Disney Customer Service Giving me the Run Around

Underh1llRN

Original Poster
Prior to starting a family, my wife and I thoughtfully made the decision that we wanted to visit WDW 3-5 times within a year. We crunched the numbers and consulted our calendars and made the decision to purchase APs, as it would be financially beneficial to us as opposed to buying individual tickets for each trip (as one would imagine). We knew that in the fall, or starting school year calendar in August 2020, that we wouldn't be able to go anymore. So, last October (2019), we purchased our APs and made our first visit. We again visited Christmas week 2019. Our thoughts moving forward were that we would go by ourselves again in mid-March and then again in May with some friends for a week and then that would be the last time we use our APs.

Coronavirus happened and shut down our two planned trips (as it did with many other people). While disappointed about not being able to go, we understood that this was something that could not be avoided. We assumed Disney would come up with a plan to extend passes or compensate APs appropriately for missed months and even for canceling their passes totally.

I believe, that because I purchased APs specifically to receive the benefits that come with them, that I should be appropriately compensated for the product and services that I was promised to receive and did not. I believe that I should be fully compensated from the time WDW shut down until the end of my APs, in October 2020, which would be roughly 7 months. So far, Disney has been super vague about compensation and even pass extensions even with their notifications. I would expect Disney, at the very least, to follow Shanghai Disney's model where APs are extended the amount of months that the parks are not 100% open. However, this is not the case for WDW APs.

While at work today, my wife spent nearly 4 hours on hold and being jerked around by completely incompetent Disney customer service agents. I am aware that with Florida's current spike in covid19 cases, that Disney may be rethinking it's reopening date, but these agents weren't able to answer any of our questions and even suggested that we go ahead and cancel our passes and then call back when a definite plan has been announced by Disney. Like that would really turn out positive in our favor...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You got screwed...but that’s just how this year will be remembered.

You’ll be able to get a partial extension...or partial refund. But that’s as far as it will go. Disney is a mass audience meat market. They make money off numbers, not “personalized service”. You’ll see tons of koolaid out there on that.

The reality is they’re in a situation they never game planned at all. There’s no “invisible killer” in the hurricane rideout crew handbook. So it’s tough all the way around and we’re all in this mess together.

That said - they haven’t really done too much for loyalty customers...I believe because they really don’t want to be open till this is gone. Their policies tell me “deterrence”...and I have some experience in these matters.

But the bright side? You’ll be back more quickly than you think after kids...and that doesn't happen always on the calendar down to the minute...so time is sometimes on your side more than you think.

Good luck anyway.

Underh1llRN

Original Poster
Disney already said that guest wanting to cancel their pass will be refunded from the closure date to your AP expiration date. They also said more info will be shared in early July on how to take action on theses options.
Do you resource material on this? Because when we talked to the customer service agents yesterday, they said that that will not be an option (refund from closure date to AP exp date). But like you said, more info may be shared publicly in early July. It really sounds like the CS agents don't even really know whats going on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you resource material on this? Because when we talked to the customer service agents yesterday, they said that that will not be an option (refund from closure date to AP exp date). But like you said, more info may be shared publicly in early July. It really sounds like the CS agents don't even really know whats going on.
They sent out notices regarding their moves periodically...but since it’s been a rolling set of circumstances, it’s not the best of communication efforts so far. They will give the refunds from what I’ve been told by those that want to sit on hold for a few hours to do it 😉

Disney callbank/guest services employees undergo minimal training...so unfortunately misinformation is common, however.

crawale

Prior to starting a family, my wife and I thoughtfully made the decision that we wanted to visit WDW 3-5 times within a year. We crunched the numbers and consulted our calendars and made the decision to purchase APs, as it would be financially beneficial to us as opposed to buying individual tickets for each trip (as one would imagine). We knew that in the fall, or starting school year calendar in August 2020, that we wouldn't be able to go anymore. So, last October (2019), we purchased our APs and made our first visit. We again visited Christmas week 2019. Our thoughts moving forward were that we would go by ourselves again in mid-March and then again in May with some friends for a week and then that would be the last time we use our APs.

Coronavirus happened and shut down our two planned trips (as it did with many other people). While disappointed about not being able to go, we understood that this was something that could not be avoided. We assumed Disney would come up with a plan to extend passes or compensate APs appropriately for missed months and even for canceling their passes totally.

I believe, that because I purchased APs specifically to receive the benefits that come with them, that I should be appropriately compensated for the product and services that I was promised to receive and did not. I believe that I should be fully compensated from the time WDW shut down until the end of my APs, in October 2020, which would be roughly 7 months. So far, Disney has been super vague about compensation and even pass extensions even with their notifications. I would expect Disney, at the very least, to follow Shanghai Disney's model where APs are extended the amount of months that the parks are not 100% open. However, this is not the case for WDW APs.

While at work today, my wife spent nearly 4 hours on hold and being jerked around by completely incompetent Disney customer service agents. I am aware that with Florida's current spike in covid19 cases, that Disney may be rethinking it's reopening date, but these agents weren't able to answer any of our questions and even suggested that we go ahead and cancel our passes and then call back when a definite plan has been announced by Disney. Like that would really turn out positive in our favor...
Disney are extending the passes for the time the parks were closed. I agree however that this does not compensate an AP owner who purchased believing they had a contract with Disney to be able to go to any or ALL of the parks each day if they wanted. I like many APs usually get two trips from a pass year. This makes the passes very competitive - 28 days. In fact people could go 365 days on one pass if they wished. As a customer for 35 years I am disgusted that Disney has not better compensated AP owners - even with an extension it is not the same conditions as those to which we agreed when purchasing the pass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney are extending the passes for the time the parks were closed. I agree however that this does not compensate an AP owner who purchased believing they had a contract with Disney to be able to go to any or ALL of the parks each day if they wanted. I like many APs usually get two trips from a pass year. This makes the passes very competitive - 28 days. In fact people could go 365 days on one pass if they wished. As a customer for 35 years I am disgusted that Disney has not better compensated AP owners - even with an extension it is not the same conditions as those to which we agreed when purchasing the pass.
There’s not much they can do...to be fair...

But extending 4 months does nothing unless you can travel whenever you want...which isn’t the main target audience.

Millionaire2K

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 236

Giss Neric

To you guys think these customer service agents you are talking to are from this country or they are outsourced from other countries and they just talk with an American accent.

I have talked to a lot of CS, Disney and non-Disney. Some are very helpful and knowledgeable but some clearly are just following the rule book and don't know how to rebuttal to inquiries.

I don't really rely on them. I would prefer speaking to someone personally at the parks.

Dad 2 M & M

There’s not much they can do...to be fair...

But extending 4 months does nothing unless you can travel whenever you want...which isn’t the main target audience.
The challenge, at least for my peeps is now we can have only three PARK ressies at a time. That REALLY limits our ability to travel when we want.

Wonder if TDO is hoping many will choose the refund? And further, the BESt thing now, with the extreme limitations to capacity would be the end the AP program...especially the Florida AP

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The challenge, at least for my peeps is now we can have only three PARK ressies at a time. That REALLY limits our ability to travel when we want.

Wonder if TDO is hoping many will choose the refund? And further, the BESt thing now, with the extreme limitations to capacity would be the end the AP program...especially the Florida AP
I think they are discouraging it...for the time being.

They’ll never “end” the AP program...dvc makes that impossible...

But I can see something a lot more expensive/restrictive in the future

Hcalvert

Well, I requested a partial refund when they sent the original AP email in April as our passes expire on July 8 and they have not been extended. I have renewal certificates already in my account, which enabled me to make the park reservations. They said I would get the refund sometime in July after the parks officially open. I'll be down there during that time, so I will be inquiring if necessary.
1593394084269.png

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I think they are discouraging it...for the time being.

They’ll never “end” the AP program...dvc makes that impossible...

But I can see something a lot more expensive/restrictive in the future
end would be extreme....but the expensive is legit

For all of our "simple Supply and Demand PhDs" we have around, this REALLY is a movement along the existing Supply Curve, with the Quantity Supplied reducing greatly......

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
end would be extreme....but the expensive is legit

For all of our "simple Supply and Demand PhDs" we have around, this REALLY is a movement along the existing Supply Curve, with the Quantity Supplied reducing greatly......
The simplified S&D curve never actually fit Disney parks. They operate with a brand loyalty and controlled environment that often allows them to make decisions off the simple micoecon grid.

But that’s really complicated and the younger set often speaks before they listen.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

The simplified S&D curve never actually fit Disney parks. They operate with a brand loyalty and controlled environment that often allows they to make decisions off the simple micoecon grid.

But that’s really complicated and the younger set often speaks before they listen.
right on....definitely micro here....and the QS is greatly reduced

Ben_since_1971

I don't want to be mean, but you sound entitled. 120K dead. Many millions more out of work or suffering financially. If the worst you experience from this is some decline in what you anticipated you'd get out of the AP, consider yourself lucky.

/annual passholder too.
Hey OP - read this 100 times please. Sounds to me you are being completely unreasonable in your demands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom