News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

mikejs78

Premium Member
My nieces (4, 7, 11) their friends and older cousins (teenagers) went and saw it last night and they all adored it. Had parts of the new song stuck in their head and sang it for me when they called to tell me about. I had some things I wanted to see that aren’t in there. Then they called and they were so happy and realized it doesn’t matter because they love it and they’re Disney’s future. They are the reason Disney will have a 100th anniversary and for me as long as a new generation adores I can live without some nostalgia.
The show is certainly growing on me. The story makes sense and honestly, I think this is a show that doesn't necessarily translate well into Livestream because it's so experiential.

The show is certainly growing on me. The story makes sense and honestly, I think this is a show that doesn't necessarily translate well into Livestream because it's so experiential.
I am excited to see it. I wasn’t HEA’s biggest fan (unpopular opinion) the music was great but it was too busy. This looks like they toned that down a bit so I think I will like this one. But I really love my nieces love it. It’s magical to them and for that reason I tip my hat to Disney for giving magic to some little girls.

Rickcat96

I like the main song. Rest is not 50th, nothing to do with the history of WDW, but its fitting-because its geared to the one and done crowd, same for Harmonious. The folks here have a history of vested interest and see through this, while the Guests that come for first time will think its the greatest thing ever.

At least as a minimum, Epcot is getting some love, just not we thought.

JohnD

I kinda appreciated Enchantment more after several viewings but the one thing that irks me the most is that there was no build up to Tinkerbell's flight with the music. I feel like she was just inserted at the last minute for fan service but was not originally supposed to be included.
Did you watch the stream or see it in person last night? I agree she was just dropped in somewhere toward the beginning during the stream on 9/30. Last night, she flew closer to the end at a more thematic point. Someone got smart and found a better place for her in the show.

Did you watch the stream or see it in person last night? I agree she was just dropped in somewhere toward the beginning during the stream on 9/30. Last night, she flew closer to the end at a more thematic point. Someone got smart and found a better place for her in the show.
Tink flew at the same point in the show both nights. They didn’t change the show.

James Alucobond

Uh, did she really fly at a different point in the live stream? Wasn’t really paying attention, but I doubt they changed the animation that quickly. Immediately after the narration, Tinkerbell in wisp form flies all over the castle, follows a rainbow up to the top turret during the lyrics about flying, and then ziplines out in fairy form. If she actually flew at a different point earlier in the week, I can’t imagine it was intentional.

Disney Analyst

Uh, did she really fly at a different point in the live stream? Wasn’t really paying attention, but I doubt they changed the animation that quickly. Immediately after the narration, Tinkerbell in wisp form flies all over the castle, follows a rainbow up to the top turret during the lyrics about flying, and then ziplines out in fairy form. If she actually flew at a different point earlier in the week, I can’t imagine it was intentional.

You are correct.

She flew at exactly the same time both nights.

People just don’t seems to understand what they were watching as the stream was so bad.

JohnD

I miss her during the stream. It was pointed out to me she flew early. But you seem to be making the same point I am about last night. She flew at a more thematic point toward the end.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Now listening to this version of The Magic is Calling makes me wish that this was the main theme of Disney Enchantment. It's such a great song and already sounds like it could have been in a nighttime spectacular.

I actually prefer You are the Magic, but both are good.

drew81

Whoever made this 👏
55F708A0-ACA7-4E60-AD5E-B0043059F09E.jpeg

jrhwdw

Which is fake!!! IDK why WDW Evens bother making new stuff because NO ONE excepts me and the Regular Streaming community likes any thing TDO Does!!!!!! We're darn lucky we have a 50th! WDW could be closed down now because no one has an answer to COVID!!!!
They aren't going to make decisions based on a bunch of Twitter comments and forum posts. I've heard that people in the park last night loved it. That's what they'll respond to.
Exactly and that's who I trust!

I'm a little shocked by this site for various reasons yesterday and maybe I need a break!!

jpinkc

HEA was such an upgrade from Wishes so people couldn't help being shocked/wowed. Enchantment isn't an upgrade execpt for Main Street. IDK what MK could do but it should be communicated that Main Street starts with with Soul, not the whole show.

Streamers seemed to like it but HEA is better, I'm fine with that. At least we'll still get Streams of Enchantatment! LOL!
Streamers have to like it or at least not say there true feelings as that effects there Disney relationships

JohnD

Streamers have to like it or at least not say there true feelings as that effects there Disney relationships
MS is a gimmick. You’re better off watching the show in front of MS in front of the castle or near the Tran station. Anywhere in between you’re turning your head everywhere to look at MS projections and castle. It’s distracting. I should know. I did that last night.

Vinnie Mac

I’m so hooked on the new songs, they’re freaking ear worms. I guess I don’t get the appeal of wanting a firework show that plays ride audios to celebrate the park…RDCT did it already and let’s be honest, the show would’ve been panned for just copying the format or Disneyland did it better. Like I get the wanting to celebrate the anniversary but it’s a show that opened FOR the anniversary. It’s like giving your parents flowers to celebrate their anniversary versus a photo album to remember all the things leading to it. Both are great, but if your mom storms out cause you didn’t do a photo album then well…

People can scream, kick and holler till their blue in the face about not liking it..,that’s fine…it’s their opinion, however within 2-3 years people will be liking this the way they liked HEA. It’ll also resonate with a new group of young people coming up with Disney much like some of us with Wishes or HEA. That’s the beauty of Disney these past 50 years, we’ve all seen different versions and era that resonates in some way with our inner child. Some eras we see more fondly than others and some eras are downright gross (2007-2013). Don’t know where I was going with this last part but everyone just remember…you are the magic 🤩
What people don't realize right now is how popular Enchantment and HarmonioUS will be in the next couple of years. They hate it now but they'll be right back here in these forums crying when Disney announces years from now that they'll be "sparkling into Disney history".
😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom