Disney Down Under, Take 2: My Second Attempt at a Dream Disney Resort

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Over the years, I have multiple times attempted to create a Disney resort of my own, inspired by the projects of other Armchair Imagineers like @MANEATINGWREATH and @DisneyManOne. I'll say this first and foremost - it's hard. Really, really hard. But, I am going to try it again. My own version of the often-rumored Disney resort in Australia.

And so, I welcome you to a place where families can come together and have fun. A place where you can join your favorite Disney characters on magical adventures. A place where dreams come true. This is...

Disney Down Under Resort

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Over the years, I have multiple times attempted to create a Disney resort of my own, inspired by the projects of other Armchair Imagineers like @MANEATINGWREATH and @DisneyManOne. I'll say this first and foremost - it's hard. Really, really hard. But, I am going to try it again. My own version of the often-rumored Disney resort in Australia.

And so, I welcome you to a place where families can come together and have fun. A place where you can join your favorite Disney characters on magical adventures. A place where dreams come true. This is...

Disney Down Under Resort
Can't wait!

Brer Panther

Original Poster
All right, here we go...

There's a very good chance that, after arriving at Disney Down Under Resort, you checked into the Disneyland Hotel. The largest hotel at the resort, the Disneyland Hotel serves as a counterpoint to the Disneyland Resort hotel of the same name and Walt Disney World's Contemporary Resort with its ultra-modern design, restaurants, shops, and THREE pools.

While at the Disneyland Hotel, you can climb aboard the Monorail, which will take you directly to the flagship theme park of the resort, Disneyland Australia. Please stand clear of the doors... Por favor mantegase alejado de las puertas...

Welcome aboard the Disney Down Under Resort Monorail. For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey and stay clear of the doors. For the comfort of others, no smoking, please.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching our station at the entrance to Disneyland Australia Park. If you're standing, please hold on to the handrails and stay clear of the doors until the Monorail comes to a complete stop and the doors open. Welcome to the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland Australia.

Remember to collect your belongings and assist small children by the hand.

We step off the monorail and make our way down a large sloped walkway. The entrance turnstiles to Disneyland Australia stand nearby. Instrumental versions of such beloved Disney songs as "Heigh-Ho", "A Spoonful of Sugar" and "When You Wish Upon a Star" can be heard. By now, you're probably very excited.

walt-disney-world-railroad-main-street-usa-gallery06.jpg

Once through the turnstiles, you'll probably notice the park's train station high above you. In front of the station is a flowerbed featuring a depiction of Mickey Mouse's smiling head made out of flowers. If you'd like, you could take a ride on the Disneyland Railroad, which takes you on a round-trip around the park. There are also stations in Frontierland and Mickey (and Donald)'s Toontown. The train even goes through some of the park's other attractions. Of course, if you'd like to ride the train, you'll have to enter Main Street USA by walking under the train tracks...

Main Street USA
The world used to be a much different place. At the turn of the century, for instance, it was a lot like Main Street USA.

Taking inspiration from such locations as Marceline, Missouri (Walt's boyhood home), Main Street USA truly does feel like you've stepped back in time. The land has a relaxing atmosphere and something for all the senses. Look around and you'll see citizens of the town walking around acting all friendly-like. Take a whiff of the air and you'll smell freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies. Listen and you'll hear someone playing a ragtime piano. Chances are you've walked right into Town Square, where the American Flag stands on a flagpole. Benches sit under large shade-providing trees. Disney characters also often roam Town Square - perhaps you'll meet Mickey or Minnie Mouse, Donald or Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip and Dale, or Pluto. City Hall is also open, serving as a location for Guest Relations.

294998_138166439652340_1942411641_n.jpg

There are a lot of things to do and see on Main Street USA. For example, you could step inside the Main Street Cinema. Modeled after the movie houses of previous decades, here you can sit down and watch a classic Disney cartoon short. Shorts featured include Flowers and Trees, The Three Little Pigs, Music Land, The Wise Little Hen, and The Tortoise and the Hare.

4001239445_fde4d98d19_b.jpg

The entrance of the Main Street Cinema looks something like this, except that the marquee reads something other than "NOW SHOWING: THE ART OF DISNEY".

Nearby, there's the largest shop in the park, known as The Emporium. Among the things sold at this store are apparel, toys, books, pins, and candy. Out front, large windows display dioramas based on such beloved Disney films as Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Tangled.

You can stop by the Main Street Barber Shop for a trim, or to listen to a performance from the barbershop's quartet, the Dapper Dans. You can hop aboard one of the Main Street Vehicles for a ride down Main Street USA on a horse-drawn trolley. The Main Street Arcade is open - perhaps you'd like to play one of its vintage arcade games?

main-street-vehicles-gallery04.jpg

There are other shops on Main Street too, of course. Disney Clothiers prides itself on its large selection of Disney-related apparel. This is THE place to get one of the iconic Mickey Mouse Ears hats. The Main Street Magic Shop, meanwhile, sells magic tricks, science kits and disguises... among other things. Main Street Pin Traders is a great shop to visit if you're obsessed with getting your hands on pins.

Over at the Town Square Exposition Hall, you can take a ride on the Magic Skyway. One of the park's many dark rides, this attraction draws inspiration from the Ford Motor Company's collaboration with Disney for the 1964 World's Fair. Riders climb aboard rickety Model Ts for a journey through time. You'll encounter dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, Roman gladiators, and more.

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

At the Main Street Opera House is another attraction from the World's Fair: Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. This revolving theater attraction is sort of a one-act play featuring a cast of animatronics, following the lives of a family as their world changes with each new technological marvel.

carousel-of-progress-sgallery-3-16x9.jpg

Are you hungry? Well, perhaps we could drop by the Main Street Bakery for a cup of coffee, a chocolate chip cookie, or a bagel. The Main Street Confectionery caters to your sweet tooth, boasting all sorts of sweet treats, most of them freshly-baked. The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, as you might have guessed, is a place for anyone and everyone who likes ice cream. You can get a sundae, a root beer float, a triple-scoop cone, an ice cream soda... anything that qualifies as ice cream, really. Refreshment Corner is right next door, a quaint little shop where serving delicious drinks are the top priority.

If you're looking more for a meal than a quick snack, you have two choices. One is the Town Square Restaurant, an upscale eatery with a menu that mainly leans towards Italian food. There's also the Crystal Palace, a buffet restaurant that features character dining for all three meals - Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore are constants, but every so often they'll be joined by another character like Rabbit or Owl.

At the end of Main Street is the Hub of Disneyland Australia. Here Elsa's Castle stands proudly, a counterpoint to the Sleeping Beauty Castles and Cinderella Castles at other Disney Parks. A moat surrounds the castle, but you can get across it via a bridge. In front of the castle is a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse dubbed "Partners".

From the Hub, you can go down several different paths that will take you to one of the park's other five lands. The sound of tribal drumming leads us down one path towards
Adventureland...

----------------
- The Monorails look similar to the ones at Walt Disney World.
- I admittedly don't care for Frozen, but I knew that I had to put it in the resort SOMEWHERE, so I decided to make the castle of the park Elsa's.
- I'm a little unsure if the Carousel of Progress and the Magic Skyway would work better in Tomorrowland or not, but eh...

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
All right, here we go...

There's a very good chance that, after arriving at Disney Down Under Resort, you checked into the Disneyland Hotel. The largest hotel at the resort, the Disneyland Hotel serves as a counterpoint to the Disneyland Resort hotel of the same name and Walt Disney World's Contemporary Resort with its ultra-modern design, restaurants, shops, and THREE pools.

While at the Disneyland Hotel, you can climb aboard the Monorail, which will take you directly to the flagship theme park of the resort, Disneyland Australia. Please stand clear of the doors... Por favor mantegase alejado de las puertas...

Welcome aboard the Disney Down Under Resort Monorail. For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey and stay clear of the doors. For the comfort of others, no smoking, please.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching our station at the entrance to Disneyland Australia Park. If you're standing, please hold on to the handrails and stay clear of the doors until the Monorail comes to a complete stop and the doors open. Welcome to the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland Australia.

Remember to collect your belongings and assist small children by the hand.

We step off the monorail and make our way down a large sloped walkway. The entrance turnstiles to Disneyland Australia stand nearby. Instrumental versions of such beloved Disney songs as "Heigh-Ho", "A Spoonful of Sugar" and "When You Wish Upon a Star" can be heard. By now, you're probably very excited.

walt-disney-world-railroad-main-street-usa-gallery06.jpg

Once through the turnstiles, you'll probably notice the park's train station high above you. In front of the station is a flowerbed featuring a depiction of Mickey Mouse's smiling head made out of flowers. If you'd like, you could take a ride on the Disneyland Railroad, which takes you on a round-trip around the park. There are also stations in Frontierland and Mickey (and Donald)'s Toontown. The train even goes through some of the park's other attractions. Of course, if you'd like to ride the train, you'll have to enter Main Street USA by walking under the train tracks...

Main Street USA
The world used to be a much different place. At the turn of the century, for instance, it was a lot like Main Street USA.

Taking inspiration from such locations as Marceline, Missouri (Walt's boyhood home), Main Street USA truly does feel like you've stepped back in time. The land has a relaxing atmosphere and something for all the senses. Look around and you'll see citizens of the town walking around acting all friendly-like. Take a whiff of the air and you'll smell freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies. Listen and you'll hear someone playing a ragtime piano. Chances are you've walked right into Town Square, where the American Flag stands on a flagpole. Benches sit under large shade-providing trees. Disney characters also often roam Town Square - perhaps you'll meet Mickey or Minnie Mouse, Donald or Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip and Dale, or Pluto. City Hall is also open, serving as a location for Guest Relations.

294998_138166439652340_1942411641_n.jpg

There are a lot of things to do and see on Main Street USA. For example, you could step inside the Main Street Cinema. Modeled after the movie houses of previous decades, here you can sit down and watch a classic Disney cartoon short. Shorts featured include Flowers and Trees, The Three Little Pigs, Music Land, The Wise Little Hen, and The Tortoise and the Hare.

4001239445_fde4d98d19_b.jpg

The entrance of the Main Street Cinema looks something like this, except that the marquee reads something other than "NOW SHOWING: THE ART OF DISNEY".

Nearby, there's the largest shop in the park, known as The Emporium. Among the things sold at this store are apparel, toys, books, pins, and candy. Out front, large windows display dioramas based on such beloved Disney films as Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Tangled.

You can stop by the Main Street Barber Shop for a trim, or to listen to a performance from the barbershop's quartet, the Dapper Dans. You can hop aboard one of the Main Street Vehicles for a ride down Main Street USA on a horse-drawn trolley. The Main Street Arcade is open - perhaps you'd like to play one of its vintage arcade games?

main-street-vehicles-gallery04.jpg

There are other shops on Main Street too, of course. Disney Clothiers prides itself on its large selection of Disney-related apparel. This is THE place to get one of the iconic Mickey Mouse Ears hats. The Main Street Magic Shop, meanwhile, sells magic tricks, science kits and disguises... among other things. Main Street Pin Traders is a great shop to visit if you're obsessed with getting your hands on pins.

Over at the Town Square Exposition Hall, you can take a ride on the Magic Skyway. One of the park's many dark rides, this attraction draws inspiration from the Ford Motor Company's collaboration with Disney for the 1964 World's Fair. Riders climb aboard rickety Model Ts for a journey through time. You'll encounter dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, Roman gladiators, and more.

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

At the Main Street Opera House is another attraction from the World's Fair: Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. This revolving theater attraction is sort of a one-act play featuring a cast of animatronics, following the lives of a family as their world changes with each new technological marvel.

carousel-of-progress-sgallery-3-16x9.jpg

Are you hungry? Well, perhaps we could drop by the Main Street Bakery for a cup of coffee, a chocolate chip cookie, or a bagel. The Main Street Confectionery caters to your sweet tooth, boasting all sorts of sweet treats, most of them freshly-baked. The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, as you might have guessed, is a place for anyone and everyone who likes ice cream. You can get a sundae, a root beer float, a triple-scoop cone, an ice cream soda... anything that qualifies as ice cream, really. Refreshment Corner is right next door, a quaint little shop where serving delicious drinks are the top priority.

If you're looking more for a meal than a quick snack, you have two choices. One is the Town Square Restaurant, an upscale eatery with a menu that mainly leans towards Italian food. There's also the Crystal Palace, a buffet restaurant that features character dining for all three meals - Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore are constants, but every so often they'll be joined by another character like Rabbit or Owl.

At the end of Main Street is the Hub of Disneyland Australia. Here Elsa's Castle stands proudly, a counterpoint to the Sleeping Beauty Castles and Cinderella Castles at other Disney Parks. A moat surrounds the castle, but you can get across it via a bridge. In front of the castle is a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse dubbed "Partners".

From the Hub, you can go down several different paths that will take you to one of the park's other five lands. The sound of tribal drumming leads us down one path towards
Adventureland...

----------------
- The Monorails look similar to the ones at Walt Disney World.
- I admittedly don't care for Frozen, but I knew that I had to put it in the resort SOMEWHERE, so I decided to make the castle of the park Elsa's.
- I'm a little unsure if the Carousel of Progress and the Magic Skyway would work better in Tomorrowland or not, but eh...
Arendelle's Castle is very beautiful. Even if Frozen isn't everyone's favorite, its got a good castle.

Would this be the Arendelle castle or the Ice Palace?

Brer Panther

Original Poster
All right, now it's time to explore...

Adventureland
Let's make our way across the rickety wooden bridge that leads into Adventureland. Sort of a combination of a jungle and a tropical island, the land's combination of mystery and whimsy is bound to draw anyone who aspires to be an explorer in. At night, the land is lit up by torches. The fog is so think, you could cut it with a knife. Exotic foliage surrounds us. Wild animals can be heard growling, squawking and roaring. If you look at the river below, you might notice a small rowboat where a skeleton is seated, a fishing pole in his hands. In addition, scattered around the land are African masks and spears stuck in random places (the wall of a building, the pathway, a signpost, etc). Curiouser and curiouser...

Adventureland, believe it or not, is inhabited - mainly by explorers, merchants, and anyone else brave enough to venture into the jungle. We have arrived in a small "village" of sorts, with makeshift buildings made out of bamboo and mud. Being stuck in a jungle full of wild animals and occasionally-hostile headhunters at least a thousand miles away from civilization isn't exactly a picnic, but the people of this village have still tried to make the best of their situation.

Not long after entering the village, you'll come across an outpost with a large sign on the roof reading "Island Goods". This shop is sort of Adventureland's equivalent to the aforementioned Disney Clothiers, boasting a large collection of shirts, pants, bathing suits, sunglasses, apparel, hats, and more.

Continuing into the village, your attention is drawn to Adventureland's first attraction: specifically, the Enchanted Tiki Room. Surrounding the attraction is a large garden where several wooden statues of the Tiki Gods are scattered about among the bushes and flowers. If you're lucky, one of them might come to life and talk to you. Once inside the theater, you'll be treated to a musical revue hosted by a cast of birds that sing words and flowers that croon. A word of warning, however: the Tiki Gods aren't exactly fond of all the noise that the birds make, and you might find that out the hard way.

The Enchanted Tiki Room has an outdoor preshow starring a pair of toucans named Bert (voiced by Jeff Bennett) and Bret (voiced by Eric Bauza). They tell the story of how they "migrated" from the nearby jungle into the Tiki Room.

Right next door to the Enchanted Tiki Room is a popular spot in Adventureland. A small "snack bar" known as Aloha Isle offers ice cream, refreshing beverages, fresh fruit, and iconic Disney Parks drinks the Dole Whip and the Citrus Swirl.

Not far from Aloha Isle is another gift shop, the Adventureland Bazaar. Here you can find pith helmets, Hawaiian shirts, stuffed jungle animals, and merchandise relating to Disney's more exotic films such as The Lion King and The Jungle Book, as well as a large collection of Indiana Jones merchandise.

Speaking of those films, it's not uncommon to see characters from those films walking around Adventureland. Characters from The Jungle Book, The Lion King, Tarzan, and Aladdin are often out and about.

Now let's make our way down that small flight of stairs over there towards the old boathouse. This is the entrance to one of Adventureland's most popular attractions, the World-Famous Jungle Cruise.

A group of Indian Elephants found on the World-Famous Jungle Cruise. Feel free to take pictures, they all have their trunks on.

The Jungle Expedition Company was founded in 1859 by a Mr. Albert Falls, and since then business has been booming. Aboard a large riverboat, you and thirty other park-goers are led by your wisecracking skipper into the jungles of the world. Dangers await you, from a swamp full of angry hippos to attacking headhunters to some awful, awful jokes courtesy of the skipper.

Located nearby the exit to the attraction is another shop, Bwana Bob's Safari Supply Store. This one takes the form of an upturned Jungle Cruise boat. Here you can get your hands on some Jungle Cruise-related merchandise, from a skipper's hat of your own to a plush of the attraction's ever-popular crocodile Old Smiley to a t-shirt with "I SURVIVED THE WORLD-FAMOUS JUNGLE CRUISE" written on it.

Nearby, the ruins of an ancient temple serve as the queue and entrance to Journey Into the Jungle Book. Based on Disney's 1967 animated adaptation of Rupyard Kipling's tales, this aerial dark ride has park-goers travel through the Jungles of India as Bagheera the panther tells the story of a small man-cub named Mowgli. You'll get to join Colonel Hathi's Dawn Patrol, look for the bare necessities of life with Baloo, get caught up in a swingin' party at King Louie's temple and even get hypnotized by Kaa. The ride culminates in you encountering the man-hating tiger Shere Khan, then escaping to a nearby Man Village and unloading.

Right across from one temple is another, known by the locals as the Temple of the Fire Snake. No one has dared to go inside... except for a certain archaeologist. Yes, this is Indiana Jones Adventure: The Temple of the Fire Snake, where guests climb aboard transport jeeps and venture through the temple in search of Dr. Jones. Once the temple's namesake - a supernatural being known as the Fire Snake - is awakened, you're in for a wild ride. Lava, mummies, screeching bats, poison darts, and hissing cobras are just some of the dangers that you'll encounter as the Fire Snake gives you a taste of his wrath. Fortunately, Indiana Jones himself shows up to save the day.

Back in civilization, perhaps you'd like to have a bite to eat at the Adventurer's Club, Adventureland's most popular eatery. Sort of a cross between a pub, restaurant, museum and theater, the walls of this eatery are covered in artifacts and photographs, with animatronics, puppets, and live performers also adding to the theming. There are four rooms, each with at least one character to keep you entertained: a mounted animal head that talks, a giant squid that lives above the bar, a genie in a lantern, a scatterbrained colonel, a crazy man running around in a gorilla costume, a pair of talking masks, and more. You'll come in a stranger and leave a little stranger. And the food's good too!

Eventually, the thick jungle foliage and bamboo-constructed buildings of the village give way to what looks like a Spanish town in the Caribbean Islands. The citizens of THIS town don't have to worry about headhunters. They have to worry about PIRATES. Crews of pillaging, plundering pirates keep showing up to make a little mayhem. So keep your eyes peeled.

Let's travel inside that fortress over there. It's actually the entrance to this park's version of that iconic boat ride Pirates of the Caribbean. Perched above the entryway is a green parrot with a pirate's hat and a peg-leg (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker). "SQUAWK! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me! SQUAWK! Avast there, mateys! This be the place if yer seeking adventure and salty old pirates! SQUAWK! Right this way!" the bird shouts as we walk through the entryway.

Once aboard the boat, we'll set sail with the wildest crew that ever sacked the Spanish Main. Port Royal is overrun with pirates auctioning off whatever goods they can find, dunking the mayor in the well, sword-fighting, getting incredibly drunk, and searching for the town's treasure supply. What they don't know, however, is that a certain Captain Jack Sparrow is also about in the town, and he's scheming to get his hands on the treasure first.

The attraction exits out into (what else?) a gift shop. Known as the Buccaneer Bazaar, this shop is dedicated to selling anything that pirates might like: pirate hats, miniature telescopes, eyepatches, plastic swords, and all that.

Nearby, the Tortuga Tavern serves as another one of Adventureland's restaurants. Guests dine under the light of flickering lanterns, with Caribbean specialties and Mexican dishes on the menu. Keep an eye out for some pirates - they like to visit the tavern after a long day of rifling and looting.

And that just about does it for Adventureland. Now, the rugged terrains of
Frontierland are beckoning us to pay it a visit...

Brer Panther

Original Poster
To be perfectly honest, I doubt I'll be including any 20th Century Fox stuff in the park. Anyhow, here's the next land...

Frontierland
Frontierland allows visitors to travel back in time to the days of the covered wagon and stagecoach. Here you can experience the colorful drama of Frontier America and the danger and excitement of the wild, wild west.

The entrance to this land? Fort Lincoln, with its log-walled stockade, named after the beloved president Abraham Lincoln. After stepping through the fort, you'll find yourself in the charming town of Big Thunder Junction. In the distance stands a large mountain and the town's namesake, Big Thunder Mountain. What brought a lot of folks to Big Thunder Junction is that the mountain is said to be chock-full of gold. Whether or not it actually IS, I don't know.

Big Thunder Gulch is the sort of town you'd find in an old Western film. The streets are rather dusty, with the occasional cactus standing proud here and there. Wanted posters are scattered about. If your feet are growing weary, there's a rocking chair for you to take a load off on the porch of the Frontierland General Store. This shop is the go-to place in the park to find Old West souvenirs. Right next door is a Bathhouse - actually a cleverly-disguise for the public bathrooms. Faux storefronts for businesses such as Busy Beaver Woodcarvers, the Barber Shop, the Sheriff's Office, and the Jailhouse line the streets.

Sooner or later, while you're walking through Big Thunder Junction you'll likely catch sight of the Rivers of America, where the Frontierland Riverboat chugs along doing its riverboat thing. But for now, let's step inside the Diamondback Rattlesnake Saloon, Frontierland's most popular eatery and the home of the Diamondback Rattlesnake Revue, a musical extravaganza of dancers, vaudeville routines, and even a confused buffalo. The saloon actually shares a kitchen with the nearby Saddleback Steakhouse, which (according to the sign above the entrance) "caters to carnivores". If you like meat, this is the place for you.

There's also the Tall Tale Inn, serving as Frontierland's Mexican joint. A live mariachi band serenades diners as they munch on tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and other Spanish dishes under the light of twinkling lanterns. Or, you could visit the Mile Long Bar - which gets its name from a giant mirror placed at each end of the bar, making it look like it is indeed a mile long - for a sasparilla. There's also a Turkey Leg Cart where you can get one of those iconic Turkey Legs.

If the only thing that you're hungry for is excitement, why not head over to Big Thunder Mountain? With its rugged peaks and towering cliff tops, you'll probably find it quite tempting to go inside and explore it. Well, you can! Hop aboard the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for a trip through and around the mountain. But you'd better hang on to them hats and glasses, for this has been dubbed the wildest ride in the wilderness. Stalactite-filled caverns, geysers, and dynamite-produced explosions are one thing, but there's a very good chance that an earthquake might show up precisely when you don't want it to. Near the exit to the ride is the Big Thunder Mine Supply gift shop.

For those that want a more relaxing ride, not too far from Big Thunder Mountain is a tamer ride called Nature's Wonderland. Here, riders travel in covered wagons for a trip through the American Frontier, where all sorts of flora and fauna are waiting: bears, coyotes, bobcats, beavers, and even a few unusual critters only heard of in cowboy lore.

At the base of Big Thunder Mountain is the entrance to another ride, the Western River Expedition. Yes, the unbuilt ride designed for Walt Disney World is finally brought to life here, a thrilling boat ride through the days of cowboys and Indians with Audio-Animatronic figures and special effects galore. The ride culminates in a run-in with vicious banditos before exiting out into the Frontier Trading Post.

Back in Big Thunder Junction, the Frontierland Shooting Gallery is open for business. Those that consider themselves a quick-shooter can practice their shooting here.

If you'd like to explore the Rivers of America, you can hop aboard one of the rafts that'll take you to Tom Sawyer Island. Here the works of Mark Twain come to life, a perfect place for children to use their imaginations and step into the shoes of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. There are dimly-lit caves, forts, bridges, an old mill, a treehouse, and plenty of interactive elements.

As you continue on through Frontierland, you'll find yourself leaving Big Thunder Gulch and entering the nearby forest: a shady oasis of pine, fir and redwood, streams, waterfalls, and dirt. The woods are crawling with wildlife: foxes, bears, raccoons, porcupines, possums, rabbits, frogs, weasels, skunks, vultures, wolves, alligators, and more. Most of the folks in Big Thunder Gulch are, to be honest, afraid of most animals, but they're just as civilized as you and me.

Like the residents of Big Thunder Gulch, the animals here have set up little businesses that you can visit. For example, there's Crocodile Mercantile, a large gift shop dedicated to merchandise based on any and all Disney characters that happen to be animals.

Sitting in one small corner of the forest is Grizzly Hall, home of a show unlike one that you've ever seen before: a show known as the Country Bear Jamboree. Hosted by a furry brown bear named Henry, the show is a journey through the music and lore of the Wild West... with a cast of bears. The Five Bear Rugs are the first to perform, after them we are introduced to Wendell, then Liver Lips McGrowl, then Trixie, then Shaker, the Sun Bonnet Trio, Ernest, Swingin' Teddi Barra, and of course Big Al. Also part of the show are Henry's raccoon pal Sammy and three mounted animal heads on the wall: Max the deer, Buff the buffalo, and Melvin the moose.

Just outside the entrance of the Country Bear Jamboree is Big Al's, a converted Conestoga wagon with toy instruments, plush toys, t-shirts, and more merchandise related to the show. And a few feet away is the Hungry Bear Restaurant, another popular eatery in Frontierland. Also owned by the Country Bears' own Big Al, the restaurant has a relaxing atmosphere and an incredible menu of juicy steaks, fresh seafood, giant salads, clam chowder, lavish desserts and more. Among the detail and decor are hunting trophies, period lamps, a large fireplace, and portraits of a younger (and slightly skinnier) Al braving the Rivers of America. Speaking of which, an outdoor patio allows folks to eat while overlooking the river.

The forest is also home to a dark ride, the Critter Country 500. Based on a rejected pitch for a dark ride at Disneyland, this ride has guests board ramshackle cars and competing in a soapbox derby of sorts with the Country Bears. Featuring dozens of details and sight gags, the Critter Country 500 is a ride that's fun for all ages.

Do you still feel like exploring the Rivers of America? One resident of the forest, Brer Gator, can help you. A large green reptile in a porkpie hat, Brer Gator has opened up a business - Brer Gator's Explorer Canoes, where hand-carved and hand-painted canoes take you for a man-powered journey down the river, narrated by a wisecracking guide.

If you keep walking straight in the forest, you'll eventually come across a large, strange sort of mountain made out of mud, grass, and rocks. At the top is placed a gnarled tree stump, and right below THAT is a large opening out of which a fifty-foot waterfall spills, shooting down the mountain and into a large briar patch stuck at the bottom. This is Chickapin Hill, and it serves as the facade of a certain ride known as Splash Mountain.

Based on Disney's 1946 film Song of the South, Splash Mountain is a wet and wild log flume ride that follows the story of Brer Rabbit. Having enough of his briar patch home, the crafty little rabbit sets off to find his "Laughin' Place", unaware that the villainous Brer Fox and the bumbling Brer Bear are making plans to capture him. When Brer Fox finally manages to catch Brer Rabbit, your log emerges from the mountain and down the waterfall out front. You will get wet!

Splash Mountain exits out into the Chickapin Hill Photography Studio, where you can pick up an on-ride photo of your plunge down the waterfall. Nearby is another gift shop, the Briar Patch, which is dedicated to Splash Mountain-related merchandise.

The next land of the park can be entered either by crossing a bridge from the forests of Frontierland or by walking through
Elsa's Castle in Main Street USA. Next time, we pay a visit to Fantasyland...

Miru

Nice to see Critter Country as a sub-land, and a break from the usual desert of Frontierland. And two attractions pulled from oblivion is really nice. The Critter Country 500 also gives me some ideas for a theoretical Springfield area...

I also like the Canoes.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Next land's up!

Fantasyland
Here is the world of imagination, hopes and dreams. Dedicated to the young and young at heart, Fantasyland can be entered through Elsa's Castle, the home of the Snow Queen himself - as well as her sister Anna. Tapestries, stained-glass windows, and a large statue of Anna and Elsa decorate the castle's interior, while the exterior's spires and brickwork make for a magnificent sight to see. At night, the castle actually glows as though it were made of ice... fitting for a castle belonging to the Snow Queen.

If you climb up a stairway on your left once inside the castle, you'll find yourself at the entrance to Anna and the Snow Queen. In the vein of Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, this walkthrough attraction retells the story of Frozen with dioramas, special effects, and interactive elements.

Once outside the castle, you've arrived in the first "sub-land" of Fantasyland: Arendelle Village. Located just outside the castle gates, this is where Anna and Elsa's subjects reside. A large fountain stands in the middle of the village.

On the right of the castle is Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna is currently having its "Big Summer Blowout". Its owner, Oaken, has a bounty of merchandise dedicated to Frozen: dolls and costumes and books and all that. On the left of the castle is the Royal Greeting Hall, where you can actually MEET Anna and Elsa, as well as other Disney Princesses such as Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel.

Now, if you enter Fantasyland through the bridge that connects it to Frontierland, you'll find yourself in another "subland", the Enchanted Forest. With its large trees, frolicking animals, and little streams, this is your typical forest seen in a fairy tale - exactly the sort of forest that the Seven Dwarfs, Winnie the Pooh, or Merlin could be found in.

The first thing you'll see upon leaving the bridge is another large mountain which serves as the facade for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Aboard a swinging mine cart, guests go for a thrilling ride through the mine where Doc, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy, Bashful and Dopey dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig the whole day through. While similar, the attraction is not completely identical to its brother in Walt Disney World, featuring a longer indoor sequence and several more drops.

Nearby is the cottage that Merlin the Magician calls home. If you head inside, you'll find Higitus Figitus!, a twist on the classic tilt-a-whirl attraction that you can find at your local country fair. Here riders hop inside one of the knickknacks that Merlin has lying around and are whisked around the room by Merlin's magic. The magician stands in the center of the room, his magic wand in hand, singing "Higitus Figitus" and reciting magic spells. Occasionally, he'll point his wand at your ride vehicle, causing it to light up (via fiber-optics). Off to the side, Merlin's pet owl Archimedes is perched. He often makes sarcastic comments about his owner's unusual way of packing his things. Next door to the attraction is Merlin's Mercantile, a gift shop.

Giant mushrooms, multicolored leaves, and strange proprietaries mark the entrance to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a bizarre dark ride based on Disney's 1951 adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. Aboard a large grinning Cheshire Cat, you'll wind up falling down the rabbit hole and zipping through such locations as the Garden of Talking Flowers, the Tulgey Wood, and the Queen of Heart's Castle. The attraction culminates with an unbirthday party where the Mad Hatter and the March Hare invite you to have a cup of tea.

Speaking of tea, across from the attraction's load area is that Disney Parks classic, the Mad Hatter's Mad Tea Party. A flat ride shielded from the elements by a large canopy decorated with paper lanterns, here you get to spin in a giant teacup around an enormous teapot where the sleepy Dormouse lives. You can even control just how fast your cup can spin - or if your cup spins at all - via a "steering wheel" in the center of the cup.

Nearby the spinning tea cups stands the home of the eccentrics March Hare, a crooked-looking cottage with a thatched roof and a rabbit-eared chimney. This house serves as the facade for March Hare Refreshments, a counter-service location that specializes mainly in bizarre drinks. Tea, lemonade, coffee, and floats are all on the menu. There's also The Walrus and the Carpenter, a small tavern near the entrance to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Built out of driftwood and owned by the clever Mr. Walrus, this is a wonderful place to grab a seafood lunch. Today's special? Oysters on the half-shell.

Continuing our trek through the Enchanted Forest, we come across an original dark ride known as the Enchanted Forest Fantasafari. In the style of other attractions like the World-Famous Jungle Cruise and Nature's Wonderland, here you'll find the home of an enterprising troll named Mr. Treebark. Voiced by Maurice LaMarche, the troll has opened up a business in the Enchanted Forest: sending humans through the forest on rickety wooden carts to find animals usually thought to be a myth. You'll encounter unicorns, pegasi, centaurs, griffins, phoenixes, manticores, and more. But beware, your "fantasafari" also includes a trip through the cave of a ferocious fire-breathing dragon who doesn't take kindly to unannounced visitors...

The farmhouse that Christopher Robin calls home is where you can find another dark ride, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Once inside, you'll find yourself immersed in the oversized pages of a book about that bear of very little brain, Winnie the Pooh, before climbing aboard a honey pot and venturing into the Hundred Acre Wood where he and his friends live. It's a rather blustery day, and Pooh is using the opportunity to (what else?) visit the bees' tree for some honey. Afterwards, you encounter Tigger, who teaches us how to bounce before we head inside Pooh's house and wind up in a dream that he's having about Heffalumps and Woozles. Once Pooh awakens, the Hundred Acre Wood is flooded with water, and Pooh must rescue his supper... and Piglet, who's about to head over a waterfall! The story culminates in a hero party for Pooh, who's at the moment having a small smackarel inside the Honey Moon Caverns. The attraction exits out into another gift shop, Hundred Acre Goods, THE place in the park to find Winnie the Pooh merchandise.

Nearby is a small counter-service location known as Rabbit's Garden. As its name suggests, it boasts a smorgishboard of crops from Rabbit's garden: carrots, salads, fruit, and even soup are all on the menu, as are some tasty treats that he's baked. Since Rabbit is close friends with Pooh Bear, many of the baked goods here involve honey, but there's also muffins, sandwiches, cookies, cakes, and candy, including Disneyland's popular "Tigger Tails".

And while we're on the subject of anthropomorphic animals, a certain amphibian can also be found in the Enchanted Forest. Toad Hall stands proudly near the back of the forest, the facade of fan-favorite Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. And a wild ride it is - Mr. Toad has invited us to take a tour of his humble abode, followed by a rambunctious drive with him in a motorcar all over England. Be careful, you don't want to end up behind bars... and do try to avoid the train tracks. Trust us. In another section of Toad Hall is another counter-service location called the J. Thaddeus Toad Banquet Hall, which is dedicated to British dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash, and shepherd's pie.

Thus concludes Part 1 of Fantasyland. We'll explore the rest of it in the next post.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
All right, here's Part 2 of Fantasyland...

Regardless as to whether you enter Fantasyland through the Enchanted Forest or the Arendelle Village, you'll wind up in another "subland", Storybook Square. Here is another charming village, demonstrating what life was like in the Dark Ages, but still very whimsical in tone. Minstrels traverse the streets, playing lutes and singing the tales of brave heroes who battled ferocious dragons and things like that. Shops and restaurants add to the medieval flair. For example, there's Sir Mickey's, which has a number of souvenirs, plushes, toys, and clothing.

The workshop of a wise old wizard named Yen Sid is open to visit. Once inside, you'll find yourself at the loading dock of Fantasia. Based on the 1940 film of the same name, this is a flume ride a la EPCOT's Maelstrom through the magical world of music. Segments include "Dance of the Hours", "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", "Pines of Rome", and the attraction's climax, "Night on Bald Mountain" - where you'll narrowly escape the clutches of Chernabog via a forty-foot drop - which, unlike Splash Mountain's climactic plunge, is indoors and in the dark.

Across from Yen Sid's workshop is the Village Haus, a table-service restaurant that serves Italian fare such as pizza, pasta, subs, flatbreads, and salads. Next door is Geppetto's Workshop, the charming abode of woodcarver Geppetto and his son, Pinocchio. Here you can buy hand-carved toys, puppets, music boxes, puzzles, and candy. The shop also includes a window into the load area of another dark ride, The Adventures of Pinocchio.

This attraction tells the story of how Geppetto's son Pinocchio was transformed from a wooden puppet into a real boy, with a little help from his conscience Jiminy Cricket. On his quest to prove himself worthy of being a real boy, Pinocchio and the riders run afoul of such ne'er-do-wells as J. Worthington Foulfellow and Gideon, Stromboli, the Coachman, and of course Monstro the whale, who threatens to swallow us whole.

Another dark ride in this section of Fantasyland is the iconic Peter Pan's Flight. Here, riders set sail aboard flying pirate ships - capable of flight via faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust - for a trip through the nursery of the Darling Children, over the streets of London and then on to Neverland. You'll encounter Captain Hook and his band of pirates, Indians, the Lost Boy, and even the big hungry tick-tocking Crocodile.

Next door, continuing the nautical theme of Peter Pan's Flight, is another dark ride that sends you to the bottomless blue where a mermaid be waiting for you. This is Under the Sea: Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Aboard a large clam shell you'll travel to the underwater of King Triton - without getting wet - where you'll meet Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian, and the sinister sea witch Ursula. This attraction actually isn't a clone of the other Little Mermaid dark rides at other Disney Parks, but rather a slightly different version of the unbuilt attraction pitched for Disneyland Paris. However, one similarity that the attraction does share with its Californian and Floridian counterparts is the presence of Scuttle, who narrates the ride. The attraction exits out into the Ariel's Treasures gift shop, which has gadgets and gizmos a-plenty.

The final "subland" of Fantasyland is the Circus Grounds that Dumbo the flying elephant calls home. Who doesn't love a day at the circus? The sights, the sounds, the smells... With popcorn lights strung over our heads and posters featuring such characters as "Bongo the Wonder Bear" and "Ajax, the World's Strongest Gorilla" posted on tentpoles, our attention is drawn towards the land's flagship attraction: Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

This attraction probably doesn't even need an introduction. Guests climb aboard Dumbo for a flight high above Fantasyland, complete with the ability to control how high they soar. In the center of the ride stands Timothy Mouse, a magic feather in his hands, cheering us on.

Also here is another flat ride - specifically the Circus Carousel, a magnificent double-decker carousel decorated with not just horses but also other circus animals such as zebras, camels, hippos, gorillas, lions, tigers, bears, and giraffes, all of them parading to the tune of a nearby circus organ. Hungry? I would recommend visiting Big Top Treats, located in the main tent of the circus. Here you can find a selection of snacks usually found at the circus, such as cotton candy, caramel apples, popcorn, cake pops, brownies, and fudge. If it's hot out, a great place to cool off is the Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station, a water play area based around the circus train Casey Jr. It's perfect for the little ones!

The whimsy and madcap vibe of the circus continues into the next land - the land that Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy reside in. Next up, Mickey (and Donald)'s Toontown...

--------------

- I'll be honest, the only reason a Little Mermaid dark ride is here is because I thought the dark rides in my Fantasyland were too "boy-centric". Like, I needed SOME sort of dark ride based on a princess movie in there.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Next land!

A large sign welcomes us to the next land of Disneyland Australia. It features the likeness of Mickey Mouse, standing proudly next to a crude drawing of Donald. Below this image are the words "WELCOME TO MICKEY'S AND DONALD'S TOONTOWN", a few of them sloppily painted-on. A can of paint and a paintbrush nearby, accompanied by some suspicious-looking paint-covered footprints, suggest that a certain duck has made a few changes to the sign.

Regardless, entering Mickey (and Donald)'s Toontown feels just like stepping into a cartoon short from the Golden Age of Animation. There are very few straight lines around, buildings and vehicles seem to have faces, and there are anvils and dynamite scattered about.

The largest shop in this land is The Gag Factory, owned by Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Toys, gags, pranks, joke books, and other souvenirs are for sale here. What isn't for sale, at least to us humans, are classic cartoon props like TNT, anvils, large pianos, fireworks, and boxes full of "wisecracks".

Next door to the shop is the home of Ludwig Von Drake, Von Drake's House of Genius. This is an indoor play area - a la EPCOT's ImageWorks - where Von Drake has invited you to test out some of his newest inventions. Also included is a small counter-service location where Ludwig offers frothy frozen drinks.

What's that smell? It's probably coming from the nearby Cookie Carnival Bakery. Named and themed after the Silly Symphony of the same name, this is Toontown's equivalent to the Main Street Confectionary, with a wide variety of baked goods and candy for you to snack on. There's even Mickey Mouse-shaped Gingerbread men!

Another shop located in Toontown is the Ink and Paint Shop. As its name suggests, it's a shop dedicated to one thing and one thing only: art supplies. Paintbrushes, colored pencils, crayons, markers, "How to Draw" books, "Art of" books... you name it!

At the Toontown Opera House, a 3D show can be found: Mickey's PhilharMagic, an updated version of the attraction found at other Disney Parks. The show has Donald Duck or Goofy, depending on which performance you catch, getting their hands on Mickey's sorcerer's hat and being whisked away on a whirlwind adventure through some of Disney's most iconic musical numbers. The show is randomized, sequences that you might see include "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo, and "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" from The Lion King. The attraction exits out into the Music Land gift shop, where you can buy a sorcerer's hat of your own... or choose from the store's large selection of Donald Duck merchandise.

Like other towns, Toontown has a farmer's market - specifically, a farmer's market run by Horace Horsecollar. Farmer Horace's Market is a good place to grab a quick snack. There's fresh fruit, carrots and celery sticks, chips, crackers, yogurt, pickles, fruit cups, pretzels, cookies, and assorted bottled beverages.

Or, if you're looking for lunch, try the Three Little Pigs Cafe. A small restaurant built from straw, sticks and bricks, the Three Little Pigs Cafe serves quick meals. Of course, since this restaurant is run by pigs you won't be able to order, say, a ham sandwich here, but you CAN get a grilled cheese, breaded shrimp, or a nice salad.

Once you arrive in the suburbs of Toontown, you'll come upon Mickey and Minnie's House, a charming cottage where America's favorite mice live. This attraction doubles as a meet-and-greet with Mickey and Minnie.

Next door is the house where Goofy and his son Max live. If you'd like, you can head into his backyard, where you'll find the load area for Goofy's Air Academy. You see, here in Toontown Goofy holds flying lessons in his backyard (despite the fact that he has yet to earn a pilot's license). Goofy's Air Academy is a kiddie coaster a la the Barnstormer at the Magic Kingdom, sending guests careening around Goofy's backyard and the rest of Toontown in his homemade biplanes. While mainly an outdoor attraction, your plane also flies through The Gag Factory and the interior of Goofy's house.

Or you could head inside Goofy's house and find the load area for another attraction, Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse. Inspired by the attraction at Tokyo Disneyland, this is an interactive dark ride where Goofy and Max enlist your help to redecorate their house. Goofy has created little "goof-karts" equipped with paint guns, allowing us to zip around Goofy's house repainting every room. Unlike other "shooting" dark rides, there are no winners or losers here, you are not given a score. It's simply intended to be a fun dark ride with an interactive element.

Nearby, Donald Duck invites you to cruise the waters of Toon Lake on another attraction, Tugboat Donald. After a quick trip through Donald's houseboat, you'll climb aboard small vessels and take a wet-and-wild ride around the lake, dodging sharks, crocodiles, spitting frogs, and Donald's mischievous nephews, who stand on the shore with water guns.

In the center of Toontown is a large oak tree where those rascally chipmunks Chip and Dale reside. It's also where you can jump aboard Chip and Dale's Tree Jump, a parachute attraction a la Jumpin' Jellyfish at Disney's California Adventure where we "jump" down from the top of the tree on a large brightly-colored leaf.

Rounding out the list of attractions here in Toontown is the Toontown Highway, which serves as this park's equivalent to Disneyland's Autopia. After walking through the front door at Pete's Garage, the local car dealership, we are greeted by Pete himself, who allows us to take one of his cars for a test drive through Toontown. Colorful billboards, talking street signs, dimly-lit tunnels, and the occasional dive-bombing plane from the nearby Goofy's Air Academy serve as scenery for the attraction.

By now, night has likely fallen on Disneyland Australia, and the neon lighting of the park's next land are beckoning us. Next time, we'll explore
Tomorrowland...

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Well, it's only been... what, five days? Maybe six? Anyhow, here's Tomorrowland...

What will the future be like? Over the years, man has had many an idea as to what the world would be like... very few of which have come true, resulting in the Tomorrowlands of other Disney Parks being considered outdated and in need of updating over the years. To avert this, Disneyland Australia's Tomorrowland aims to be a future that may or may never be, but we have no idea which will be the case... sort of a fantasy future. A futuristic city where aliens, Earthlings, and robots live together in harmony.

Volcanic rock formations line the entry bridge to Tomorrowland, occasionally spewing mist - or "lava" - into the ponds nearby. Most of the buildings here are made out of chrome, iron and metal, painted blue and purple and decorated with neon lighting. Several robots are out and about - one is seen watering plants via a hose-like appendage in its head. Another, this one with six arms, is seen painting the side of a building. And another acts as a street sign, pointing in different directions towards the different attractions, shops, and restaurants in Tomorrowland.

High above your head are the tracks of the Tomorrowland Peoplemover. Accessible via a large escalator, the Tomorrowland Peoplemover never stops moving, giving riders a tour of Tomorrowland as it maneuvers in and out of the many different attractions and shops that Tomorrowland has to offer.

After a ride on the Tomorrowland Peoplemover, you can pay a visit to the Star Command Recruitment Center, where those that want to be space rangers can train with the one and only Buzz Lightyear. But before training can begin, Buzz informs us that the Evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance, is up to no good. This is Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Aboard a small Space Cruiser armed with laser-blasting guns, you'll be sent off into battle alongside Buzz and other Space Rangers to fight Zurg and his army of robots and monsters. While similar to the Magic Kingdom attraction that shares its name, the ride is not identical to it, as it is made more clear that you are intended to be on an adventure with the "real" Buzz Lightyear that the toy is based on rather than the size of a toy. The attraction exits out into the Store Command gift shop, which is THE place in Tomorrowland to find Toy Story merchandise.

Directly across from Buzz is a restaurant, the Tomorrowland Terrace. Tomorrowland's most popular eatery, this counter-service restaurant serves tasty burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, chicken fingers - typical theme park fare. While there's outdoor seating, the real show happens inside. Literally. Inside is a large stage that can be used for live performances, but if not, entertainment is provided either by Body Electric, a wisecracking robot comedian, or Sonny Eclipse, a literal lounge lizard.

Near the entrance to Tomorrowland is another dark ride, Mars Rover Races. An original dark ride full of sight gags and Audio-Animatronics, here park guests are given the opportunity to visit Mars and test out new Mars Rover prototypes. Aboard our rover, we go for a fast-paced trek across the terrain of Mars, which as it turns out is inhabited. Specifically, by aliens. Lots and lots of friendly aliens. One of them just might take your picture!

At the base of the platform where one can board the Tomorrowland Peoplemover is a small counter-service location known as The Lunching Pad. This is a place to grab a light snack, such as a nice soft pretzel or a churro, but the main draw here is its selection of frozen drinks. And at the TOP of the platform is an attraction that can be reached via a smaller escalator atop the platform onto another, higher platform - Flight of the Astro-Jets. A cousin of the Astro Orbitor attractions at other Disney Parks, this is an "aerial carousel" attraction where you can climb aboard a small rocket and soar high above Tomorrowland. Even if you don't ride it, the attraction gives Tomorrowland a nice kinetic energy.

Nearby, you can find the Tomorrowland Sea Exploration Headquarters, where you can find another dark ride - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Similar to Peter Pan's Flight, riders sit back-to-back in small submarines and go for a voyage through liquid space. It doesn't matter whether your seat faces the left side or the right side - there's something to see in every nook and cranny of this attraction, from colorful fish to a giant squid to mermaids and sharks and sea turtles and crabs and lobsters, culminating in an encounter with a goofy sea serpent.

At the Tomorrowland Science Center, one can The Timekeeper, a robotic inventor who invites on a 360-degree trip through time, accompanied by his assistant 9-EYE and a kidnapped Jules Verne. This is the same attraction that could once be found at the Magic Kingdom, albeit now in HD.

In the very back of Tomorrowland is that Disney Parks classic, Space Mountain. Towering over the rest of Tomorrowland and glowing eerily at night, inside is the Tomorrowland Space Station, where we'll climb aboard rocket ships and blast off into outer space. With tight turns, quick drops, and special effects galore, this is a must-do for roller coaster fanatics.

Thus concludes our tour of Disneyland Australia. As we leave Tomorrowland and head down Main Street USA towards the park exit, you might be excited to find out what the other theme parks at Disney Down Under Resort have to do. Well, you're in for a treat! At least, I hope you'll consider it a treat.

And don't worry, I'll be posting ride-throughs of some of the park's attractions...

Brer Panther

Original Poster
So, here's a list of the attractions at Disneyland Australia...
  1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Tomorrowland)
  2. Adventures of Pinocchio, The (Fantasyland)
  3. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Fantasyland)
  4. Anna and the Snow Queen (Fantasyland)
  5. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Frontierland)
  6. Brer Gator's Explorer Canoes (Frontierland)
  7. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (Tomorrowland)
  8. Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station (Fantasyland)
  9. Chip and Dale's Tree Jump (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  10. Circus Carousel (Fantasyland)
  11. Country Bear Jamboree (Frontierland)
  12. Critter Country 500, The (Frontierland)
  13. Disneyland Railroad (Main Street USA)
  14. Dumbo the Flying Elephant (Fantasyland)
  15. Enchanted Forest Fantasafari (Fantasyland)
  16. Enchanted Tiki Room, The (Adventureland)
  17. Fantasia (Fantasyland)
  18. Flight of the Astro-Jets (Tomorrowland)
  19. Frontierland Riverboat (Frontierland)
  20. Goofy's Air Academy (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  21. Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  22. Higitus Figitus! (Fantasyland)
  23. Indiana Jones Adventure: The Temple of the Fire Snake (Adventureland) (ride-through)
  24. Journey Into the Jungle Book (Adventureland)
  25. Mad Hatter's Mad Tea Party (Fantasyland)
  26. Main Street Cinema (Main Street USA)
  27. Main Street Penny Arcade (Main Street USA)
  28. Main Street Vehicles (Main Street USA)
  29. Magic Skyway (Main Street USA)
  30. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The (Fantasyland)
  31. Mars Rover Races (Tomorrowland)
  32. Mickey and Minnie's House (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  33. Mickey's Philharmagic (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  34. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Fantasyland)
  35. Nature's Wonderland (Frontierland)
  36. Peter Pan's Flight (Fantasyland)
  37. Pirates of the Caribbean (Adventureland)
  38. Royal Greeting Hall (Frontierland)
  39. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Fantasyland)
  40. Space Mountain (Tomorrowland)
  41. Splash Mountain (Frontierland) (ride-through)
  42. Timekeeper, The (Tomorrowland)
  43. Tomorrowland Peoplemover (Tomorrowland)
  44. Tom Sawyer Island (Frontierland)
  45. Toontown Highway (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  46. Tugboat Donald (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  47. Under the Sea: Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Fantasyland)
  48. Von Drake's House of Genius (Mickey [and Donald]'s Toontown)
  49. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (Main Street USA)
  50. Western River Expedition (Frontierland) (ride-through)
  51. World-Famous Jungle Cruise, The (Adventureland) (ride-through)
Making for a total of fifty-one attractions.

So, which attractions would you like to see ride-throughs of?

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

There really good. Do you sorta plan to include entertainment like shows, parades, and nighttime fireworks shows along with the holidays before the next park?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom