Disney Dining Experience worth it??

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Was wondering for those who have done or have the DDE is it worth it?? We do have 3 sit down meals reserved for our trip and of all of us being a total of 10 in the group. Also can my hubby just purchase himself one and it'll apply to all, such as I don't need to get one for myself ??? Please any advice would be great .. Also, We don't apply for the free dining because we're DVC and can't get it....Thanks in advance..

Nemo14

One membership covers up to 10 people, according to All Ears:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE is a dining discount program for eligible Florida Residents and Annual Passholders 21 and older good for 20 percent off food and beverage at a number of Walt Disney World Resort hotel and theme park restaurants and lounges. The discount is good for up to 10 persons in your party. (Prior to 2005, the DDE, as it is commonly called, was only open to Florida residents.)

-- General Membership (Florida Residents ONLY): $85.00
-- Annual/Seasonal Passholders' Rate: $60.00
-- Florida Resident (non-Passholder) Renewals: $70.00 (for existing memberships received within 30 days of expiration date)
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $25 more.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It would pay for itself easily with one use for 10 people.

[/FONT]

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
By all means get it. Not only do you get the 20% discount at TS restaurants there are a select few CS restaurants that honor it. Those would include the CS restaurants at AK as well as the food courts at the values and at times the food courts at both PO resorts. The free valet parking and free admission to Atlantic Dance Hall is a nice perk as well.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
By all means get it. Not only do you get the 20% discount at TS restaurants there are a select few CS restaurants that honor it. Those would include the CS restaurants at AK as well as the food courts at the values and at times the food courts at both PO resorts. The free valet parking and free admission to Atlantic Dance Hall is a nice perk as well.

Oh, did not know that some CS places accept it as well.....Have to talk to hubby about it.... we're a family of four traveling with others so we are doing more table service sthan before...so this might be great...Is Rainforest covered under the 20% too?? Have to check.

Rob562

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $25 more.[/FONT]

Just a note about the second membership... If you will be eating all of your Table Service meals together, you don't need to go to the expense of two cards. But if you'll be splitting up or are a local couple who could possibly be visiting the park without their spouse, the second card is needed.

-Rob

shoppingnut

Oh, did not know that some CS places accept it as well.....Have to talk to hubby about it.... we're a family of four traveling with others so we are doing more table service sthan before...so this might be great...Is Rainforest covered under the 20% too?? Have to check.

No Rainforest isn't covered, but if I recall there might be a 10% DVC discount.

KnK

We have gotten it the past couple of years and yes, it is very worth it.

We decided not to get it this year because it was not going to be as cost effective for us.

When I did the math, it was only going to save us about $22.00 this year in savings. Not worth spending $60 to save only $22.00.

It was the tip issue that made the difference for us. Also, we are only a part of 2, it would make a big difference for larger groups.

davinakb

Totally worth it. We like wine and signature dining, so we save big. One party of 8 at Jiko, and we were in the black. FYI: the bill has to be one check to receive the discount, so make sure you work that out with the group ahead of time, keep the receipt to settle accounts later. FWIW.

EmOhYouEssE

It was the tip issue that made the difference for us. Also, we are only a part of 2, it would make a big difference for larger groups.

I guess I don't understand this statement. Were you not tipping the servers prior to the implementation of the auto 18% gratuity for DDE users?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I guess I don't understand this statement. Were you not tipping the servers prior to the implementation of the auto 18% gratuity for DDE users?
Lots of people seem to think that saving 20% but paying 18% tip means they "only" save 2% and therefore it isn't worth it. They invariably either forget that they would tip anyway or are so cheap that they don't tip at all. :rolleyes:

HollyBelle

We have been using the DDE for the past three years and wouldn't dream of not getting it. Even as a party of two the card easily pays for itself in a couple of days. That being said, we do table service for some breakfasts, all lunches and all dinners. And I don't know if it matters to your party or not, but alcohol is included in the discount... which a big savings (for us winos, anyway!).

And as far as the addition of 18%, it didn't bother us at all. We would always leave 20% anyway. We kind of look at it as getting a table service meal without having to tip because we leave our server the 20% we saved, meaning our total is what it would have been pre-tip.

EmOhYouEssE

And as far as the addition of 18%, it didn't bother us at all. We would always leave 20% anyway. We kind of look at it as getting a table service meal without having to tip because we leave our server the 20% we saved, meaning our total is what it would have been pre-tip.

That's how I look at it too. I don't understand the reasoning of it not being a savings if people normally tip:shrug:. I think monty is a carpenter because it seems he hit the nail on the head with his post :animwink:.

Em

mouseinthesouth

It depends on if you can get reservations at the places you want to dine. If you buy the DDP and you are not able to get a reservation then IMHO it's not worth it. Plus why would you want to be tied down to where you have to eat. I prefer a vacation that is not so structured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom