News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Enchantment is fine. We will watch the fireworks while we are in lines for rides. Although the rendition of Into the Unknown made my ears bleed. And also - Show Yourself is clearly the superior song from that movie.

And excuse me, but saying Enchantment is better than Harmonious is bonkers! 🤓

I agree. My wife and two girls agree. So this is the correct opinion.
Definitive rankings;

1. Kacey Musgraves version of All is Found
2. Some Things Never Change
3. Show Yourself

1. Reflections of Earth
2. Wishes
3. Enchantment
4. Happily Ever After
5. Harmonious

DonaldDoleWhip

And five years ago, everyone was saying "HEA is good, but Wishes was excellent."
Not sure why this keeps coming up, but no, not everyone was saying this.

I’ve already posted my own receipts from May ‘17 raving about HEA, and I wasn’t alone. In my recollection, the positive takes generally outweighed the negatives.

FWIW, I viewed Enchantment in the park tonight (from Fantasyland) and enjoyed it enough. Didn’t move me to tears, but the score gave me some chills. It’s a solid show, bringing together elements of Fantasy in the Sky, Wishes, and HEA.

As a celebration of WDW’s 50th, it falls flat. As a new nighttime spectacular, it’s like HEA but simpler. Can understand why that’s a step back for some.

Cmdr_Crimson

So we potentially have two failures in harmonious and enchantment. And both of these are essentially the focal point of this disaster of a anniversary.

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF
In lamens terms...
pile.gif

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Revenge of The Tooth Barry
@culturenthrills
·
3m

I was here for the debut of Happily Ever After & now Enchantment. The crowd reaction tonight was muted at best whereas HEA was massive. DE has some great segments but it is disjointed, stalls in spots & doesn't tell a story. Just lacking in emotion.
Criticizing DE for being a disjointed clip show while praising HEA in the same breath is incoherent. Structurally, they're EXACTLY the same thing. It's just a question of which song you like better.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I’ve already posted my own receipts from May ‘17 raving about HEA, and I wasn’t alone. In my recollection, the positive takes generally outweighed the negatives.

FWIW, I viewed Enchantment in the park tonight (from Fantasyland) and enjoyed it enough. Didn’t move me to tears, but the score gave me some chills. It’s a solid show, bringing together elements of Fantasy in the Sky, Wishes, and HEA.

As a celebration of WDW’s 50th, it falls flat. As a new nighttime spectacular, it’s like HEA but simpler. Can understand why that’s a step back for some.
Today I went back and reviewed comments on here about HEA. It was mixed. Some liked. Some didn’t. Many definitely wanted wishes back. But everyone has their opinions.

I similarly have a voice command to Google Assistant on May 12th about being excited about them releasing the full version of the theme by Jordan and Angie, and many plays of the full 22* minute soundtrack on my Google Music that I listened to during drives before seeing it in person in August.

Also many listenings to Disneyland Forever. As far as anniversary fireworks, what an amazing show. Comparing that to Enchantment isn't even valid.

Did the same thing with FoF soundtrack and the change in the intro from "Disney's Festival of Fantasy" to "Disney's Festival of Fantasy... Parade" caught me off guard seeing it in person.

Last edited:

Touchdown

This is very much a successor to Wishes, it’s grand in scope, elegant and suffers the same way Wishes does (no real story, understated at times.). I think it’s a great show and is very beautiful in person, but it doesnt leave me jacked up and awe shooked like HEA which was very much more a DL style show. It’s also not RDCT which was my hope early on. The way the projections rely on the ribbons for their emphasis makes me think it will only stick around as long as the ribbons are on the castle.

JohnD

So finally getting around to posting tonight. It’s better in person than on streaming. Don’t know about Tink last night but she was in a more appropriate part of the show toward the end tonight. Overall, a good show. HEA was slightly better, IMHO. Better use of front projections. As for side projections, they’re neat but distracting if standing in middle of MS as I was, you’re looking looking back and forth. This would be better if watching from the hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom