Disney Details

fractal

Original Poster
i-rJcBcLr-X2.jpg

Zipadeelady

@Zipitidoda - you should be able to get a similar shot using the 16-50mm zoom. Get fairly close and set the zoom (focal) length to 19mm or so.
I got to play around with the camera last night and learned how to blur the background and get a great picture on my 50mm 1.8. Still having trouble figuring some things out but I'll get there. (my focus on the 55-210mm needs a lot of work) Manual is a lot harder than I thought.:oops:

C&D

I got to play around with the camera last night and learned how to blur the background and get a great picture on my 50mm 1.8. Still having trouble figuring some things out but I'll get there. (my focus on the 55-210mm needs a lot of work) Manual is a lot harder than I thought.:oops:
A good rule of thumb is, the smaller the aperture (higher the f-stop) the longer the focal length. And consequently, the larger the aperture setting (lowered number f-stop) the shorter the focal length (blurring background). So usually, the control of the shot, after setting f-stop is to vary the shutter speed (to get the desired lighting). Hope this helps, and if you already knew this............never mind. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom