News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Vinnie Mac

True, but it may take a while before something surpasses HEA again. It's still a good show and I see nothing wrong with having it stick around for 18 months and then return with an upgraded HEA....

Enchantment definitely has a flow and purpose. Harmonious is a stretch in that regard.
Enchantment is good but I'd definitely prefer to watch HarmonioUS. Heck, HEA if I'm given the option.

gerarar

Premium Member
Honestly if they have pyro coming out of the spire (like in HEA), it’ll at least improve Tink’s reveal.
Also, I always wondered if they could one day attach pyro sparkles to Tink’s wand or maybe her wings; would make a fantastic visual.

MrPromey

Honestly if they have pyro coming out of the spire (like in HEA), it’ll at least improve Tink’s reveal.
Also, I always wondered if they could one day attach pyro sparkles to Tink’s wand or maybe her wings; would make a fantastic visual.

That seems like asking a lot of a live person to deal with on a nightly basis on top of zip-lining down from the castle while flailing around... but maybe if they replaced the live person with something like the jumping Spiderman in California Adventure...

That seems like asking a lot of a live person to deal with on a nightly basis on top of zip-lining down from the castle while flailing around... but maybe if they replaced the live person with something like the jumping Spiderman in California Adventure...
Even past that, it'd be flying over guests and that's a big no no risk wise.

MrPromey

It's not an unheard of thing in the entertainment world and work has been done to show it can be done safely and reliably. The stuff used for sparklers and for that effect isn't anywhere near as dangerous as the list of ingredients in a launched shell. There are also completely non-pyro options to create sparks/sparkles (think something similar to flint sparks) which stop as soon as they are turned off or lose power, that could be used, too, especially if it's done within a self-contained unit (the robot option) rather than a live person with hardware strapped to them.

Squishy

The main street projections really help the show, they seem to lower the brightness of them 2 minutes after turning on. Are they trying to not distract people from the castle?

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
True, I was just thinking about the sparklers used by Mickey in Fantasmic! and thought it would be cool if Tink had a similar effect.

The kites that had sparklers in Epcot Forever flew awfully close to guests overhead sometimes (when that was a thing preclosure lol). The one time I did see it, it was eye opening of how close it was, but amazing!!

SirLink

They aren't going to make decisions based on a bunch of Twitter comments and forum posts. I've heard that people in the park last night loved it. That's what they'll respond to.
Strange that a rep from the company at a recent London when asked directly about if the new entertainment was 'good' said enough with their body language

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

If they don't want to listen to comments don't get vloggers who have social media presence to then react like it was bad entertainment, even though 3 entertainment projects and 3 duds, and project to their audience.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Strange that a rep from the company at a recent London when asked directly about if the new entertainment was 'good' said enough with their body language

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

If they don't want to listen to comments don't get vloggers who have social media presence to then react like it was bad entertainment, even though 3 entertainment projects and 3 duds, and project to their audience.
I'd like to see more than an animated GIF

SirLink

I disagree that Enchantment is subpar.

The park is turning 50 years old and instead of celebrating adventureland, frontierland, et al. We get a clip show of Disney animation, also the clips projected onto the castle weren't even well animated reminds me of the Once Upon s Time projection in Tokyo without any through line to connect the various clips.

Like I have said if your PR can't even say if your new 50th entertainment is good or bad ... well you have a problem.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The park is turning 50 years old and instead of celebrating adventureland, frontierland, et al. We get a clip show of Disney animation, also the clips projected onto the castle weren't even well animated reminds me of the Once Upon s Time projection in Tokyo without any through line to connect the various clips.

Like I have said if your PR can't even say if your new 50th entertainment is good or bad ... well you have a problem.
I still haven't seen anything more than an animated GIF - source for where the parks PR couldnt say anything?

Also there is a very clear narrative throughline to Enchantment (as opposed to harmonious). Probably more of one than HEA, actually.

SirLink

I still haven't seen anything more than an animated GIF - source for where the parks PR couldnt say anything?

Also there is a very clear narrative throughline to Enchantment (as opposed to harmonious). Probably more of one than HEA, actually.
Well I attended the London PR event, asked by someone to be their guest. Also I didn't say they couldn't say anything. When asked PR shrugged their shoulders if the entertainment for 50th was good or bad. Typically at most other media events I've attended i.e. tech events/entertainment launches if that sort of question came up they would defend the product to the hilt.

They didn't at this one - that is all and nope I'm not going to post my credentials online before you ask.

Enchantment is sub par, there is no throughline. No strong narrator no strong idea of celebrating Adventureland, Liberty Squre, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland- you should demand more from the company. But when the parks should still be shut cos of the ongoing global pandemic hopefully this show won't last long.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well I attended the London PR event, asked by someone to be their guest. Also I didn't say they couldn't say anything. When asked PR shrugged their shoulders if the entertainment for 50th was good or bad. Typically at most other media events I've attended i.e. tech events/entertainment launches if that sort of question came up they would defend the product to the hilt.

They didn't at this one - that is all and nope I'm not going to post my credentials online before you ask.

Enchantment is sub par, there is no throughline. No strong narrator no strong idea of celebrating Adventureland, Liberty Squre, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland- you should demand more from the company. But when the parks should still be shut cos of the ongoing global pandemic hopefully this show won't last long.
Look you're just wrong about there being no throughline. It's been posted here already and it makes a lot of sense. You didn't get what you want, I get it. And the show has areas where it could be better (every shoe does). But to say its subpar and bad because it didn't cover the subjects you wanted (neither did the fireworks during the 25th, or any other WDW anniversary....) just strikes me as wrong. And that's the last I'll say on this topic, I'm out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom