Disney Dining Experience Card

mrtoad

Original Poster
Just wanted to give those a heads up who either have the card or thought about getting it.

No matter if they place you are eating is on the list or not, ask if you can use it. When we stayed at POR the food court is not listed as giving a discount yet we got it everytime.

hcswingfield

mrtoad said:
Just wanted to give those a heads up who either have the card or thought about getting it.

No matter if they place you are eating is on the list or not, ask if you can use it. When we stayed at POR the food court is not listed as giving a discount yet we got it everytime.

Thanks for the tip!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yes, thanks a lot! I'm arriving on Wednesday and my card should be waiting at Epcot for me to pick up. I'll definitely try it everywhere, can't hurt to ask. BTW, though, I think that all of the hotel dining facilities are included, even food courts--that's how I got confused, thinking I could use it anywhere that wasn't a food cart :eek: but I think that the quick-service places at the parks are not included. Won't be long before I know for sure! :sohappy:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Tiggerish said:
Yes, thanks a lot! I'm arriving on Wednesday and my card should be waiting at Epcot for me to pick up. I'll definitely try it everywhere, can't hurt to ask. BTW, though, I think that all of the hotel dining facilities are included, even food courts--that's how I got confused, thinking I could use it anywhere that wasn't a food cart :eek: but I think that the quick-service places at the parks are not included. Won't be long before I know for sure! :sohappy:

The way it is supose to work is if you resort does not have a full service place to eat then the food court will accept it. The All-Stars, Pop, POFQ are suppose to but POR was not on the list for their food court but still accepted it. Even is we went for just a bottle of powerade they gave us the 20% off.

I guess just ask everywhere, all they can say is it is not accepted there.

Enjoy your trip!

mrtoad

Original Poster
This is what is listed as accepting the card:

Participating Restaurants and Lounges in the DDE as of January 2005:

All-Star Movies Resort
World Premiere Food Court

All-Star Music Resort
Intermission Food Court

All-Star Sports Resort
End Zone Food Court

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma-Flavors of Africa
Jiko-The Cooking Place
Victoria Falls

Beach Club Resort
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
(excludes take-out shop)
Cape May Cafe
Martha’s Vineyard Lounge
Rip Tide Lounge

BoardWalk
Bellevue Lounge
ESPN Club
Flying Fish Cafe
Spoodles

Bonnet Creek Golf Club

Sand Trap Bar & Grill

Caribbean Beach Resort
Shutters at Old Port Royale

Contemporary Resort
California Grill
Chef Mickey’s Restaurant
Concourse Steakhouse
Outer Rim Lounge

Coronado Springs Resort
Maya Grill

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. Show Only)
Trail's End Restaurant

Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

1900 Park Fare
Cítricos
Garden View Lounge
Grand Floridian Cafe
Mizner's Lounge
Narcoossee's
Victoria & Albert's (excluding Chef's Table)

Old Key West Resort
Olivia's Cafe

Polynesian Resort
'Ohana
Kona Cafe
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late Show Only)
Tambu Lounge

Pop Century Resort
Everything Pop Shopping and Dining
Classic Concoctions

Port Orleans Resort
Riverside:
Boatwright's Dining Hall
River Roost
French Quarter:
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food
Factory
Scat Cat's Club

Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Artist's Palette
The Turf Club

Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point
Territory Lounge
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Yacht Club Resort
Ale and Compass Lounge
Crews Cup Lounge
Yacht Club Galley
Yachtsman Steakhouse

DOWNTOWN DISNEY Marketplace

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant

DOWNTOWN DISNEY West Side
Wolfgang Puck Café
Planet Hollywood

Epcot
Biergarten Restaurant
Bistro de Paris Restaurant
Chefs de France Restaurant
Coral Reef Restaurant
L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Restaurant Akershus
Restaurant Marrakesh
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
San Angel Inn Restaurante
The Garden Grill Restaurant

Disney-MGM Studios
50's Prime Time Cafe
Hollywood & Vine
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Tune-In Lounge

Magic Kingdom
Cinderella's Royal Table
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace
The Plaza Restaurant
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Animal Kingdom
Tusker House Restaurant
Pizzafari
Flame Tree Barbecue
Restaurantosaurus

Disney’s Wide World of Sports
Official All-Star Cafe

Entertainment & Dancing:

DOWNTOWN DISNEY Pleasure Island:
Half price admission to Pleasure Island Clubs for members and guest

Atlantic Dance Hall - Disney’s BoardWalk:
Admission is free for members and guest

lamarvenoy

This weekend I'm going on a 5 day mini-vacation with the in-laws and out-laws. We are hitting alot of highend dining with a party of 7-10. This weekend's use of the card should save us at least a couple of hundred bucks.This is by far the coolest program I've used.I am really impressed with the fact that liquor is included also the bars listed.

s25843

Tiggerish said:

When I got the card, they said it was impossible for me to pick the actual card at a themepark. I was able to get a verification letter, but the card had to be mailed. Did they change it?

Pioneer Hall

Thanks for the advice, I didn't even try it at Captain Cooks in the Polynesian because it wasn't listed. I know the Theme Park Quick Serve (except for AK) will not give you any discounts.

mrtoad

Original Poster
DisneyInsider said:
Thanks for the advice, I didn't even try it at Captain Cooks in the Polynesian because it wasn't listed. I know the Theme Park Quick Serve (except for AK) will not give you any discounts.

I was turned down at places in the park but asked anyway as you never know. Even though we bought the refillable mugs at POR we still bought a lot of powerade and water while there as it was so hot on this past trip. The card really made it a little easier to swallow.

disneygirl_wdw

s25843 said:
When I got the card, they said it was impossible for me to pick the actual card at a themepark. I was able to get a verification letter, but the card had to be mailed. Did they change it?

I know we did that in June. We have already got our money's worth just with the letter. It's nice to have. We will be going back in October with our card. :sohappy:

Nut4Disney

We stayed at POR in June, and used it to purchase refillable mugs. It depends on what line you go through. One person wouldn't accept it towards the mugs, but the cashier in the other line would.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I don't think they're supposed to give you the discount, since I've tried it in various Resort QSFB locations and have been denied each and every time. Perhaps they were just being nice?

mrtoad

Original Poster
mkt said:
I don't think they're supposed to give you the discount, since I've tried it in various Resort QSFB locations and have been denied each and every time. Perhaps they were just being nice?

I was able to use it everytime. Not sure why. I think it is because POFQ and POR are kind of attached and share the same mugs. Maybe they do it for that reason but don't know.

Moustronaut

luvmybrit said:
I am new so please forgive me for asking... but how does one get a Disney Dining Experience Card?
If you are an annual passholder or a florida resident, you can join the Disney Dining Experience by calling the DDE office at 407-939-3463. If not, buy an annual pass or move to florida and then call 407-939-3463.

Nut4Disney

mkt said:

I don't think they are supposed to either, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom