Disney Dream departure dates from PC changed?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I was looking at the schedule for the Dream for the rest of the year and it occured to me that somewhere during the year, the departure date for the cruises change from departing Sunday for the 4 night cruise and Thursday for the 3 night cruise to Monday for the 4 nighter and Friday for the 3 nighter. I looked a little further and it appears in late October, they run 3 4 night cruises in a row, thus bumping the departure dates around. This is such a huge blow for us because the 4 night cruises were perfect since we'd only need 4 days off from work instead of 5 and we could get an extra trip in there during the year. Now if we want to do a 4 night on the Dream, we have the take 5 days :( Does anyone know why they changed the departure dates to Mondays? I looked into 2015 too and it is still Monday's...

Kerby626

Look at the schedule and see if it falls into a holiday time frame. I know this year they moved them around Thanksgiving so people were not disembarking on Thanksgiving morning

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Look at the schedule and see if it falls into a holiday time frame. I know this year they moved them around Thanksgiving so people were not disembarking on Thanksgiving morning

It looks like it changes in late October.

It was changed to allow both the Magic and Fantasy to do 7 day cruises with weekend departures.

I guess that would make sense and looking at the schedule, when the change happens, that's when the Magic comes back to start doing 7 nights. Well that stinks for us! Looks like no more 4 night cruises for us on the Dream until (if) they change it back. If we have to take all 5 weekdays off, might as well do a 7 nighter!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We didn't even realize the departure days had changed until we rebooked on the Dream last week. We booked a back to back, a 4 night and a 3 night and I thought the dates were wrong cause it was coming out a Monday-Monday. If the schedule was the way it is now, it would have been Sunday-Sunday and I wouldn't have to take that extra weekday off.... ARGH!! lol

MaryJaneP

We didn't even realize the departure days had changed until we rebooked on the Dream last week. We booked a back to back, a 4 night and a 3 night and I thought the dates were wrong cause it was coming out a Monday-Monday. If the schedule was the way it is now, it would have been Sunday-Sunday and I wouldn't have to take that extra weekday off.... ARGH!! lol

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you book back to back 4 nighter and 3 nighter when you could book one 7 nighter and avoid the departure/arrival terminal repeat (2x if b2b) and the 7 nighters are departing/returning on the weekends so you would avoid the extra weekday off?

Is it because the Dream isn't doing 7 nighters?

sweetpee_1993

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you book back to back 4 nighter and 3 nighter when you could book one 7 nighter and avoid the departure/arrival terminal repeat (2x if b2b) and the 7 nighters are departing/returning on the weekends so you would avoid the extra weekday off?

It's prob'ly cheaper than a 7-night Fantasy. The Fantasy rates are crazy. I wouldn't pay full fare for that. Plus, B2B = 2 trips to Castaway Cay. Yesssssss!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster

It's almost the same price as the Fantasy and the 4 nighter is a CC double dip!! So we're getting 3 days at CC rather than just 1!!! :) I'm sure if we booked a 4/3 on an itinerary that didn't include CC twice it would be less. Another reason is we will be getting closer to gold status sooner and mainly just because we like the Dream. I understand the Fantasy and the Dream are the same thing and we definitely will go on the Fantasy in the future, however we've just built up a relationship with some of the servers there and we would like to see them. The Dream was our first ship. It's our "home". I'm not upset because our B2B will make us take 6 work days off. We were already scheduling 6 work days off. I'm bummed because now the 4 nighters will require 5 work days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom