Disney Dining Experience Card questions

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
It looks like we may be able to pull off 2 trips within a 12 month period (yes!!) so I was going to get an annual pass. I was also trying to find some information on the DDE card I can get with an AP, but still had a few questions. Hopefully someone here can help:

I was planning on purchasing the AP when we get to WDW. But, I read it can take 4-6 wks to get the DDE so I need to get it ahead of time. So, can I still get the DDE card ahead of time or do I have to have a AP voucher purchased first? I can easily purchase a voucher early if I need to. Worse yet, do I have to have an active AP to order it? I cetainly don't want to have to activate my AP more than a month before my trip!

How long is the DDE card good for? I mean, is it good for 1 yr from purchase or 1 year from first use? This can make a difference since I have to order it ahead of time.

For those of you who have used the DDE I would love your feedback on it. I love the idea that I can also save money for my entire group since on my 2nd trip my Dad and Step-Mom will be with us :animwink:

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Jen Jen

SOME answers =0)

I don't know if you have to have an AP voucher. I did when I ordered mine, and they did ask for the numbers and stuff. I do know that it's cheaper with the voucher, but you definitely do not have to have an activated AP. They account for the 4-6 week delivery time in the expiration date, so expiration is usually about a year from when you receive it. However, I've heard (no experience with this) that if you order late, you can have it set up for pick up at one of the parks? resort hotel? something like that instead of having it mailed. Hope this helps some! :xmas:

Sloan

temporary card / letter

You should be able to order it at the discounted rate with the AP voucher, and can pick up a temporary 'letter' authorization at Guest Services @ EPCOT (at least that's where we got ours), then a temporary card, and finally you'll get the 'permanent' card in the mail. It's a great thing to have - paid for itself and then some the very first short trip we had it, and has since done so many times over.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will need do get your voucher before you order your DDE card. You must order the DDE card before you leave for your trip. It can not be ordered at guest services or at your resort it is only available by calling (407) 566-5858. They will send you a conformation e-mail that you can use until the card arrives. Have them send it to an e-mail account that you can access anywhere like yahoo or gmail just in case you loose the letter on your trip.

The card expires 1 year from date of purchase however they were adding about 1 to 2 months to that time because of the 4-6 week processing time. The 4-6 week processing time has also been shortened since they initially offered it to passholders so the 1 to 2 month extension may no long be applied to the card.

Thee DDE card is without a doubt the best $50 I have ever sent. With a wife and 3 kids it took me less than a weekend to break even.

Here is the current resturant list.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge, Rip Tide Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort - California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Restaurant
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Everything Pop Shopping and Dining and Classic Concoctions
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - The Artist's Palette, The Turf Club
Disney's Wide World of Sports™ - Official All-Star Cafe
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Yacht Club Galley, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® - Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® - West Side - Wolfgang Puck® Cafe, Planet Hollywood®
Epcot® - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurant, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park - The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island*
Half-price admission for each Club Member, except for specially priced events.
Atlantic Dance Hall - Disney's BoardWalk
Admission is free for members and guest.

Yanks07

My personal experience was that when I called for my DDE and told them that I was a passholder,(which I am) they did not ask me for any verification. They E-mailed me a voucher which I printed and brought with me. I recieved my card about 2 mos. later. I think it is good for 14 mos. or so. (can`t remember exactly, but more than 1 yr.) Savings are well worth it. I go with 7 and avg. about $200 savings for the 8 day trip we take every year. Just don`t forget to use it! :wave:

shoppingnut

Master Yoda said:
Have them send it to an e-mail account that you can access anywhere like yahoo or gmail just in case you loose the letter on your trip.

I would make an extra copy or two of the letter and leave them in the hotel room, so you'll have them right at hand in case you do lose the other letter or the restaurant forgets to give it back to you.

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
Wow! Thanks everyone! :wave:

It really sounds like a good deal, especially since even the resort eateries are included.

The extra tips are very helpful, will make a few copies of the letter and will order my voucher ahead of time.........

RPMdfw

Also, if you're driving to one of the resorts for dinner, make sure you flash your card to the valet. With DDE, valet parking is no charge.

That's a huge savings in and of itself . . .

RickEff

I see the questions have been answered, but let me add my praise for DDE!

Absolutely the best $50 I ever spent at Disney. The fact that it also includes alcohol at the restaurants helps save some money too!

I'll never be without it. For me it's a better deal than the Dining Plan. I like the freedom of not necessarily having every single meal on site, but usually when I do it's a table service meal I want. That works out perfectly with the DDE Card.

IlovyensiD

We ordered our DDE card while at the Magic Kingdom. We called the number and told them we were already at the park. A temporary letter was at Epcot Guest Relations the next day after 1pm. They did not ask for our AP number. We got our permenent card in the mail about 8 weeks later. We even ate at the Crystal Palace that day and the manager was nice enough to call and verify that we paid for our DDE card and gave us the discount that same day even though we did not have the letter yet. The magic of Disney CMs.:sohappy:

imamouse

Cinderella's Royal Table will no longer accept the DDE card after the first of the year when they change their dining format to all character dining with fixed price menus.

But don't let that stop you from ordering the DDE card. Like others here, mine paid for itself in a few days.

shoppingnut

imamouse said:
Cinderella's Royal Table will no longer accept the DDE card after the first of the year when they change their dining format to all character dining with fixed price menus.

But don't let that stop you from ordering the DDE card. Like others here, mine paid for itself in a few days.

The change at CRT is taking place on February 1, 2006.

I totally agree that that should not stop anyone from ordering the DDE card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom