Disney Cruise

bobaloo000

Just returned from 11 days at WDW. Weather was hot and rainy. Crowds at MK were OK, MGM packed (most likely due to early closing), AK was mobbed, EPCOT OK. Water Parks packed, bad decision to close River Country three days a week.

We went in August to celebrate my daughters 11th B-Day, now my next daughter informed us that on her 11th she wants to go on the cruise (March 2002). We are a family of six so this could get expensive. Any tips or web sites that give advice or info would be welcome.

Thanks.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by bobaloo000
Just returned from 11 days at WDW. Weather was hot and rainy. Crowds at MK were OK, MGM packed (most likely due to early closing), AK was mobbed, EPCOT OK. Water Parks packed, bad decision to close River Country three days a week.

We went in August to celebrate my daughters 11th B-Day, now my next daughter informed us that on her 11th she wants to go on the cruise (March 2002). We are a family of six so this could get expensive. Any tips or web sites that give advice or info would be welcome.

Thanks.

well u can go to disney.com or go to the travel and get the info-magizine they have on the cruise that will show u all the prices and such. I'll try to hunt my book down and tell u some prices.

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

We have taken two Disney Cruises and have found them to be well worth the money. A nice aspect of a cruise ship is that it can only get so crowded no matter what time of year it is. Also remember that you won't have to buy extra food, etc (everything but tips -which you can plan for- is included), which makes the price seem more reasonable. We have found the book The Unofficial Guide to Cruises by Kay Showker to be very helpful both in teaching you how to find deals on cruises and also for general info.

Good luck and enjoy.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

When do we..er, you... leave on your Disney cruise, DF?

We....uh, I leave on the 10th of February. ;) So I've got awhile yet.

My next trip out of town will be back to Chicago for Christmas. My first Nephew (or Niece for that matter) is due on December 1st so I'm very much looking forward to it. :)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

We....uh, I leave on the 10th of February. ;) So I've got awhile yet.

My next trip out of town will be back to Chicago for Christmas. My first Nephew (or Niece for that matter) is due on December 1st so I'm very much looking forward to it. :)

Okay, I'll be packed by then. ;)

Congratulations, Uncle Freak! :)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

Okay, I'll be packed by then. ;)

Congratulations, Uncle Freak! :)

Don't forget to pack the silk. ;)

Uncle Freak, that's good. Could you imagine when he's older telling his friends that he's spending the weekend at his Uncle Freaks? :eek: My Sister would probably be getting some phone calls.

NOTE: Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that all food and beverages were included. This is not entirely true. Your beverages are included with your meals (except for alcohol) but during any other time you must pay for Coke or Iced Tea, etc. They have a large container that costs $20 (similar to what they have at the waterparks) and you can refill it for free the remainder of the Cruise.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Don't forget to pack the silk. ;)

Uncle Freak, that's good. Could you imagine when he's older telling his friends that he's spending the weekend at his Uncle Freaks? :eek: My Sister would probably be getting some phone calls.

NOTE: Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that all food and beverages were included. This is not entirely true. Your beverages are included with your meals (except for alcohol) but during any other time you must pay for Coke or Iced Tea, etc. They have a large container that costs $20 (similar to what they have at the waterparks) and you can refill it for free the remainder of the Cruise.

Taken care of. ;) Some stuff with better dye so we don't have those color smears like last night...

My dad calls my brother's friend "Uncle Scary" to the nieces and nephews.... and it's about right, too....

Do Ariel and I need to worry about buying the container for drinks, or do you have that under control? ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom