Disney dining reservations canceled until the end of the year..

DisDadWoz

I am wondering the same thing. We have a DVC stay beginning on the 22nd. Don't know if Disney Springs will be the only food option. I assume that they will have to offer at least quick service at the resort. But who knows.
We have a DVC stay for 4th of July weekend and just want to know what we may need to do to have at least one meal at a restaurant. I'm sure the details will be coming but they are cutting it close with a 6/22 reopen.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So, bottom line? There are no Restaurants. Our NOV Restaurant Reservations were also canceled. No parades, no Restaurants, no XMAS PTY?

We cancelled our NOV 2020 trip. When there is a place at WDW to go to, for a vacation? We will go to it. Else? No Money.

Next try: APR 2021. Booked under DVC. And this too, may be cancelled.

nickys

Premium Member
So, bottom line? There are no Restaurants. Our NOV Restaurant Reservations were also canceled. No parades, no Restaurants, no XMAS PTY?

We cancelled our NOV 2020 trip. When there is a place at WDW to go to, for a vacation? We will go to it. Else? No Money.

There will be restaurants, and those who had reservations for things will be given the chance to rebook. As far asIncan see nothing has been announced yet about the parties.

With the reduced capacity they needed to clear the ecvs and start again, rather than randomly cancel half or more of existing reservations.

But I honestly think that anyone who has doubts should cancel and rebook for a later date when hopefully things will return to more like the old normal.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
There will be restaurants, and those who had reservations for things will be given the chance to rebook. As far asIncan see nothing has been announced yet about the parties.

With the reduced capacity they needed to clear the ecvs and start again, rather than randomly cancel half or more of existing reservations.

But I honestly think that anyone who has doubts should cancel and rebook for a later date when hopefully things will return to more like the old normal.

I truly hope that those who had reservations (events, dinners, tours, etc) will have first crack at rebooking. We had 5 days offsite followed by 3 days onsite with some good reservations... hoping that we really do get first crack at rebooking (July 20-28).

No doubts and no worries, just hopes.

joanna71985

I imagine this will take a bit of time for all the reservations to be removed. As sad as it is, I suppose this had to be done. I just hope those who planned a very special reservation can get it back at some point.

I sure hope that's the case. I had Hoop booked for my birthday in July, and I had Cat 1 (of course...I don't know if Hoop will even be open then)

Hcalvert

Today, I received 22 emails for cancelled dining reservations. Disney finished cancelling them all yesterday, so maybe everyone receives the cancellation emails after the account is cleared? 🤷‍♀️

Ben_since_1971

Today, I received 22 emails for cancelled dining reservations. Disney finished cancelling them all yesterday, so maybe everyone receives the cancellation emails after the account is cleared? 🤷‍♀️
I haven't received any cancellation emails yet but my dining slate is clean (last ADR vanished last night).

My package has been switched over to the discounted package as a 'Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package' and the 35% discount has been applied to my bill.

Hcalvert

I haven't received any cancellation emails yet but my dining slate is clean (last ADR vanished last night).

My package has been switched over to the discounted package as a 'Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package' and the 35% discount has been applied to my bill.
I have two DVC reservations--July 10-15 and July 15-24. They might be sending the emails to the reservations closer to the opening. I have about 36 days to go.

DreamalittleDisney

That's it all of mine are now wiped clean ... what's people thoughts on the refillable mugs seen some that think they may not return for a while to try snd reduce touch points...
Apparently wine bar George have a cup that you can get cheaper refills bit atm you take your cup to get the price the server then pours into a disppable cup that you can then pour into your refillable....

MissViv

That's it all of mine are now wiped clean ... what's people thoughts on the refillable mugs seen some that think they may not return for a while to try snd reduce touch points...
Apparently wine bar George have a cup that you can get cheaper refills bit atm you take your cup to get the price the server then pours into a disppable cup that you can then pour into your refillable....

I do not think they will have the refillable mugs for quite some time.

JohnD

Wrong. It's not that there NO restaurants. It's that you can't book more than 60 days out. Your call that you cancelled your trip. But you had the option of keeping your trip then rescheduling ADRs once you were 60 days out.

JohnD

Disney has cancelled ALL ticket sales for now, so that obviously includes special events like parties. But even then, I think they would want to focus on slowly reintroducing ticket sales for regular park hours before even contemplating adding parties on top of that. We may not like it, but reopening has to be slow and deliberate.

nickys

Premium Member
The Disney ADR booking system is now accepting booking at some Disney Springs locations up to 60 days out.

Previously some we’re accepting Open Table for direct bookings. You can now book through Disney, just as before but for dates within the next 60 days.

nickys

Premium Member
Can you buy the Dining plan for 2021?..i have read mixed answers to this..
On the U.K. site you can add the dining plan and progress all the way through to the final pages, I tried it for May or June a week or so ago in response to another query.

All actual bookings are paused right now, so I don’t know what would happen if I went further and added guest names etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom