Disney Dining Packages will become reloadable Aug 19th

disneydata

Original Poster
This has been independently confirmed with three separate people from Disney resorts. The official notice is set to go out tomorrow.

Starting August 19th, all Disney Dining Packages (quick service, dining, deluxe, premium, platinum) will be able to be reloaded for the meal and snack portions after arrival. You will only be able to reload after one full day of coupons have been used (like for regular dining you must have used 1 table, 1 quick, and 1 snack for everyone in the party). This can be done at the home resort front desk location and you can't add more coupons than you originally had to start with.

Rates will vary by package type and have not been released yet. The package still expires at midnight the day of departure and can not be extended. The packages still can't be added upon arrival and must be done three days prior to arrival just like before.

This is all the information released to far. Expect more when the official announcement comes out tomorrow.

Computer Magic

Interesting, this could work for me (if I'm understanding correctly). After day two of my trip, I can add 2 TS, 2 QS and 2 Snacks. This could pay for the extra money I was going to spend on Candlelight Processional and 2 QS.

Now to determine what is cheaper cash or plan.

disneydata

Original Poster
Interesting, this could work for me (if I'm understanding correctly). After day two of my trip, I can add 2 TS, 2 QS and 2 Snacks. This could pay for the extra money I was going to spend on Candlelight Processional and 2 QS.

Now to determine what is cheaper cash or plan.
As I understand it, it can be WHENEVER after you check in and have used AT LEAST a full day's coupons. It could be the same day if you use them that fast, but it can only be a full set at a time.

Rob562

Interesting... So another way of putting it would be that you're buying dining credits for MORE nights than you're actually staying, but they have to be purchased in complete sets (of whichever plan you have), and there has to be at least one empty "slot" to add these additional credits into.

Interesting... My guess is that the charge will be the same as a regular night's cost for credits, though perhaps they'll give a slight discount. (I can't see it costing MORE than the regular price-per-night)

-Rob

wizards8507

I can't imagine this will be cost effective. The signature dining experiences are already the worst value on the DDP and they're really the only reason to do this. The dinner shows have value, but, for the most part, you're not going to get a meal that's TWICE as expensive at a "regular" (non-show) signature restaurant than at a standard sit down.

Example
Filet Mignon at California Grill $44
Buffet at Boma $31

Assuming drinks and desert are roughly the same price at each, would you really use TWO credits on the CG meal when Boma is only one? IMO, if you plan on doing signature dining, your best bet is to keep of the DDP rather than extend it.

meganw1985

I would think about doing this, but only if you could "reload" with whatever you want. I wouldn't need that many QS, but it would be nice to add 2 extra TS...

CarlFredricksen

So for my trip next year, would I be able to stay the first night at POP or somewhere cheap with 1 day of dining plan, then add 6 more days worth to the plan as I transition my stay to the Swan/Dolphin for the rest of the week????

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So for my trip next year, would I be able to stay the first night at POP or somewhere cheap with 1 day of dining plan, then add 6 more days worth to the plan as I transition my stay to the Swan/Dolphin for the rest of the week????
No, because according to the plan rules your credits all expire at midnight the day you check out of Pop.

muteki

This could be potentially pretty awesome, but I think the cost will be high. Fingers crossed it is reasonable. An extra TS or 2 for a flat rate would be nice.

mousefan1972

Can you add just one of the entitlements? Or 2 out of 3? For example, we always run out of snacks and could use another TS or 2. But we'd have no use for more CS credits. So could we add more TS and snacks only? Or is it all or nothing?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Can you add just one of the entitlements? Or 2 out of 3? For example, we always run out of snacks and could use another TS or 2. But we'd have no use for more CS credits. So could we add more TS and snacks only? Or is it all or nothing?
Based on what I am reading you reload a full day of credits. You can't add just snack credits or TS credits. It has to be the full day. Looks to me to be a way of adjusting for having to use two credits for some of the higher end places.

Makes me think we might see more places than just Le Celliar going to two credits.

mousefan1972

Based on what I am reading you reload a full day of credits. You can't add just snack credits or TS credits. It has to be the full day. Looks to me to be a way of adjusting for having to use two credits for some of the higher end places.

Makes me think we might see more places than just Le Celliar going to two credits.

It would seem that way, yes. It will be interesting to see the prices.

Computer Magic

Bingo...I see the Mexican and Italian places in Epcot going to 2 very soon. This seems like a interm plan for when people run out of credits. I see a Signature plan coming into play at some point. or maybe even you purchase as many Disney Plan credits you want like tickets. Maybe even a tier approach? The cost goes down as you purchase more? I don't like these ideas as its a way for Disney to milk more money out of us, but I know that is the Disney way.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Bingo...I see the Mexican and Italian places in Epcot going to 2 very soon. This seems like a interm plan for when people run out of credits. I see a Signature plan coming into play at some point. or maybe even you purchase as many Disney Plan credits you want like tickets. Maybe even a tier approach? The cost goes down as you purchase more? I don't like these ideas as its a way for Disney to milk more money out of us, but I know that is the Disney way.

It's a way to effectively raise the price of meals. Would not surprise me to see most sit downs in theme parks go to two credits. The resort and DTD sit downs remain as one.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sounds like an interesting, and potentially good, plan to me. But, like the others, I do have some concern over more and more restaurants going to the higher credit level, to say nothing of the Luau and HDDR.....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I haven't used the DDP for years. TiW is better for me and this certainly won't change that.:shrug:

bhg469

I will wait until i hear rates but I really would like a way to just add a ts point so we could do one signature meal on our trip while still being able to have a ts meal every other night while not having to add counter service as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom