold back HEA from ever returning is simply ego.

Fireworks directors, executives won't want to bring back an old show they replaced unless they can put their stamp on it. I absolutely think if it returns, it will be modified. Main Street projections, add in a song (+Encanto) - seems like our only hope...

I have been touting the AH 50th party between January and August for some time now. But @disneyglimpses idea is best. Make HEA the fireworks show for those party nights. And while that's a great idea, it's probably just too close from "retirement" to return.
Happily Ever After Hours®

After Hours is going to continue after the holiday season. So unless we're suggesting they will continue without fireworks or another new show, to me it's pretty obvious they are going to monetize Happily Ever After this way. The alternative is generic After Hours returns without fireworks and they reduce the price (I don't see that happening).

That being said, @mattpeto they have brought back old shows in the past at both domestic parks; sometimes more than once. But you're right, their ego is a problem here.

But then again, all it takes is one advertisement that says "come see our limited run time show Disney Enchantment" and then the writing is on the wall.

TDLFan

Just talked to my friend who's a high up at one of the deluxe resorts, told them I didn't like Enchantment, their response, "Oh, no one likes it. The guests, cast, no one. It's all we're hearing lately." Said they were happy the fake announcement that HEA is coming back went viral. Also commented how the show feels like a slap in the face to WDW, it's fans and cast. Didn't hold back. Lol

wtyy21

I think this is rather likely. And, honestly, I could support this. If they came out and said “Enchantment is a Most-Magical Celebration on Earth-exclusive. See It while you can!” I think a lot of the complaints would go away. It feels more like a celebration-special than a permanent fixture. Update Harm at the same time to pull out the songs HEA uses and add some better scenes to Harm.

Let Angela be a boss for the full 18 months.
For me, Harmonious is the permanent replacement of ROE, not Enchantment that replaced HEA.

Disney Glimpses

Just talked to my friend who's a high up at one of the deluxe resorts, told them I didn't like Enchantment, their response, "Oh, no one likes it. The guests, cast, no one. It's all we're hearing lately." Said they were happy the fake announcement that HEA is coming back went viral. Also commented how the show feels like a slap in the face to WDW, it's fans and cast. Didn't hold back. Lol
They can word a survey any way they want, ultimately the unusually high volume of vocal complaints will reach the right people. And for sure leaders/managers/senior staff at the parks who just saw the show for the first time feel the same way.

Again, Enchantment is a fine show it's just not suitable to replace HEA. And that's where the dislike for the show is rooted. I would imagine if it were listed as temporary from the getgo, we'd all have much more positive things to say.

ToTBellHop

They can word a survey any way they want, ultimately the unusually high volume of vocal complaints will reach the right people. And for sure leaders/managers/senior staff at the parks who just saw the show for the first time feel the same way.

Again, Enchantment is a fine show it's just not suitable to replace HEA. And that's where the dislike for the show is rooted. I would imagine if it were listed as temporary from the getgo, we'd all have much more positive things to say.
Absolutely. We will see if they make that simple about-face. They don’t even have to state what will come in 2023. Just that DE is special for 18 months.

wtyy21

I have a video that compares the amount of fireworks and castle pyro launched at HEA vs DE:

I think the original 2017 HEA has more castle pyro than 2021 version of HEA due to some castle pyro being cut at the MK, same as Disneyland which cut some but significant amount of castle pyro on their firework shows predate Mickey's Mix Magic since 2019 due to refreshed Sleeping Beauty castle. I would not surprised if some castle pyro will be cut in Minnie's wonderful Christmastime once the show returns, or maybe NYE Fantasy In the Sky.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom