Disney Dining Plan questions

PhilharMagician

Original Poster
With the Disney Dining Plan now being available to DVC members has me thinking about next year. I have a few questions about its use. I have read all of Disney's info and checked all ears and did a search and found nothing on these.

1. What about the Candlelight Processional. Can it be used for this??

2. What about holidays? We will be there for Thanksgiving, so can I use a sit down meal?

Thank for the info.

MickeyTigg

PhilharMagician said:
With the Disney Dining Plan now being available to DVC members has me thinking about next year. I have a few questions about its use. I have read all of Disney's info and checked all ears and did a search and found nothing on these.

1. What about the Candlelight Processional. Can it be used for this??

2. What about holidays? We will be there for Thanksgiving, so can I use a sit down meal?

Thank for the info.

If you're talking about the Dinner Package for CP, I would think that cannot be used for that since it's already paid for. If your not talking the package, I would think it would work for dinner as it does now.

I also would think it would work for any meal during the holidays just as it does normally.

Before you do purchase the plan do an analysis of your meals. We are going in June and decided to use the Dining Experience Card instead because we figured out we weren't going to use enough counter service meals to fully use the plan.

PhilharMagician

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
If you're talking about the Dinner Package for CP, I would think that cannot be used for that since it's already paid for. If your not talking the package, I would think it would work for dinner as it does now.

I also would think it would work for any meal during the holidays just as it does normally.

Before you do purchase the plan do an analysis of your meals. We are going in June and decided to use the Dining Experience Card instead because we figured out we weren't going to use enough counter service meals to fully use the plan.

Thanks for the info.

I believe you a right about the Candlelight since it is prepaid, but what about the Princess breakfast? That is also prepaid and can be used for DDP for 2 sitdown credits. Also the Fantasmic package can be done with DDP.

I am curious about the holiday. With DDE you cannot use your card on certain holiday's (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years)

We have been using the DDE all along and have looked at it and will be saving money with DDP.

Fo the three of us it is about $86.00 per day for DDP. We typically spent about $100.00 per day on average last year with DDE. That was 1 sit down dinner each day, 2 days we had a character breakfast, 2 counter service meals, no water or snacks (bought them at store) and breakfast in room (except the 2 character breakfasts) for a 13 day stay. So now we will have 2 meals per day and a snack for less. I think it will work well for us.

MickeyTigg

PhilharMagician said:
Thanks for the info.

I believe you a right about the Candlelight since it is prepaid, but what about the Princess breakfast? That is also prepaid and can be used for DDP for 2 sitdown credits. Also the Fantasmic package can be done with DDP.

I am curious about the holiday. With DDE you cannot use your card on certain holiday's (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years)

Oh...then you could be right then.

For the three of us it is about $86.00 per day for DDP. We typically spent about $100.00 per day on average last year with DDE. That was 1 sit down dinner each day, 2 days we had a character breakfast, 2 counter service meals, no water or snacks (bought them at store) and breakfast in room (except the 2 character breakfasts) for a 13 day stay. So now we will have 2 meals per day and a snack for less. I think it will work well for us.

When we figured it out for our June trip...already made the ADR's....we were short 4 or 5 CS meals....too many table service meals I guess.

lscott933

yes you can use the ddp on candlelight dinners. i did it this year and you can use for the dinner. you already prepaid for your meal too before you go. cause you have to pay all off before you go.
as for the holiday you can use your meal at any place. now if your talking about the special menu that they offer i don't know about that. but you can use on the holiday.

This year we used the dining plan to attend two candlelight processional shows. When making the reservations we had to give them a credit card to guarantee the meal purchase, but simply signed the receipt at the end of the meal to charge the meal to the plan and not the credit card. We used this for method at both Alfredo's in Italy and Teppanyaki in Japan. Great meals, by the way, and a great Christmas show afterwards.

Just as an aside, we lined up on the Japan side of the theatre for the cp show about 30 minutes prior to the show start. During that time DH stayed in line and I nipped off to Japan to the sake bar (at the back of the store) and bought a couple of plum wines. It the time in line seemed quite short!

Tink

ErickainPA

We were in Disney for Christmas and we went to the Crystal Palace on Christmas Day. They had a special menu, it was a buffet meal. You are able to use the DDP on any restaurant even with a special menu for the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom