News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Vinnie Mac

Streamers have to like it or at least not say there true feelings as that effects there Disney relationships
No? They don't. At least from what I notice.
Josh and Jenna were very honest about their feelings regarding Enchantment and they are the biggest Disney streaming channel available.

Vinnie Mac

Didn't they love it?
I wouldn't use the term love. They throughly enjoyed it but Josh made it absolutely clear that he did not believe Enchantment was better than HEA and he made fair criticism of the show. But yeah they did really enjoy it from what I heard/noticed.

I think a lot of people get loving something mixed up with just sucking up to Disney. If I were to share my opinion on HarmonioUS right now I'm sure SOMEONE would think I'm paid in some form by Disney.

Last edited:

kpilcher

Someone sent me that thinking it was real. For half a sec I thought it might be. Then I remembered Light Magic played a full summer season. I haven’t seen Enchantment yet, but I have seen Harm in person. as much as i hope Disney takes feedback into account and makes tweaks, it would be insanely out of character to knee jerk change after one public performance.

Vinnie Mac

Tim Tracker said the same. He liked it, but not as good as HEA nor as emotional.
Yeah. Idk if this is maybe because I didn't care about Enchantment as much and I didn't even know it was gonna be a thing until a few months ago but it certainly did not give me the same rush and excitement HarmonioUS did.

I predicted some time ago that Enchantment would be like Wishes in terms of pacing and it looks like I'm right. It ain't Wishes in quality or emotion but it is Wishes in terms of pacing.

There were certainly a couple of moments throughout the show where I felt my heart being tugged but the rest of the show did not have the same fun atmosphere HEA had or the emotional feeling Wishes did.

It's a good show. A great show even, but it could be better. I'll be seeing it in person later this month, maybe I'll like it better by then but so far I'd put HarmonioUS over Enchantment.

Vinnie Mac

Someone sent me that thinking it was real. For half a sec I thought it might be. Then I remembered Light Magic played a full summer season. I haven’t seen Enchantment yet, but I have seen Harm in person. as much as i hope Disney takes feedback into account and makes tweaks, it would be insanely out of character to knee jerk change after one public performance.
I don't see Enchantment changing anytime soon but I could definitely see Disney doing improvements to HarmonioUS though. Changes can always happen.

VJ

They aren't going to make decisions based on a bunch of Twitter comments and forum posts. I've heard that people in the park last night loved it. That's what they'll respond to.
after paying as much as they did, they better love it or they wasted all of it

that's the mindset, "don't complain because of how much money we spent to get here"

that's what disney is counting on

Sir_Cliff

In response to “it has no story”.

We set out on an adventure to find the magic of dreams come true (typical of MK shows).

Joe Gardner transports the park into “the zone” to then enter a variety of dream worlds in search of “the magic.” As is typical of MK shows, this involves entering a number of well-known fantasy worlds. Eventually, we move “Into the Unknown” and the villains are unleashed.

In the end, the heroes save the day and we discover the truth: “the Magic is you.”
Maybe they were going for this, but it sounds a little like the backstories cited for the Haunted Mansion over the years which mostly involved reverse engineering a story into the attraction. If this is the intention, I don't think it really comes across or is maybe just so thin a premise that it doesn't stand out. As someone who hasn't seen Soul, for example, I have no idea what people are talking about when they mention that sequence as being when we are transported into "the zone". I'd wager I am among the majority of guests in that respect.

The show doesn't necessarily need a story and I agree with those who find this more like an old school Fantasy in the Sky-style show that presents a selection of music and fireworks, now also with projections. To me this is also not Harmonious in that it I personally find it falls a bit flat rather than being bad as such. Some will love it and others will hate it, but I suspect the majority of guests who just expect a fireworks show with Disney music at the end of the day will mostly like it. Still, when the most successful of the big new nighttime spectaculars for the 50th is just "fine" there is an issue. Particularly when they are undertaking a blitz of increasing prices and stripping away benefits.

waltography

If Steve Davison were in charge for Disney Enchantment aside from HarmonioUS, the show's content will be vastly different than what we seen today. The "nighttime spectacular" still being named as "Disney Enchantment" but will more focus of past and present of Walt Disney World (including how Walt and Roy have a rule at WDW development) as the resort celebrating its 50th anniversary. The show will showcase many attractions and shows that either were or still existed at 4 WDW theme parks as well as classic and modern Disney films that are relevant to the attractions.
I actually don't know if this would be the case. If Harmonious, Disneyland Forever, and WoC: Celebrate! are any indication, it seems to me like he's losing his touch that made RDCT special. And even if he did still have it in him to create an RDCT for WDW, I doubt higher-ups would even dare allow him to at the expense of highlighting IPs.

wtyy21

I actually don't know if this would be the case. If Harmonious, Disneyland Forever, and WoC: Celebrate! are any indication, it seems to me like he's losing his touch that made RDCT special. And even if he did still have it in him to create an RDCT for WDW, I doubt higher-ups would even dare allow him to at the expense of highlighting IPs.
I believe Steve also were in charge Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland. But, i agree with you that the regular nighttime show produced by him post-RDCT lacked a special touch that RDCT and Wishes was (except original WOC or Disney Dreams) despite there are very good show due to technology that were utilized (Note for DLF and Harmonious). Even Celebrate! TDL contains much of highlighting IP such as Stitch and Toy Story, which makes them not as go as predecessors.

wtyy21

Completely understand this.

I do wish that they would bring Once Upon a Time back, just so people could enjoy a less popular, but more detailed show that would be a minimal expense on Disney's end.

They could even set it up before Enchantment like they old days before Wishes. Give people something to enjoy while they wait.
Do you know "Beacons of Magic"? It is the "temporary" replacement of Once Upon a Time i believe even only for one minute

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

Personal Opinion I really Believe that Enchantment will be replace in 2023 with a new spectacular to coincide with lots of celebrations like WDC 100th anniversary, Mickey mouse's birthday, And from around the world Like tokyo's 40th, fantasy Springs Grand opening, Hongkong new land, Zootopia in Shanghai and new avengers e-ticket in Anaheim, Maybe paris new areas but its still delayed so..... there's a lot going on in 2023.

I'm really really expecting that enchantment is a temporary band aid for the time being.
again for me the show lack Heart and soul of Disney and I stand on my opinion Its a clip show with generic music. Only good for 1 time viewing and thats it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom