News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

ToTBellHop

It is going to be really difficult (expensive) to get some like Dua Lipa to do something like this.

I actually like the concept of having someone do this with a proven track record (Philip Lawrence), who may not be widely known, and is a former CM.
same. A true celeb would distract from the content of the show. I just don’t care for the woman’s voice. Philip Lawrence is great.

ifan

Not sure if they are singing live or lip syncing to a track, but as a former performer im
Impressed with anyone who can sing with remotely decent vocal range in the morning hours.
The song is definitely growing on me the more I listen to it.

brb1006

I feel so un-hip.....

Have no clue who these people are.

Not a jab at these performers, but a honest question -
Do we even have a thing called a A-List musical acts anymore?
As in, real superstars everyone on the planet knows that is under 40 years old?

I don't keep up with current music, but boy do i feel 'old and outta touch' now.

-
You're not alone, we need another "Kids of The Kingdom" who used to be main singing voices for Walt Disney World and Disneyland throughout the late 1970s, 1980s and up till the mid 1990s.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Philip Lawrence and Kayla Alvarez perform ''You are the Magic' at Cinderella Castle today as part of promotional shoot for Walt Disney World's 50th​

The-Worlds-Most-Magical-Celebration_Full_44350.jpg
Not Olivia Rodrigo…Not paying attention.

jrhwdw

Not sure if they are singing live or lip syncing to a track, but as a former performer im
Impressed with anyone who can sing with remotely decent vocal range in the morning hours.
The song is definitely growing on me the more I listen to it.
They did it multiple times this morning. Maybe lip sing?????

Figments Friend

Okay gang, so who here is planning on being there to see the Preview / 'real' debut?

I imagine the local vloggers have been tripping over themselves trying to rebook their Park Reservations since October 1st is no longer the first showing of either 'Enchantment' or 'Harmonius'.

I will be there on the 29th for the 'final' showing of 'Happily Ever After'.
The next night i just may wander over to Epcot to see the 'second pre-opening' showing of 'Harmonius'.

Any other Park geeks making the effort to be there for this?

-

BaymaxFan

I feel like the odd one but I'm not a fan of the Happily ever after song by itself. In the show it sounds amazing but not when played by itself. I sort of feel the way about this new song, I think I might like it better though. I'm hoping it sounds amazing when played in the show.

dreday3

I feel like the odd one but I'm not a fan of the Happily ever after song by itself. In the show it sounds amazing but not when played by itself. I sort of feel the way about this new song, I think I might like it better though. I'm hoping it sounds amazing when played in the show.

I think all the songs from all the shows sound like schmaltzy, syrupy, adult contemporary blech.

But with fireworks, they are alright. 😂

(give me the instrumentals like Tapestry of Nations or Illuminations any day over the MK stuff)

Mikey73181

I will say, I was sad when Wishes ended and the first few times I watched HEA (youtube/streams) I hated the song and the show in general. Over time I’ve grown to like it all. Now four years later as it’s about to go away, I feel the same way about this new song. So I am hoping that it will grow on me.

Giss Neric

Based on the audio heard from this video, the songs that I was able to detect are (not 100%)
  1. You are the Magic​
  2. Almost There (Princess and the Frog)​
  3. We Know the Way (Moana)​
  4. Just Around the Riverbend (Pocahontas)​
  5. Into the Unknown (Frozen 2)​
  6. Night on Bald Mountain (Fantasia)​
  7. I am Moana (Moana)​
  8. You are the Magic​

TTA94

Based on the audio heard from this video, the songs that I was able to detect are (not 100%)
  1. You are the Magic​
  2. Almost There (Princess and the Frog)​
  3. We Know the Way (Moana)​
  4. Just Around the Riverbend (Pocahontas)​
  5. Into the Unknown (Frozen 2)​
  6. Night on Bald Mountain (Fantasia)​
  7. I am Moana (Moana)​
  8. You are the Magic​

To bad for Moana they didn’t use “You Know Who You Are”. Maybe after the “villains” part in a similar way they used Mufasa in HEA.

jpinkc

I just dont see this lineup as very inspiring or memorable Disney songs. Is Frozen still as crazy popular as it once was? My kids are past that by a long ways. Moana is/will be I think considered a classic as it ages. I just guess I will have to wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom