Disney cutting back on hammocks? The poly beach is a disaster area :(

DisneyDebNJ

Hiya, Deb!
Something came to mind, that I should have remembered before. With all the conjecture, even after the news and drawings from a few days ago.
In "Cranium Command", a great point is made by the character, General Knowledge-
"One lesson that Captain Buzzy learns from his training exercise is one we can all appreciate (and should remember): "Real stress or imagined stress, it doesn't matter beans to your body crew. They can't tell the difference, only you can."
Maybe the Eeyores should take note.
So true! (I do miss that show!)
I do agree with most all of the comments - maybe the DO folks will listen, especially about the fountain.
You have been "spot on"!!
Bill
Bill, so true!!!!!!!!!!! I will admit, I cant wait to see the *new* Poly! And I have to agree with @Polydweller ... the ambiance of the Poly changing, hopefully it won't change... I honestly think thats my biggest fear

DisneyDebNJ

No cutting back. It's just part of the construction. That's why I'd wait a year or so until it's finished.;)
Beth I honestly considered staying at another resort, just doesnt feel the same, not by a long shot. Back in 2007, we stayed at the GF (gorgeous resort, dont get me wrong...) I pined for the Poly (which had no availability) the entire vacation. All of our wdwmagic Poly lovers made some very valid points, and in all honesty, the only way to ensure not having to look over a construction site, is to book TPV in either Tuvulu or go concierge and go back to the Hawaii building. I just dont think I want to risk booking Concierge right now, I want to see for myself, how the view is affected.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hiya, Deb!
Something came to mind, that I should have remembered before. With all the conjecture, even after the news and drawings from a few days ago.
In "Cranium Command", a great point is made by the character, General Knowledge-
"One lesson that Captain Buzzy learns from his training exercise is one we can all appreciate (and should remember): "Real stress or imagined stress, it doesn't matter beans to your body crew. They can't tell the difference, only you can."
I do agree with most all of the comments - maybe the DO folks will listen, especially about the fountain.
Bill
We quote "Real stress or imagined stress, your body can't tell the difference" all the time!! Miss CC and Buzzy very much :cry:

RedFurredCadet

Hiya, Deb!
Bill

Hi Tuvalu,
I wonder if he and Annie ever married? If so, Buzzy probably has his own kids, going through those same challenging times growing up! And, I would wish them well!
http://www.yesterland.com/cranium.html
Bill

What a legacy ;u;7

Polydweller

Beth I honestly considered staying at another resort, just doesnt feel the same, not by a long shot. Back in 2007, we stayed at the GF (gorgeous resort, dont get me wrong...) I pined for the Poly (which had no availability) the entire vacation. All of our wdwmagic Poly lovers made some very valid points, and in all honesty, the only way to ensure not having to look over a construction site, is to book TPV in either Tuvulu or go concierge and go back to the Hawaii building. I just dont think I want to risk booking Concierge right now, I want to see for myself, how the view is affected.
Risk CL but book TPV. That will get you third floor which is what we are doing in Oct. There are now pictures available (I think Tikiman has some) taken from the third floor and the bungalows do not obstruct 3rd floor level views. Most of 2nd floor looks ok for LV. What will be affected is 1st floor, especially the east end. Also, the heavy construction has moved further to the east and will be more around Tahiti by summer.

DisneyDebNJ

Risk CL but book TPV. That will get you third floor which is what we are doing in Oct. There are now pictures available (I think Tikiman has some) taken from the third floor and the bungalows do not obstruct 3rd floor level views. Most of 2nd floor looks ok for LV. What will be affected is 1st floor, especially the east end. Also, the heavy construction has moved further to the east and will be more around Tahiti by summer.
Thats exactly what I may do too. Had to change my dates, right smack in the middle of Halloween LOL.... so much for lower crowds PLUS I keep hitting Jersey week, and I'm from Jersey.. ugh

DisneyDebNJ

Why are people still staying at Poly now? Hasn't adequate word gotten out on just how terrible it is with the construction? Why waste your money?
Yes, adequate word has gotten out and I guess to some visitors, like myself, would rather stay at the Poly than somewhere else and wish they were at the Poly. Most time is spent in the parks during the day and at night, no construction is going on. :)

ToTBellHop

Yes, adequate word has gotten out and I guess to some visitors, like myself, would rather stay at the Poly than somewhere else and wish they were at the Poly. Most time is spent in the parks during the day and at night, no construction is going on. :)
That's all good and well, I just find $600/night pretty steep if it is "just a bed". To each their own, of course, but I find people choosing to visit Poly now and then complaining about conditions to be a bit absurd. If you can live with excavators and (apparently) no hammocks, more power to you.

DisneyDebNJ

That's all good and well, I just find $600/night pretty steep if it is "just a bed". To each their own, of course, but I find people choosing to visit Poly now and then complaining about conditions to be a bit absurd. If you can live with excavators and (apparently) no hammocks, more power to you.
Yep, agree. In my case, I certainly didn't mean to come off as complaining, apologize... I guess its kind of a *I cant see paying for Concierge again without seeing the view myself beforhand", I could have booked anywhere else, but in the end, I guess I was also sure I wouldnt be as happy anywhere else. There are things I will miss, we all will.

mebucko

Why are people still staying at Poly now? Hasn't adequate word gotten out on just how terrible it is with the construction? Why waste your money?
Hello ISTCNavigator57,
Appreciate your opinion, but have you read ANY post from ANYONE whose vacation was ACTUALLY ruined by the construction?? Please cite and quote. The only negatives are pure speculation and opinion. Not one person, who has stayed there has supported your assertions, and if someone chooses to "waste" their money, that is solely their business, not yours! And if they want to choose where they stay and spend their money, based on the way it MIGHT be, fine. It has absolutely no effect on you and what you do, and it is presumptuous to question the decisions of others.
Have a great evening.
Bill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom