Disney Dreams (Or Nightmares)

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I know we all dream about Disney, so share your recent dreams (or maybe nightmares).

Last night, I had a dream we finally got the long awaited update to Carousel of Progress! I was even excited in my dream to see what they had done.

The show was exactly the same until the much awaited final scene. As I watched with almost uncontainable excitement, the carousel turned to see that familiar set of the family in the kitchen. Instead of changing the final scene, they simply "turned off" the regular stage show, dimmed the lights, and projected a Frozen montage on the SIDE of the Carousel theater.

I was so shocked that this was the final product that I spoke to a Cast Member and requested a re-ride because "I must not have seen the final scene correctly." She happily assisted me to my seat at the start of the show and assured me I'd be satisfied. The show began again and I watched in horror as the same thing happened a second time.

Incredulous, I marched to Guest Services to voice my displeasure and they informed me "I no longer own Disney Parks and have no say in the final outcome of attractions."

I pulled out some kind of ID card that showed I have been THE attraction consultant for the last 30 years (don't know where that number came from) and they assured me my services were no longer needed. I kept saying I own 51% of the company and they kept telling me I didn't.

I woke up in what felt like a pool of sweat despite my house being 68 degrees.

AndyS2992

dylan313

Well, I actually just had a Disney dream last night. I dreamed that a monorail line ran from my house to Disney World. How convenient! Also, the monorail had seats built on the roof for extended capacity. Of course.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
What's interesting to me is that even when I'm not thinking about Disney consciously, Disney is in my dreams.

danyoung56

I've had a few strange Disney dreams over the years. Usually I'm trying to get to the park but I'm running in slow motion and can't speed up. Once I went to Disneyland and it was all inside a big K-Mart style building. The strangest dream was when I was riding the Astro Jets. Instead of getting inside a vehicle, you laid down on your back and wrapped your ankles around a pylon. So when it took off, you were being whirled around, head out, and only holding on by your ankles. Even inside the dream I remember thinking "This isn't very safe, is it?"

MightyMouse

My DD(3) had a nightmare a week or so ago. I crawled my butt out of bed to see what was wrong.

"Daddy... I had a bad dream. The Beast kept saying, "Get Out!!!".
"So you were afraid of the Beast?"
"No daddy. I was crying because the Princess (Belle) wouldn't leave him alone!!!"

Yeh know... times like this make having been woken up at 3am to a crying child seem not so bad. :)

DisneyPrincess5

I have frequent Disney dreams. The surrounding never look like the actual WDW. It's a mash up of different Disney sites all together. Actually, it usually looks like what it would be if WDW was crammed into a mall. Weird but fun!

BigRedDad

Guess you can't afford to go anywhere then because it's the same or better than other many other popular vacation destinations.
Not true. We spent a week in Williamsburg for a grand total of $1,100. It was in a 1BR condo, lots of onsite amenities, theme parks galore.

What you fail to see and realize is that vacations are now becoming status symbols. I know there are groups of people that must 1-up others to maintain their ladder rung level in their social group. It is funny to watch them go in debt to keep it. $5,000 - $10,000 for a 1-week vacation is not a middle class vacation. If you think it is, your definition of middle class is far more reaching than mine.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I also have nightmares that I'm going to somehow injure myself at Disney. I just hope by the time I go in May, I'll have fully healed from my tailbone injury that I got the other day at home by falling down the stairs.

I once had a dream where I was walking through Epcot and was about to ride Maelstrom, only to find it replaced by a Frozen attraction. I woke up in a pool of sweat and began to cry when I realized it wasn't a dream. It was a living nightmare. *dramatic music*

JIMINYCR

Found out yesterday from a friend that another friend of mine was at a conference at WDW and I wasnt told he was going. Hadnt seen him for a while but boy is he going to get it from me when he returns.!!! :devilish::devilish::devilish: But last night I dreamt I was with him at MK and we were having a good time. If only dreams could become reality.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Not true. We spent a week in Williamsburg for a grand total of $1,100. It was in a 1BR condo, lots of onsite amenities, theme parks galore.

What you fail to see and realize is that vacations are now becoming status symbols. I know there are groups of people that must 1-up others to maintain their ladder rung level in their social group. It is funny to watch them go in debt to keep it. $5,000 - $10,000 for a 1-week vacation is not a middle class vacation. If you think it is, your definition of middle class is far more reaching than mine.
Williamsburg? Come on...That place is not Disney, no matter how many "theme parks" there are there.

Price a desirable destination like NYC, Vegas, or even Universal.

Besides, you're clearly not comparing apples to apples if you're talking Williamsburg for a family of 4 for $1,100 for a week and "$5,000 - $10,000" for a week at Disney. Break down the prices for $1,100 in Williamsburg for a WEEK. Prove you can get there, stay 7 days, eat 3 meals, stay in a hotel, have theme park activities comparable to Disney, and have a similar trip for $1,100. Even if you can do it, Williamsburg is not a comparison to Disney. I could go to my local museum for cheaper too, but it's isn't a vacation destination.

No one said anything about actually affording it. Most people can't even afford the car they drive or the cell phone they lease.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
For what it's worth, I just priced a week in Williamsburg for TWO people for a week in January (looks awful by the way). To just fly there, stay in a terrible hotel, and have transportation is $1400. Assume $100/day for food for 2 (reasonable?), $100/day for activities and we are up to $2,800. Just seeing I could actually spend close to $3,000 to go to Williamsburg is pretty depressing.

This is a real trip I can actually book right now...I didn't just make this up.

At Disney, I still have to fly there, eat, and stay in a hotel. I just went for a week and stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge for not much more than that with park tickets.

BigRedDad

Prove you can get there, stay 7 days, eat 3 meals, stay in a hotel, have theme park activities comparable to Disney, and have a similar trip for $1,100. Even if you can do it, Williamsburg is not a comparison to Disney. I could go to my local museum for cheaper too, but it's isn't a vacation destination.
Summer Passes: $70 (good for ~4 months) each
1 Bedroom Condo: $400 for the week
Round Trip Drive: $50 in gas
Meals: $600 (breakfast and dinner at condo resort)

You do the math. On top of that, we were able to take multiple weekend trips.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Summer Passes: $70 (good for ~4 months) each
1 Bedroom Condo: $400 for the week
Round Trip Drive: $50 in gas
Meals: $600 (breakfast and dinner at condo resort)

You do the math. On top of that, we were able to take multiple weekend trips.
The place isn't Disney...compare it to something desirable. Better yet, just go to Williamsburg instead if it's so good...fewer people making Disney crowded.

I priced a trip and couldn't get it that cheap...for one thing, I have to fly there. More power to you. The fact you could stay in a place for $400 for a week pretty much sums up its desirability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom