News Disney+ Day 2022 at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"We’re making it blue once again at Disney Parks as we celebrate Disney+ Day on Sept. 8! You’re invited to “plus” up your day with special offerings and fan-favorite fun.

Mornings at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California will be “plussed” up with early entry pixie dust! Disney+ subscribers and their travel party with valid admission and reservations are once again invited to enter the theme parks at Disneyland Resort* and Walt Disney World Resort 30 minutes before regular park opening.

To capture the memories of this special day, subscribers can also enjoy complimentary Disney PhotoPass photo downloads at select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Disneyland Resort theme parks that day.

We’re also excited to share that in celebration of Disney+ Day, on Sept. 8 only, guests staying in select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels and Hotels of the Disneyland Resort (with valid admission and a reservation) will have the opportunity to enter 60 minutes before regular park open at any Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort theme parks.

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort, celebrate Disney+ Day with Disney+ character meet-and-greets and cavalcades, “plus” more surprises throughout the day (valid theme park admission and Disney’s Hollywood Studios park reservation required). The fun doesn’t end there! Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can wind down with a special Disney+ screening at Movie Under the Stars."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details on the day at Hollywood Studios -

SCHEDULE (subject to change without notice):
  • 4:00 a.m. - First wave of audience for Good morning America taping enters the park
  • 7:30 a.m. - Second wave of audience enters the park
  • 8:00 a.m. - Park opens to Resort Guests
  • 8:30 a.m. - Park opens to Disney+ Guests
  • 9:00 a.m. - Park opens to normal Day Guests
SPECIAL DISNEY+ OFFERINGS:
  • 30-minute early park entry for Disney+ Subscribers (Resort Guests will enter 30 minute prior to that)
  • Complimentary Disney+ Ear Hats (distributed for the entire day or until they are all distributed)
  • Complimentary Disney PhotoPass downloads (select locations for Disney+ Subscribers)
  • Complimentary Disney+ Buttons (distributed all day)
  • Special Disney+ Motorcade
  • Character sightings
  • Special AR Lens featuring Groot (Disney+ Subscriber-exclusive photo locations with Magic Shots / props and complimentary downloads for subscribers)
  • Touchpoint color/sound FX (Unique light/sound sequence) at touchpoints throughout the day.
  • Specialty Disney+ Day Dessert Offerings
  • Blue Disney+ ground decals and banners at Park Entrance and on Hollywood Blvd
ENTERTAINMENT:
Disney PhotoPass Complimentary Magic Shot Download Locations (ONLY for Disney+ Subscribers):
  • Echo Lake (Groot Magic Shot and D+ Props)
  • Souk gate (LO-LA Magic Shot)
Disney + Motorcade Overlay:
Motorcades at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:40 p.m., 2:50 p.m., 3:50 p.m., and 5:10 p.m. featuring Mickey & Minnie, Tiana, Mirabel, Rescue Ranger, and Pixar Pals

Character Sightings (in addition to characters regularly meeting Guests in other areas of the park):
  • R2D2 (at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Garage): throughout the day from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • Chip n’ Dale Rescue Rangers (Adventure Outpost): throughout the day from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • Goofy and Max (Mickey & Minnie Runaway railway Courtyard, near the fountain on the right): throughout the day from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Lightning McQueen Dance Party:
The courtyard in front of Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy comes alive with an energized dance party. A DJ spins fun lively tunes from the deck of their tricked-out futuristic vehicle, while party activators keep guests moving and grooving in a celebration of Disney Pixar’s Cars. Running continuously from 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

FOOD & BEVERAGE OFFERING:

ABC Commissary/PizzeRizzo/Trolley Car Café: Disney+ Themed chocolate coins will be added to an existing dessert at these 3 locations.

drew81

Mirabel, who should be meeting at WDW for daily ops, is now limited to cavalcades and random crap like this.

WDW should be embarrassed. A character who is extremely popular and sells a ton of merch is destined for a Disney+ one-off.

The people at the top making these decisions should actually go out and speak with guests who visit WDW.

Cmdr_Crimson

Mirabel, who should be meeting at WDW for daily ops, is now limited to cavalcades and random crap like this.

WDW should be embarrassed. A character who is extremely popular and sells a ton of merch is destined for a Disney+ one-off.

The people at the top making these decisions should actually go out and speak with guests who visit WDW.
This is why they should really retheme Frozen sing a long to Encanto instead...Frozen overstayed it's welcome in DHS and should just now stick to Epcot..
4911919fd306441b5ef04cf36400921e54798c20.gif

WorldExplorer

Okay, so only those three character "sightings" and normal meet and greets?

Why is it only sightings? We hardly ever get rare characters and when we do they're the watered down version where you don't get to actually meet?

No reason to go, based on this.

More than they did for the opening day of the 50th. LO (and I can't stress this enough) L

Every time I see this big streaming service "celebration" advertised I think about Mickey and Minnie's birthday last year, where there was just a free button (I believe solely in Disney Springs).

Last edited:

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
Why are they still limiting Mirabel to just cavalcades and yet they ain't giving her a meet at WDW yet..., this is why they should had never closed the animation building to put in Star Wars Launch Bay which made no sense to keep once Galaxy's Edge opened in 2019, and since then the newer animated stars haven't been doing daily meet and greets in the long-term, despite WDW being more popular than Disneyland

It would be a miracle if they announce a Mirabel M&G for Magic Kingdom at D23 by popular demand(hey I can dream can I?)

MrPromey

I waited to respond, I didn't want to be the first to post about the utter "meh" of all of this. Uninspired and bland, which is very similar to the uninspired and bland potato in charge of the company. Maybe if they put a beard on this, that will make it more interesting? 🤔

So when Disney+ "sponsors" this, do they take money out of that money-losing division to pay for all of this which, presumably, was stripped from their money-making divisions (like parks and resorts) or does Parks and Resorts just foot the bill, directly?

I guess what I'm asking is, are we getting this instead of better she-hulk cg or is this a reason to up prices for things around property again?.. or both?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So when Disney+ "sponsors" this, do they take money out of that money-losing division to pay for all of this which, presumably, was stripped from their money-making divisions (like parks and resorts) or does Parks and Resorts just foot the bill, directly?

I guess what I'm asking is, are we getting this instead of better she-hulk cg or is this a reason to up prices for things around property again?.. or both?
As far as I know anything like this is paid for by the sponsoring division, so Disney+ marketing would foot the bill for this.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Not likely. The $127 Disney+ has spent on this "event" wouldn’t have gone far in the CGI budget.

Remember - Disney doesn’t want more people to visit the parks, so this isn’t a synergistic theme park marketing and activation opportunity, and they aren’t trying to measure how many D+ subscribers come to the parks with the “special” 30 minutes of extra park time. They are only trying to “reward” existing subscribers who just happen to be there (seriously, that’s all this is) and (hopefully) sell more D+ subs so Bob can make more performance bonus goals. Just like the news that D+ subscribers can book special deals on Disney Cruise Line - They aren't trying to generate more business for the parks or cruise line, they are just allowing synergistic activation opportunities for those who subscribe to D+.

;)

dreday3

Did anyone read the rumor about starting tomorrow Disney Plus subscribers will be offered discounts on the cruiselines and room stays at WDW/Disneyland resort? States will start for holidays but may turn into a permanent rolling discount (with changes)?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Did anyone read the rumor about starting tomorrow Disney Plus subscribers will be offered discounts on the cruiselines and room stays at WDW/Disneyland resort? States will start for holidays but may turn into a permanent rolling discount (with changes)?
This one?

Or something else?

jpeden

In the Parks
No

it was my reading of it that D+ subscribers will have access to a perpetual discount on DCL and at WDW. I emailed my travel agent and that is her understanding as well, but of course they don’t have the details on it yet from Disney - the full details come out tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom