Disney dining reservations canceled until the end of the year..

Will they cancel the QS dining plans, too?
And if yes, what sense does this make?
For the other dining plans including table service restaurants I would understand that, but QS....

chama1

I have dining reservation at the Crystal Palace in November...has been cancelled...but I can see that being done again...so sad...

HouCuseChickie

All guesses here, but it sounds like it would have been too complicated to cancel some and not others. I guess by canceling all, they even the playing field with whatever changes we're about to see. I'm sure they also expect an upswing in quick service, so they may not want a bunch of people tied up into plans. The 9/26/2021 date was concerning, but I read somewhere that this was the farthest date some agents (in the UK?) could book stays with a dining plan, so if that's true, it would make sense to go all the way out to that date if they're just clearing out the whole system. Maybe someone can shed some light on the date.

Ben_since_1971

Didn't they just have a dining plan promotion running for re-opening?
I don't know that it was a promotion as much as a bone they were throwing people who's trips had to be canceled by the closures. From what I am hearing, in lieu of the DP getting canceled, they are offering a 35% discount to be used on current reservation or a future (through 2021) if you decide to outright cancel.

Ben_since_1971

All guesses here, but it sounds like it would have been too complicated to cancel some and not others. I guess by canceling all, they even the playing field with whatever changes we're about to see. I'm sure they also expect an upswing in quick service, so they may not want a bunch of people tied up into plans. The 9/26/2021 date was concerning, but I read somewhere that this was the farthest date some agents (in the UK?) could book stays with a dining plan, so if that's true, it would make sense to go all the way out to that date if they're just clearing out the whole system. Maybe someone can shed some light on the date.
You are correct on the 2021 date - furthest out the UK can book.

Disney is apparently rolling out a brand new (read: the new normal) reservation system. You are correct in leveling the playing field, but also there will be greatly reduced capacity at all dining. Some places were already booked - now you have to limit to 50% - who do you cancel? So you wipe slate clean, roll out new system, and give those directly affected (i.e. those who already have reservations) first crack at it. Kinda sucks for me as I have a September trip all planned out with a free dining. Had my ADRs and everything. Now I have to start from scratch. Oh well - I enjoy planning Disney trips anyways :) .

HouCuseChickie

You are correct on the 2021 date - furthest out the UK can book.

Disney is apparently rolling out a brand new (read: the new normal) reservation system. You are correct in leveling the playing field, but also there will be greatly reduced capacity at all dining. Some places were already booked - now you have to limit to 50% - who do you cancel? So you wipe slate clean, roll out new system, and give those directly affected (i.e. those who already have reservations) first crack at it. Kinda sucks for me as I have a September trip all planned out with a free dining. Had my ADRs and everything. Now I have to start from scratch. Oh well - I enjoy planning Disney trips anyways :) .

Thanks for clarifying the date. I know some people in my Facebook groups really freaked out over that last night, but it makes sense if they're clearing the system. I tried wrapping my head around capacity and potential cancellation approaches before all of this was announced, and I couldn't think of any good way to keep it as is, so I get it. We were previously supposed to check in on July 11th. I canceled and rebooked for Feb 2021, but it was before all of this came out...combo of other family not comfortable going, not wanting to be there too early on in this process (back when I thought June might be opening), and some recently announced school conflicts. Good luck with everything for Sept. My parents are still booked in the Contemporary for Sept, but not sure if they'll keep it. Like you, at least we enjoy Disney planning, so it's not all that bad.

I got the email late last night about the cancellation of my dining. Well, guess what? I cancelled my whole DW trip for August back in April and cancelled all of my dining too! If I go onto MDE site, everything is gone. I have no clue why I would get that email, however, I will be calling and see why I was sent that.

heapster411

Just read on the other site that the ADR booking window went from 180 days out to 60 days out. But, " select third party owned and operated restaurants and experiences may not be canceled". So now; I am lucky enough to make my ADR's and Fast Passes at the same time, which is in October. Like,life isn't stressful enough, Right?

Herdman

Some third party restaurants at Disney Springs could be made through OpenTable to not wait on the Disney ADR system. Like Raglan Road for example.

Interesting. They cancelled all my Dining reservations for table restaurants but not the QS reservations for BOG, Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus.
Also Oga's Cantina is still there.

DreamalittleDisney

They haven't cleared out my reservations yet for Oct still showing on MDE .. they sent an email yesterday but no mention of what's on or off yet for us ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-184311_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200529-184311_Gmail.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 268

nickys

Premium Member
Just read on the other site that the ADR booking window went from 180 days out to 60 days out. But, " select third party owned and operated restaurants and experiences may not be canceled". So now; I am lucky enough to make my ADR's and Fast Passes at the same time, which is in October. Like,life isn't stressful enough, Right?
I would hope, when FPs are back in play that they will separate the booking windows. Their systems can’t cope as it is, let alone with two extra lots of reservations (parks and ADRs).

But there could be changes to the FP system, and operational changes before your window. At least you get to watch and see other people’s experience before it’s your turn. 🙂

slipperalwaysfits

I would hope, when FPs are back in play that they will separate the booking windows. Their systems can’t cope as it is, let alone with two extra lots of reservations (parks and ADRs).

But there could be changes to the FP system, and operational changes before your window. At least you get to watch and see other people’s experience before it’s your turn

I hadn't thought about the system overload, although I did remember the difficulties when you mentioned it. It's incredibly stressful to plan dining reservations and a park fast pass on the same day. It was so much easier because you could plan your fast passes around your dining. I am just hoping they let us make park reservations at 65 days out so we aren't scrambling with: dining and park reservations and fast passes if they have them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom