Original Poster
We are going on the DREAM next June.
I`m a bit confused about the tipping!!
Room Service--do we tip every day?
Dining--as we have the same staff for the trip
do we tip every day or at the end?
I`ve heard we get given envelopes?
Can someone help!!

Also--dress code--I believe one has to dress up to go to Paulos.
Is this the case for the other restaurants?
We don`t want to pack formal wear if it isn`t needed.
Thanks -in advance!!!!

DisneyJoe

- room service - tip when they deliver the food, as if you were in a hotel

- other tipping - you will get a set of envelopes the last night of the cruise with instructions

- Palo has a dress code, not formal wear, just dressy attire, jacket/tie for men, dress for women

Formal nights are only on the longer itineraries, which one are you sailing?

MarkTwain

Room service - tip when delivered

Other housekeeping - you'll get a sort of bill at the end asking for tips

Restaurants - pay at the end here also

Palo - never been

Dress code - 3 or 4 nights, the entire cruise is very casual. People show up in shorts and t-shirts to dinner. The 7 nights and up are dressier; people in shorts at dinner are less common, so I would recommend long pants for gents and skirts for ladies. On the other hand, both cruises have formal nights. On the longer cruises, people will do anything from tuxes and gowns, to suits and cocktail dresses, to wearing what you wear any other night and adding a jacket, or just skipping the whole thing entirely and spending the night at the pool. We've only been on 2 shorter cruises, both after taking several longer night cruises, but it seems like the formal night was generally ignored... at most, guys were wearing ties over a long-sleeve shirt (can't remember what the ladies were wearing). I was in khakis, a tie and a blazer and was WAY overdressed... bit of a shock after so many 7- and 10-nighters.

We went on the four day Bahama Cruise a year ago in September. We had on dress up night . I would imagine about the same on this ship. We were on the Disney Wonder. We will be on the Disney Dream in May. :wave:

Phonedave

Room service - tip when delivered

Other housekeeping - you'll get a sort of bill at the end asking for tips

Restaurants - pay at the end here also

Palo - never been

Dress code - 3 or 4 nights, the entire cruise is very casual. People show up in shorts and t-shirts to dinner. The 7 nights and up are dressier; people in shorts at dinner are less common, so I would recommend long pants for gents and skirts for ladies. On the other hand, both cruises have formal nights. On the longer cruises, people will do anything from tuxes and gowns, to suits and cocktail dresses, to wearing what you wear any other night and adding a jacket, or just skipping the whole thing entirely and spending the night at the pole. We've only been on 2 shorter cruises, both after taking several longer night cruises, but it seems like the formal night was generally ignored... at most, guys were wearing ties over a long-sleeve shirt (can't remember what the ladies were wearing). I was in khakis, a tie and a blazer and was WAY overdressed... bit of a shock after so many 7- and 10-nighters.

I have shown up in a sport coat and tie on a 3 and 4 night cruise, and both times felt way overdressed.

I am going to leave the tux at home.

Oh, and you tip bartenders when you buy your drinks as well

-dave

patricia27

Original Poster
Dream

Thanks for the information

We are going on the DREAM on May29th 2011
I think it is the first of the 5 night cruises.
My husband will probably pack shirt/long trousers.
I doubt if he`ll take a jacket as it`s extra weight
on the flight and we`ll be in WDW after that so he won`t
need it then.
I`ll sort out a dress/skirt.

Can`t wait it`s taken me long enough to persuade
him he`d like to go !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom